For you custom builders

Jawjaw

Since when did Valkyries have gay pride parades?

gp02.jpg

In the ancient words of my people...

"guacala"

Imagine that instead of Hikaru's Strike VF-1S in DYRL one of those gay pride valks had gone into the fortress...

the "PROTOCULTURE!" he says would had a greater impact

I do think it's funny hearing people who've never seen an anime talk about how much they hate it, though.

Informed opinions are so rare.

Don't hate the valkyrie, hate the game!  :p

Hey, I tried, I really tried...

and I don't know if it was the crap animation, the way they reused footage at least a dozen times, the little fuzzy whatthehell that hung out on that dude's shoulder, or the faggy red valqueery with it's sound pods, and harry potter at the controls....oh and the music that sucked.

Something about it just turned me off........ :rolleyes:

Well then you've seen it, MM... so I wasn't talking to you.

I was talking to folks that saw this brief flash of SK's humor, poking fun at what would be an outdated design, in M7 - as a reason to not watch M7.

;)

EDIT in - imode, there's really nothing to defend. The paint jobs on the VF-1's are actually supposed to be funny.

Edited by Blaine23

I did notice a paint scheme i liked. The old navy blue, sky blue, and white/dull ghost grey from ww2. they painted a corsair and carrier planes like this early in the war. After building a small 72nd scale corsair. I built and painted a 1/144 scale f14 in the same paint scheme. Just to see if it looked ok. Need less to say i liked it and plan to build a 1/48 scale f-14 scale i have in my closet with that scheme. and may be the vf-1s i have half built.

post-4-1082494648.jpg

Edited by buddhafabio

Hmm....I remember that their Monster had eyes painted on it. But otherwise, it was in "mint" condition. It was funny when they blew that building down. :lol:

It is weird, the "eye" was also on the Macross Monster

post-4-1082498064_thumb.jpg

Here is another one to compare...

Sorry for the image size

so i guess its the same monster, and the same crew members from the SDF-1. Now they are geezers and Max is still young and kicking. :lol:

Recycled animation? Did you see the original show?

Kawamori didn't just approve it, he invented it.

Story Concept/Supervisor: Shoji Kawamori (Macross)

I swear you guys are hilarious some days. Just watch the damn show. I'd rather rock out to Basara's songs than Minmay's.

Hmmm... Silver Moon, Red Moon or Holy Lonely Night........

Additionally, the Minmay Guard is just as faggy as any valkyrie in M7. :p

Additionally, the Minmay Guard is just as faggy as any valkyrie in M7.

THANKYOU for saying so!!! I really hate this paint scheme, but I didn't want to be the first to say it!!! I cringe every time I see a 1/48 (IMO) wasted on this eyesore of a paint scheme... It looks like packaging for some obscure brand of breathmints or the color scheme of a ski resort in Reno whose owner hasn't yet realized that the eighties are over... yech!!!

Recycled animation? Did you see the original show?

Kawamori didn't just approve it, he invented it.

Story Concept/Supervisor: Shoji Kawamori (Macross)

I swear you guys are hilarious some days. Just watch the damn show. I'd rather rock out to Basara's songs than Minmay's.

Hmmm... Silver Moon, Red Moon or Holy Lonely Night........

Additionally, the Minmay Guard is just as faggy as any valkyrie in M7. :p

That's a good point Max! Damn, I never thought of that. And the Minmay Valk has friggin' Minmay on it! Geez, a VF-1S with Strike armor just isn't as appealing with Minmay splashed all over it! :rolleyes:

oh wow, that polka dot is just out of this world! I'm gonna put a hold on my desert camo and start on the Bozo valk right away! errr, ah, ugh maybe not...*barf*

you're right, more reason NOT to watch mac7!

Yeah, you're desert camo idea sucks. :p Seriously, I can't wait to see this thing.

I think there's just alot of people who don't like Minmay

LOL - I think she is suppose to be a little annoying. I find Basara to be annoying as well but he cracks me up. Whenever a big battle breaks out or any trouble for that matter, he flies into the middle of everything, gets in everyone's way, and demands that people hear him sing. If they refuse and run away, he gets pissed and chases after them and sings even louder.

well i have to say the Valk with the red flames is pretty cool once you realise that its suposed to resembel a samuri, ala the Feathers on the back being swords and that headcreast thinger, either way Feathers = gay, they shoulda used Flag like things or somethin, but it would be a pretty cool custom if done right.

well i have to say the Valk with the red flames is pretty cool once you realise that its suposed to resembel a samuri, ala the Feathers on the back being swords and that headcreast thinger, either way Feathers = gay, they shoulda used Flag like things or somethin, but it would be a pretty cool custom if done right.

Didn't Samurai wear their daisho on their hip?

I could see the feathers representing a sashimono but not a daisho...

:blink:  So there is a lot of us that don't like the MM guard?

I've never liked the paint scheme - I agree with Max, it's more than a bit fruity.

But I do respect the hell out of the customizers who can actually make one.

;) So do I, I think the customizers are the one that have made it look cool instead of making the valk... pretty

Correct me if I´m wrong but I think this is the first ever Toy thread to be hijacked by M7 haters. Two threads in a week , damn , you guys are getting better at this ain´t ya ?

It's convinced me that they must be overcompensating for something.

Tose M7 VF 1s can only be loved by Red Comet...  Good to see he havent seen this thread yet.

Those things are HORRIBLE!

I have the M/ TV series for sell as well the OVA... Anybody wants it??  :p

Oh my!!! Love these valks...

*Moans in pleasure*

I was really only a matter of time... :lol:

Tose M7 VF 1s can only be loved by Red Comet...  Good to see he havent seen this thread yet.

Those things are HORRIBLE!

I have the M/ TV series for sell as well the OVA... Anybody wants it??  :p

Oh my!!! Love these valks...

*Moans in pleasure*

I was really only a matter of time... :lol:

:D

Correct me if I´m wrong but I think this is the first ever Toy thread to be hijacked by M7 haters. Two threads in a week , damn , you guys are getting better at this ain´t ya ?

I think "hijacked" is a bit premature. Wait until there's a big, ehem "debate." Then repost this! :D When a pic from M7 is posted, soliciting opinions, one can most definitely expect M7 haters. It just so happens that the paricular pic shows defaced VF-1 Valkyries.

Off topic, for those who are going to jump in and defend M7, ask yourself, "would I still like M7 (as much) if if didn't have the word Macross in the title?".

Back on topic, I'd like to see if even a master like Jung could make one of those paint schemes look good. :)

Off topic, for those who are going to jump in and defend M7, ask yourself, "would I still like M7 (as much) if if didn't have the word Macross in the title?".

Well, considering that I mainly like M7 for the characters, the character and relationship development, and the overall themes of the show, well yeah, Most definitely.

Macross II has Macross in the title, and I make no secret that I don't like it.

Anyone asking a question like that might want to consider the possibility that people have different tastes. This of course goes both ways. I don't expect everyone to like the show, and I can understand why some people wouldn't, while others would love it.

If you believe otherwise, then you are no different than those that argue for Macross 7, expecting that everyone should love it and those with dissenting opinions are wrong. Which leads to threads being hijacked by people asking off topic questions like "would I still like M7 (as much) if if didn't have the word Macross in the title?".