What is the worst scenario?

RichterX

just want to know in which kinds of disaster your Valks been involved in

When I bought my first Variable Fighters, the 1/72 VF-11B from Yamato and the 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru on U.S.A. I took them back to my house in Peru, after fixing one of the hips that snap from the VF-11B after i took it first time from the box :angry:

I put it on a stand with the VF-1A and kept them there for a couple of days until broom... earthquake Yammies dancing on the stand and go flying to the floor, good thing it was a carpet floor...

both were on battloid mode no big damage, no broken parts on the VF-1A I was surprise how sturdy it is,

VF-11B broke its other hip, had to glue it back and the one fixed stay it place...

just want to know in which kinds of disaster your Valks been involved in

When I bought my first Variable Fighters, the 1/72 VF-11B from Yamato and the 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru on U.S.A. I took them back to my house in Peru, after fixing one of the hips that snap from the VF-11B after i took it first time from the box :angry:

I put it on a stand with the VF-1A and kept them there for a couple of days until broom... earthquake Yammies dancing on the stand and go flying to the floor, good thing it was a carpet floor...

both were on battloid mode no big damage, no broken parts on the VF-1A I was surprise how sturdy it is,

VF-11B broke its other hip, had to glue it back and the one fixed stay it place...

Some of your answers can be found here:

Click here

1/48= Fast pack

1/60= None that I know of or experienced.

1/55 = Toynami = Non, just need little better QC

1/55 = None, I drop on off of high rise building and it still lasted (J/K)

Came home one day from school after the mades had been there. whent in my room and found my 1/48 vf-1s hikaru on the floor, shattred. the backpack joint broken. im getting the parts so i can have it fixed.

one day i lost my temper and through a shoe at my toy shelf and my max vf-1j

MPC arm and backpack broke off.

those were the worst and only trajedy with my collections.

I had the hip problem with the VF-11 later in it's lifetime. I glued it and stuck it in fighter mode. I like that version better anyways.

LOL,

When my hips broke on the VF-11, I drilled all the way through the fuselage, inserted a machine screw, but a nut on the end and sanded the hip ball joints down. Now I have a fully poseable VF-11! and no possibility of breaking!

wOOt

Merrell

The most stressful thing I've had to endure with my collection is just moving a few times, but very, very careful packing has left me with no problems whatsoever.

Of course I still have my VF-11 with original hips... but no one touches him. No one.

Merrell,

That's an idea that never crossed my mind.  Damn.  I wished I had thought of that!  Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Here are the pics incase you decide to go back and change yours.

Here you can see the break, where I initially superglued it before drilling it out to put the machine screw through:

hip.jpg

Here is a shot of the inside of the fuselage where I cut away some of the plastic structure support and put the nut on the machine screw:

inside1.jpg

Second shot of the same:

inside2.jpg

This one is a bad pic, but I shaved down some of the white Hip Joint cushion material around the edge to give more flexibility to the hip:

legjoint.jpg

Here is what the screw and shaved down ball joint look like:

screw.jpg

Finally, my VF-11 would like to @SS you a question:

ass.jpg

Peace!

Merrell

Since I live in SoCal, ask me after Sept. 5 :p

I was flying my '48 Hikaru 1A through my living room, when I just suddenly dropped it. Luckily, even in fighter mode, the only thing that happened was that missiles were all over my floor for about an hour or so.

As for non-Macross toys, I remember the day that I bought my GI Joe Defiant, I was driving it home in my convertible and a few parts flew off of it on the freeway-luckily I was able to pull off and retrieve them...

Someone predicted the incredibly long time dormat New Madrid fault, running right alongside the Mississippii river, would have a massive quake back on Dec 3rd, 1990. CNNcameras showed up, everyone bought quake kits - nobody in middle america, Missouri, Tennessee, etc knows what the hell we're supposed to do in such a situation - people even left town and some schools closed.

And of course absolutely nothing happened. The New Madrid hasn't had a quake since the early 1800's. :rolleyes:

if they can predict earthquake they are not geologists,

earthquakes are unpredictable...

I wouldn't be quite that dismissive. While I doubt we've gotten there yet, many geologists believe that earthquakes may be predictable in the future.

