Megazone 23 news

Keith

ADV finally put up "something" about Megazone 23 other than the fact that they licensed it.

http://www.advfilms.com/titles/megazone/

Barely any info, but from the looks of it there's a new dub (guess even they couldn't stand the streamline dub, not that the new one seems to be any better), and it's due out this summer. The copyrights are shown for all 3 parts, so hopefully they'll release it in a single set instead of individual releases.

Whoever wrote the copy for that trailer should be shot.

Edited by Keith

Sing this to "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys--

It's all... about subs.

I just... can't stand dubs.

Believe... when I say:

Don't watch it that way.

But we... just can't quite

agree. 'Cause Dubs, just

kill me. Please don't say

That you want it that way.

Tell me why

(These actors always sound fake)

Tell me why

(Their voices make my ears ache)

That is why

When someone wants a dub, say:

Don't watch it that way.

There can... be no doubt

That dubs... are right out.

Yes I know it's too late

But subs are the right way

Okay... I'm all for protesting through song... but the Backstreet Boys?

That ain't gonna win anybody over to your cause, homey. :p

I love listening to everybody grouse about dubs... it's just so funny when 99% of anime DVDs include the option to turn them off. :rolleyes:

It's all... about subs.

Believe... when I say:

Don't watch it that way.

agree. 'Cause Dubs, just

Tell me why

Tell me why

That is why

Don't watch it that way.

There can... be no doubt

Yes I know it's too late

:lol::lol::lol:

It's all... about subs.

Believe... when I say:

Don't watch it that way.

agree. 'Cause Dubs, just

Tell me why

Tell me why

That is why

Don't watch it that way.

There can... be no doubt

Yes I know it's too late

I've killed people for lesser infractions against good taste...

at least its not milli vanilli :lol:

True the dub doesn't sound that great, but really I feel like th ey just waisted a big amount of cash doing yet ANOTHER dubbed version of part one...but maybe it'll be a bit more faithful to the original version...who knows.

But hey nothing wrong with "And getting laid alllll summer"

True the dub doesn't sound that great, but really I feel like th ey just waisted a big amount of cash doing yet ANOTHER dubbed version of part one...but maybe it'll be a bit more faithful to the original version...who knows.

But hey nothing wrong with "And getting laid alllll summer"

What's wrong? Perhaps the fact that Shogo didn't get laid all summer long, and that there doesn't appear to be any distinction in seasons inside the Megazone...and it's freakin' stupid!

I love listening to everybody grouse about dubs... it's just so funny when 99% of anime DVDs include the option to turn them off.  :rolleyes:

The problem I have is that ADV's subs generally suck

Then I very obviously wasn't talking about you.

I just think some anime fans can lose sight of some things. One of my best friends has very poor eyesight and cannot read unless she's right in front of the TV, or projecting on a large screen. She loves anime and if it wasn't for dubs, she wouldn't get to enjoy any of her favorite shows.

I'm just glad they're making Megazone on DVD, it isn't as though it would have been any cheaper if they hadn't dubbed it - and for that alone I can ignore that godawful narrator script. :blink:

Besides, maybe he did get laid alllllllll summer long... it was just off-camera. :lol:

post-25-1077316877.jpg Blame it on the rain.. Yeah. Yeah... If you buy this new.. ADV will steal from you.. Blame it on the rain.. Yeah. Yeah.. post-25-1077316877.jpg

Looks like MZ23 volume 1 is set for June 1st

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/3039.php

Appears to be a disc 1 only & disc 1 with box release (would have prefered a soundtrack damnit!). What an odd choice in art though, I expected them to use some of the Mikimoto art.....oh wait, it's ADV, nevermind... Hell, look at the heavy use of green, already going for the Matrix tye-in.

Edited by Keith

I just think some anime fans can lose sight of some things. One of my best friends has very poor eyesight and cannot read unless she's right in front of the TV, or projecting on a large screen. She loves anime and if it wasn't for dubs, she wouldn't get to enjoy any of her favorite shows.

[Rabid Fanboy] Then your friend should either get laser eye surgery, or find another hobby [/Rabid Fanboy]

Seriously people, this Sub versus Dub debate is old, old, oooooooooold. Get over it. Now that we all have DVD's with both formats, why is this even an issue any more? :rolleyes:

Seriously people, this Sub versus Dub debate is old, old, oooooooooold. Get over it. Now that we all have DVD's with both formats, why is this even an issue any more? :rolleyes:

I think its not so much a debate of which is better, subs or dubs. Its more the quality of the dub or its accuracy to the original Japanese script. Ya know fanboy stuff lol. This Megazone 23 trailer is typical ADV..

Well,I'm pretty happy it's finally coming out.C'mon guys what heck is so bad about adv.they brought mospeda over.The dubbing on it doesn't sound that good.At least on the dub of part 2 I have a bootleg of B.D. sounds a hell of a lot better.I just bought bootlegs of all Megazones at Phila.Animation Society,too. I also got copies of Megazone soundtracks and Mospeda ones including Love,Live,Alive.To be truthfull the Eve and Yellow Belmont songs are much better than Minmay's.Eve is much more woman than her too.

post-25-1077316877.jpg Blame it on the rain.. Yeah. Yeah... If you buy this new.. ADV will steal from you.. Blame it on the rain.. Yeah. Yeah.. post-25-1077316877.jpg

and the board has reached a new low...... :)