Official Gundam Plamodel Thread

yeah,, but I was hoping that they'll throw the rest in ;),, Since they are just Weapons they should be easier to design.

Oh, The House of Anime is having a sale and they have somes discounts on their Gundam models.. Some of their Mastergrades are priced pretty good like $16 Zaku 2 , and $20 Zelta plus. But I was too late and they are all sold out. :angry::angry::(

But they still have

Gundam RX-79G - MG for $20

Aile Strike Gundam - MG for $36

Hi-Zack - MG for $30

Master Gundam - MG for $26

Qubeley - MG for $24

Wing Gundam Zero - MG for $36

Their F91 line and UC HG1/144 are pretty cheap too.

Nadesico, Akatuki Custom for $7

http://www.hoaoutlet.com/

Edited by F360°

OK....who can help with some hobby magazine scans?

I'm interested in the bolded areas below:

(yes, I know I ask of MSIA info in a "Plamodel thread", but this beast 2 separate posts. :p )

This month's hobby mag news UPDATED

Japanese boards and news sites are reporting the following so we may as well, too:

BBS posts are saying MG Zaku, Gouf, Dom, and Char's Gelgoog (all ver. One Year War 0079) for April reported by this month's Dengeki Hobby Magazine. The HGUC Gundam Mk II + Flying Armor was delayed to May.

1/100 Blaze Zaku Phantom (Rey Za Burrel custom, early April, 2,730 yen)

1/100 Blaze Zaku Warrior (late April, 2,730 yen)

HG Abyss Gundam (April 9th, 1,575 yen)

1/144 Slash Zaku Phantom (Yzak Joule custom, April, 525 yen)

1/100 Sword Impulse Gundam (May, 2,415 yen)

Meer Campbell's Zaku is said to be referred to as the "Zaku Warrior Live Concert Version". Priced at 1,050 yen.

Fans can either select MSiA Variable Phase Shift-armored Blast Impulse or a VPS-armored Sword Impulse by purchasing through Hobby Japan or Dengeki Hobby Magazine. (Sorry, it does not come with the magazine like reported earlier)

THANK-YA!!

yes if people have pics of those please post, i did not realize they were going to do all of those, i hop they are new designs and not just recolors.

chris

Bigger pics of the upcoming MG Decal Sets from TJ Grosnet:

01 MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/photos/decal/gundam_z.jpg

02 RX-78-2 Gundam ver. Ka

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/photos/decal/gundam_Ka.jpg

03 ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/photos/decal/gundam_freedom.jpg

04 RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. ONE YEAR WAR 0079)

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/photos/decal/gundam_0079.jpg

05 MS-06F/J Zaku II & MS-06S Zaku II (Char Aznable's Custom)

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/photos/decal/gundam_zaku.jpg

06 RX-178 Gundam MK II (AEUG Use) & RMS-106 Hi-Zack

http://www.tj-grosnet.com/photos/decal/gundam_mk2.jpg

Edited by GRAND CANNON

nothing really all that new on them, i may need the RX-78 ver.ka ones, because i thought about painting mine , and i would have to take off all of the stickers. do you know if they are stickers or water slide yet?

chris

Gundamer has some larger pics and they confirm that they are water-slides:

01 MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

02 RX-78-2 Gundam ver. Ka

03 ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam

04 RX-78-2 Gundam (ver. ONE YEAR WAR 0079)

05 MS-06F/J Zaku II & MS-06S Zaku II (Char Aznable's Custom)

06 RX-178 Gundam MK II (AEUG Use) & RMS-106 Hi-Zack

Edited by GRAND CANNON

i have seen these, i wonder if this is the similar as the Victory Gundam i used to have, it to was also made by them, i believe they also made the Rx-78 Ver.ka and a zaku

Edited by zeo-mare

It looks like B-club is making the Launcher Joint set for the MG Strike Gundam, from the looks of things you probably need the 1/100 HG Launcher to complete, something tells me the Sword one is on the way.

HLJ 1/100 MG Launcher Set

Hmmmm curious on how many pieces it is...it says its a Skill LVL 2 so it can't be difficult to put together, but I've never built anything from B-Club, much less anyone other then Hasegawa or Bandai directly.

I had the urge Sunday and started working on God Gundam again....I managed to finish the Core booster and one of the arms...but honestly....if I hadn't broken that chest piece I think I would keep building this thing, it isn't difficult, but its really something you shouldn't be painting...or well just not the endoskeleton frame....

The joints were just too tight espically after using those screws, and it makes me feel like I'm going to break the damn thing and I probably would!

However, because I painted the armor pieces, I might just get another God Gundam or do a kit bash for kicks of my own lil Mobile Fighter....at this point I don't know, don't really care either since I got like 100 dollars to go on my PSP, and I gotta worry about my trip to seattle in a few eeks.

I just got back from the hobby store during my lunch hour and I got Shinning Gundam for the hell of it.

I didn't notice this till I was reading the instructions, but did anyone notice the frame is virtually identical to God Gundam's? I know the chest and arms are for sure the same, but the legs might be just a tad bit different....I know they did this to the 8th MS Team MG's....but I find this interesting that if I don't really wanna build Shinning and I wanna fix my God Gundam...I can just use parts from this kit instead 0_o....but I wont.