I don't think it's too foolish to believe that there may be warning signs of large quakes. Perhaps patterns of smaller tremors on adjoining faults or tributary faults?

Not saying this guy isn't a quack. . . but I wouldn't be so flatly dismissive either.

H

I had my 1st edition VF-11B fall from my dresser (a distance of about 5 ft.) onto the hardwood floor of my bedroom, and to my surprise there was no damage other than a slight stress mark (whitish discoloration of the plastic). To this day this VF is undamaged, even the much maligned hips are intact.

bought a VF-1S Strike 1/60, put it on top of tv in battloid mode, and battloid falls to the floor...

damage, just some stress marks on the nose cone where the legs attach.

Hmm.......I was getting used to my YF-21, so I leave it on my computer desk, my computer is in the living room.... I go out, come back about 2 hours later, and forgot that my brother had friends coming over, and when I was got to my room I noticed that my YF-21 wasn't on the shelf and then I remembered that it was on the computer desk. So I go to the living room and I can't find it. I start freaking out and then I find it on the carpet. No damage on it, but I was pissed off at my brother. One close call was when I was trying to pose it in Gerwalk mode and it nearly hit the tile. Good thing I have Jedi reflexes. :lol:

Hmm.......I was getting used to my YF-21, so I leave it on my computer desk, my computer is in the living room.... I go out, come back about 2 hours later, and forgot that my brother had friends coming over, and when I was got to my room I noticed that my YF-21 wasn't on the shelf and then I remembered that it was on the computer desk. So I go to the living room and I can't find it. I start freaking out and then I find it on the carpet. No damage on it, but I was pissed off at my brother. One close call was when I was trying to pose it in Gerwalk mode and it nearly hit the tile. Good thing I have Jedi reflexes. :lol:

Wow very glorious battle story the YF-21 vs little brother and friends...

Most of my crap are MISB. Don't have enough display cases to display them.

So yeah, my Valks are safe in the meantime.

Can yellowing occur on the toys even if they are factory sealed up?

Yep. Yellowing can still occur even if the toys have never left their package. As you know, store them in a cool dark place to slow down and/or prevent yellowing.

My disaster was when the house was getting remodeled. My valks are on a shelf about 5 feet from the floor. The shelves underneath were filled w/ my gundams. It was a suprise, because I went to class in the morning. I come home, see the people jack-hammering away the bathroom, I open my door and see my gundams on the floor, and my valks piles on top of them....

Luckily, nothing broke...

My 1/48 with FAST pack armor came crashing down from the top shelf of my bookcase, after a drunk room mate decided he'd come take a look at my DVDs while I was out..

Thankfully, for him, it suffered no damage, though I moved the DVDs and don't let him in my room anymore.

My disaster was when the house was getting remodeled. My valks are on a shelf about 5 feet from the floor. The shelves underneath were filled w/ my gundams. It was a suprise, because I went to class in the morning. I come home, see the people jack-hammering away the bathroom, I open my door and see my gundams on the floor, and my valks piles on top of them....

Luckily, nothing broke...

I would have thrown a major conniption fit :p

Edited by SupremeKaioshin

• 4 weeks later...

One night after a heavy nights drinking I stumbled back home and was sitting up in bed playing with my Bandai 1/55 CF. I must have flaked out with it still in my hand, I woke the next morning to find that I'd spent the night sleeping on it!

Broken tail fin.

I Super-glued it back together but it'll never be the same

Moral: Valkyries and Alchohol don't mix :(

I had my VF-11B for like 6mo and transformed it pretty roughly and never broke a hip ^_^

Worst thing that happened to me was my brand spankin' new 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru took a header off a TV stand in a Hong Kong hotel room literally the day I bought it.

Nothing happened though.

Vostok 7

The worst thing to ever happen to my yammies is when I first got the Miria 1/48 I put it into battroid and set it down in front of my 18" Spider-Man, which I might add had been recently re-posed. I leave my room to get somthing from the kitchen, and I come back, and Spidey had fallen over, and his extended leg had punted the Miria 1/48 onto the floor. Luckily I have carpet and it was only about a three foot fall, but to come back into my room with Miria on the floor... it scared the piss outta me. Today's lesson... Don't put anything of value in front of Spidey.