Full Trailer for Spider-Man 2 is online.

I can't wait to see this movie.

Wow, I hope they make another one with VENOM(good guy) and CARNAGE! that would kick ass.

Ditto on that one.

If they wanted to show a more mature and darker side of spidy they should´ve gone with the simbiotic/Venom saga , and then cover something about Carnage.

A 2-on-1 fight with sprider-man in the same style as in the first movie would´ve been great. I don´t really like that much the Doc.

Saw it during The Apprentice. Boo on obvious and cheap-looking CG Spidy. Looks like they blew so much of their budget they can only afford to cloth Dr. Oct in sleeveless tank tops. <_<

There's a couple of shots that looked totally CG, like when he jumped on the windowsill.

But I'd take this over the horrible Nicholas Hammond version from the 70's. YUCK!

I like how it retains the look and feel of the first movie...more CGI, but with Spiderman, it doesn't look as fake as say, the Hulk. Doc Oct looks way better than the Green Goblin outfit they had in the first.

If they're going to do anything with Venom, it should start off with him as the bad guy.

That was the whole thrust of Venom's character: Finding Spider-man and eating his brains from his still-warm skull :)

If they're going to do anything with his character, they need to start with that. That way it'll make any potential alliance (to deal with Carnage, supoose) that much more different.

The problem with having a black Spidey, Venom, or maybe even Carnage is that studios prefer to change the look of the character enough so that marketing dollars will go thru them first before it goes to the owners of the license. a pure black Spidey would be hard to alter enough for them to claim as a new design.

I actually applaud Raimi for keeping the classic spidey pattern and he didn't go with the Alex Ross design, even though it looked great. Hopefully he can sway the studios to go for the story rather than worry about marketing $$, if he's even interested in the symbiote story line.

This scene was the best part of the trailer:

idol.jpg

Raiders of the Lost Ark? :blink:

I'm glad they didn't go with this design. WHEW.

Body ain't so bad. Not digging the red web shooters. Buggy eyes: ew, ew, ew, ew, ew.

Random tangent. I've always thought John Cusack would have made for an awesome Spider Man/ Peter Parker. He's got the broody sarcasm down, and he's got a dark, brainy edge, with a hint of goofy. 'Cept he's too old. And he might not have the voice for it-- at least not what I imagine masked Spidey sounding like.

-Al

That does explain nippled Batman.

Got a link to the Alex Ross design?  Never seen it yet.

-Al

I'm glad they didn't go with this design. WHEW.

Actually when Peter is designing his suit on his sketch pad in the 1st, I think Alex Ross's design was one of his rejects.

Edited by GobotFool

Don't worry, 3 is already in the works, and from what I have read, Sony is going to make as many as 6 if the series stays profitable.

Any hint what will be in 3, besides of course spidey? I'll definitely be seing this one.

Any hint what will be in 3, besides of course spidey? I'll definitely be seing this one.

My guess would be the Vulture or Sandman in #3. I would love to see the Scorpion, maybe with Vin Diesel playing him, but I don't think Scorp is a big enough bad guy to wheel out for #3. Maybe the Rock as Sandman? Maybe bring in the Black Cat played by Jaime Pressley? I feel the geekfest coming on...

Saw it during The Apprentice. Boo on obvious and cheap-looking CG Spidy. Looks like they blew so much of their budget they can only afford to cloth Dr. Oct in sleeveless tank tops. <_<

Ditto what he said. I wa shoping Spidey would be better looking this time around but he looks more play-doh than ever.

Venom would be cool...if they don't rush the story....wonder how they would cram that into a movie.

Venom's a loser. The symbiote suit itself was far more interesting before it started talking and acting all Gene Simmons.

I like Kraven, Vulture, Electro, Scorpion... Spidey's got a ton of great villains to choose from.

I like Kraven, Vulture, Electro, Scorpion... Spidey's got a ton of great villains to choose from.

Do you guys know if the Sinister Six was a huge story arc of the Spiderman comic?

Do you think that'd make for an interesting movie? Or would it be too much overkill. :D

Looks good to me. Keep in mind that those CGI shot of Spidey are likely not finished shots. However, if they look like that in the movie when it hits the theaters.... <_<

I think Venom would be an OK villain for a future installment, but you can bet that if any villain would raise the ire of CGI haters, it would be Venom. I think it's obvious that the Lizard is a likely candidate for a future sequel. And there's always the possibility of one of the many Hobgoblins making an appearance. My money is on Harry Osborne in that role.

Do you guys know if the Sinister Six was a huge story arc of the Spiderman comic?

Do you think that'd make for an interesting movie? Or would it be too much overkill. :D

Well... back in the day when those characters were introduced, there wasn't any such thing as huge story arcs, really... more like episodic with soap opera themes that carried throughout each episode.

But it would be very, very easy to use any or all of those characters in a kickass movie. I can't believe I left out Mysterio, with him the possibilies are pretty endless. I think all of them would be doable, but it would require some very adept storytelling... look how many mutants Singer was able to squeeze into X2.

I think all of them would be doable, but it would require some very adept storytelling... look how many mutants Singer was able to squeeze into X2.

Exactly. Sure, they crammed a lot of mutants into X2, but look at how much screen time each of them got.

The problem with all these great villans is picking and choosing which ones are going to get the most screen time, and which ones get the shaft and simply become background characters.

I think all of them would be doable, but it would require some very adept storytelling... look how many mutants Singer was able to squeeze into X2.

Exactly. Sure, they crammed a lot of mutants into X2, but look at how much screen time each of them got.

The problem with all these great villans is picking and choosing which ones are going to get the most screen time, and which ones get the shaft and simply become background characters.

I think they all got the appropriate amount of screen time in X2. I don't know about anybody else - but no one I know has told me they wished there was tons more of Toad.

The story should always dictate which characters are involved and to what degree of participation. Tell a good story, everything else falls into place. Fanboys who wish they had more Colossus should be left wanting more, as they were.

Still made a kickass comic movie, if you ask me.