Macross Mod for Homeworld 2

The_Major

Alrighty, i thought this the best place to ask this so here it goes.

Currently in development, as alot of you may or may not know, there is a total conversion to the Macross universe, more specificly the DYRL? "Version" of the Space War One Era, and rather than calling it the Macross DYRL? TC for Homeworld 2, im looking for a nice catchy name for the project.

so if there are any of you out there with some ideas, as i know ya are, give us a suggestion. :D:D

Question.

Do you have to kill your fleet at the end of each mission so you can have a chance of winning the next?

<_<:ph34r:

not really, the game generates enemies for the next level based on what you have left, just enough to beat you, basically, if you have all one type of ships, the computer will have ships that beat that.

if you have a decent well-balanced fleet, you should be able to beat the computer.

or you can retire all your ships and the end of each level, and have a bunch in the queue ready to be built.

------

Homeworld 2 Plus

or Homeworld 2+2 Lovers again

:lol:

Major! nice to hear from you!

The site hasn't been updated in a while (I'm on to talk, check out the HW DYRL site )

How are things progressing? any new models besides Lestat's revamped (pun intended) Gun Destroyer?

Yeah there's been lots of progress,

Lestat has Revamped the Gundestroyer, modeld the Calliara destroyer, ARMD, 3 melt ships, and The Nupetiet-Vernitzs has been overhauled as well. and he updated the textures on my QF-3000.

Also Rauk has compleated the VF-1A model and is working on the texture.

And Alfie is working on the Qf-9iE and its lookin pretty nice.

and as for me, im working on the spiderbug recovery craft, the Oberth, and random things like missiles and the like.

On some side notes, the original VF-X-4 will be represented acurately, as well as the "Newer" VF-X-4 design as featured on hikarus desk in DYRL?

"Makaaaaaaan!!!

Oh dear the man has been taken over by captain Kirk :-p

and youll be able to use the main cannon on just about anything you like, and as soon as we figure out how to implement custom animations, youll be able to transform her from Crusier to Storm Attacker at your wim.

Just try not to piss off the citizens in the city by transforming too much. :p

and rejected on grounds of taste:

Homeworld 2: The Quickening

I am wondering, how much pot would i have to smoke, to concider this name :ph34r:

Question.

Do you have to kill your fleet at the end of each mission so you can have a chance of winning the next?

<_<  :ph34r:

not really, the game generates enemies for the next level based on what you have left, just enough to beat you, basically, if you have all one type of ships, the computer will have ships that beat that.

if you have a decent well-balanced fleet, you should be able to beat the computer.

or you can retire all your ships and the end of each level, and have a bunch in the queue ready to be built.

------

Homeworld 2 Plus

or Homeworld 2+2 Lovers again

:lol:

Well.. it's still largely based on numbers... go in with 2 HCs and 4 Destroyers, and you'll be up against 6 HCs, 20+ Destroyers, hundreds of bombers, fighters, frigates, etc....

Go in with 1 HC... or god forgid, no cap ships, and at most you'll see 1 HC, and MAYBE 1 or 2 Destroyers.

I dunno, but I had a hell of a better time against 1 HC compared to 6 HC + 20 Destroyers....

oh, my two cents:

HW2: DYRL (keep it simple, leaves space for future additions... like... HW2: Mac Plus, HW2: Mac 7..... maybe even HW2: Flashback :-p)

Alright my full intention with this mod, is once DYRL? is done to go on to the next increment of importance in the macross universe wich would indeed be Flashback 2012 we even have a partial Megaroad done already (was started before project came together, we are now focusing on just DYRL? as not to become overwhelmed) and once the ships are done ofcourse we will do a campaign for each era wich will give us a chance to ease some minds by providing our own answer to "What happend to the SDF-2".

Sooooooo in short here is a production list.

in order of how we are going to do things.

DYRL? Ships and mecha

When ships are done a campaign will be done

Macross: Flashback 2012 ships and mecha

Macross + era Ships and mecha (with cameo's from Isamu and Guld and possibly sharon.

When ships are done a campaign will be done (Duno how this will work out)

Macross 7 Era ships soundforce is a maybe......

Then just so you dont think im forgeting you. and you know who you are after all of the above is compleated i will try and do a Macross II addition too.

And ofcourse the best part about all this is multi player where it will be possible to choose from each Era's "Goodies and Baddies" and pit them against each other for example..

the Space war one era UNS fleet against Mac 7 era UNS fleet, or Meltrandi vs Varuta (sp?) and so on.

For this reason I wish this computer could play HW2. Sadly, it can't :(

From what you had of the MSDF-1 in the origional HW, I can't wait to see the Megaroad. Is 2012 strictly 2012 or the era in between M7 and FB2012?

Also, will we see the VA-14/VF-14 in addition to the all-so-loveable VF-4? And will VF-1s still be there in a support role or will you make all new fighters for these roles?

If this mod comes out before the end of the year (When I get a working computer B)) I can't decide weather I should ignore HW and play this mod or not.

I was just looking up at the title on my browser window... and it struck me... assuming Shawn and Graham don't object.......

MacrossWorld!! yeah baby!!! err.. you know, Macross.. + Homeworld...? :p

From there, we can do: MW: DYRL, MW: Flashback 2012, MW: Plus...

Alright, it's getting late... signs of sleep depreviation are beginning to show...

Macrossworld, a Homeworld 2 TC ;)

would Shawn and Graham mind the game being named after their site? ya know.. imitation is the finest form of flattery :lol:

also, you don't need Homeworld2 or HW2 infront of the title.. many other mods don't follow that trend. (Team Fortress Classic, Counter-Strike, etc)

What's Wrong with MACROSS: SPACE WAR ONE

Hmm, you know what I like about this one?

It doesn't have the *&$! word homeworld in it!

Just because you're modding a game doesn't mean you're obligated to put the original title in the mod's title... <_<

Edited by Cdr Fokker

:ph34r: well lol, i guess the dev has spoken, :-p we will go with Macross: Space War One

people need to lay off the caffiene :ph34r::lol:

In hopes of throwing a monkey wrench into this whole naming scheme... :D

How does that differentiate between the DYRL version and the TV version?

It doesn't have the *&$! word homeworld in it!

Just because you're modding a game doesn't mean you're obligated to put the original title in the mod's title...  <_<

Hehe. . . true enough. But I wrote a scenario for Civilization II based on Tolkien's The Silmarillion. . .

Even though I state it clearly in several places (even in the logo). . . I still get a few emails per month asking: "Hey, what's this? How do I play it? Do I need some other game?"

Maybe putting Homeworld somewhere in the title (like a subtitle) would help cut down on such questions.

Personally, I love: "Macross: Space War One"

H

Edited by Hurin

M:SWO is nice for a title, but if we are going to have a logo, I suggest doing what we have been doing, having the title put across the HW / HW2 title, just to make things clear.