It looks like B-club is making the Launcher Joint set for the MG Strike Gundam, from the looks of things you probably need the 1/100 HG Launcher to complete, something tells me the Sword one is on the way.

HLJ 1/100 MG Launcher Set

i'm actually surprised anything like this hasn't come out yet...i think they should've done a full pack though instead of the shoulders...it would've been nice to have the more lineart accurate mega cannons and all...

So far I've concluded that painting the frame of God Gundam was the cause of all my misfortune. On Sunday I went ahead and built one of the arm frames and I came to thinking "Damn this thing is REALLY tough to move around grrrrrr!"

Thought then "Well I am using screws...and that can make joints too difficult to bend..."

So as I was working on Shining while talking to Haro I suddenly went "HOLY CRAP! It was the paint's fault!" Yep, I could move the arm frame just fine with no worries of causing stress to the parts.

I managed to do both arms and upper body before I quit. After that I did a quick clean up of the parts, dried them carefully not to leave lil marks or tissue bits on the plastic and paint the red and blue parts.

I also discovered something REALLY stupid on Bandai's part. The vent thrusters that go on the top of the Core Hovercraft or fighter or what ever the hell you wanna call it.......are yellow molded.......they're suppose to be a grey like color. SO WHY OH WHY!? Why didn't bandai just put it with the other grey pieces? What gives? I don't have a clue...

I also thought of how stupid it was on some other things.....beisdes the rubber hands....but that's not the point :p

The "gold" pieces for its super mode are infact just bright yellow. So I'm gonna have to make another trip to the hobby store either during my lunch or after work (perfer afterwork) and go buy a can of Gold paint to make it more authentic.

I'll have this puppy done by probably Friday night....

see...this is exactly why i don't paint the endoskeleton :rolleyes: the outer armor is fine...just not the frame...besides, how often do you take off the armor pieces to look at the frame anyways? well, i guess only when you're THAT bored :blink:

well Hikuro...are you still gonna go ahead with the G Gundam cannibalization? :p

btw...what are bandai's plans for the next MG kit (after all the crappy PP game kits come out) and any news on the HGUC Hazel? :(

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I'll probably buy another Shining and use that for the canabilization...I got a few ideas I'd like to use to make my Mobile Fighter custom...hell I haven't even given it a name other then the fact it's a Neo Japan fighter which the pilots name will be "Ken Urashima" for now.

But I'd like to plot out just what exactly I wanna do...I mean what I told you having to buy Speigle, Shining and use all those parts to somehow make them fit...

I'm just gonna wait and see first!

ugh...those kits are nothing but slighty different colors and different boxes <_< it's like wtf...that's like half a year wasted on crap we have already seen <_<

still no news on the HGUC Gundam Hazel? :( i wanna see color protos or even just a resin proto... <_<

damn u bandai...just...damn u :angry::angry:

ugh...those kits are nothing but slighty different colors and different boxes <_< it's like wtf...that's like half a year wasted on crap we have already seen <_<

damn u bandai...just...damn u :angry:  :angry:

Word. furious.gif

Yep I admit that's a big dissapointment right there. Just models slightly tweeked, new boxes etc...but it really sucks for those who don't own those kits. As for me I don't own those so I might get those instead of wasting money on kits that have weak posability and what not.

Hmmmmm....I thiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk we need to see a few F91 and Char's Counter Attack MG's...like the Jegans and Geara Doga's....

Hmmmmm....I thiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk we need to see a few F91 and Char's Counter Attack MG's...like the Jegans and Geara Doga's....

don't forget the crossbone gundams... :rolleyes:

I bet these video game tie-ins will not be reissued and become incredibly hard to find in the future just like the MSV kits that were released in Zeta Gundam boxes.

I'll pick up a bunch of them just on principle - not Gundams = I buy.

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Half a year? All indications point to those kits being released at the same time. How is that half a year?

I wouldn't place too much stock in a HGUC Hazel. Sounds like another rumor that won't ever pan out.

either way...just a bunch of limited edition kits with just very slight color changes and different boxes...and yeah it does look like they'll all be released the same time...in april (as hlj says) and in march the OYW 78 will be released...i mean sure the 78 can pose now but come on...it's not in the standard colors and some of the panel lines really bug me...god, the freakin' red parts look like a purple-pink color <_< i know i'm not going to be buying it. i know many of you will buy it simply because it's something new. and bandai hasn't given any indications that they will release anything later on this year...yes i know it takes months of work just to make one kit but no news from any of the hobby mags? ...maybe we need an inside guy now... :ph34r:

Hi,

Just completed my first MG kit. Overall this is my second kit that I have done and this time I decided not to paint it except for areas where needed. I also panel line it with a Gundam marker. Overall, pretty happy with the Aile Strike and would appreciate it if some of you could give me some feedback on it to see where I can improve on.

Thanks. Here's the first pic.

post-26-1110095646_thumb.jpg