1/48 BR "blue camo"

Jung

Ugh! This is making my 1/48's jealous! :o:p

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Very cool paint job! Unbelievable detail as always. However, I got to say that the yellow nose tip distracts my attention. I would think that the whole nose cone piece that comes off should be painted or none at all.

Hmmn. All those F-15 and F-16 schemes just don't work on the VF-1, IMHO. (Plus the totally messed up serial numbers bug me, but only because I actually know how the numbering scheme works--unlike the Navy, Air Force serial numbers actually make sense).

There's some F-14 schemes lower on that look good.

(man, like 99% of VF-1 schemes and squadrons are from real life, we need more people to actually invent some new squadrons and schemes--there's got to be more than Blue Roses)

Of course, you kinda need bored drunken sailors on shore leave to come up with the REALLY good squadron names, like the SHWFOTS. :) (Brownie points if you know who that is, and what the "official" name is)

I saw this, VF-1A soyru type also but urs is vf-1j

squadron custom painting

awwsome***** :lol:

keep it up ;)

btw, it's decal or painting? incredible till i can't differenciate it.

i think both correct?

All the ones that appeared in the Japanese magazines showed it as a vf1j. That's a very cool site, thanks!

the camo is painted, the markings are from Devin's sheet.

Heh heh,

Looks familiar!

Great job on the valk Jung! I couldn't have done it better!

Felix

Hey hey Flyboy's back!!! Man your 1/55 BR is what inspired me to get this custom made! I currently have the 1/55 BR you made for Christopher and is one of the best 1/55 conversion i've ever seen! Glad to see that you're still around.

Regards,

Gene

Hey hey Flyboy's back!!! Man your 1/55 BR is what inspired me to get this custom made!  I currently have the 1/55 BR you made for Christopher and is one of the best 1/55 conversion i've ever seen!  Glad to see that you're still around.

Regards,

Gene

Yeah, I thought that was my 1/55 custom in you avatar. :)

Christopher mentioned that he had to let go of it, but I didn't ask him who he sold it to.

I wish I had more time to do these things nowadays. I think that Blue Roses that I originally did for Christopher B was the last "model" I completed - and that was almost a year ago. I lurk on the boards every so often, but work and other commitments have kept me away from here, lately. I hate it when life gets in the way of my hobbies. :(

Glad you were inpired by my custom, though!

Cheers!

Felix

Edited by flyboy

This is my favorite of all that I've seen here.

Gene, you a lucky mofo!

Jung, you're a freak! No, you're a customizing superfreak!  The kind you don't take home to mother!

:o

LOL. :lol::lol::lol:

I love that song!

Great work Jung. I could only dream of creating something this detailed and beautiful. You are truly talented. Keep up the good work. :D

Edited by Skull Hunter

I think I'll second EXO. This paint job just blows anything I've seen on this site away.

Hah... show THIS to Kawamori... Imagine a limited edition... muah....

funny thing is that if Yamato wanted to do this, they can do it easily ,than doing it by hand, with the greatly improved painting techniques in toy production. methinks :p

Yamato can since they use sheetmetal painting "masks". You slide the mask over the parts, spray one color, slide second mask, spray second color and so on. Thats how the current parts are painted cept the numbers which look like hand held mask jobs.

The only problem is cost due to time since at least 3 masks would need to be for each assembler / assembly line plus you won't get variation since all of the mask will be the same.

Funny how much you learn from Engineering guys who deal with Chinese toy plants. :D

Someone go make a texture of that! I WANT TO FLY IT!

who was that who made the great yf-19 for fs2002?

lets get him to do it.

if he doesnt lets starve him and beat him until he does!!!!!j/k

J.J. :rolleyes:

I don't need to say how amazingly perfect this is - but your photography is excellent too! I wish I had a few photo lights handy - a camera flash just ruins the true colours.

And I appreciate how time consuming and soul-destroying painting a camo is. Did you go into a trance-like state at times while applying the hex scheme? :D

I don't need to say how amazingly perfect this is - but your photography is excellent too! I wish I had a few photo lights handy - a camera flash just ruins the true colours.

And I appreciate how time consuming and soul-destroying painting a camo is. Did you go into a trance-like state at times while applying the hex scheme?  :D

haha thanks! but no elaborate setup, no special lighting, just 2x 40watt incandescent bulbs placed on each side. Try to position the lights to eliminate as much shadows as possible. I guess the more number of lights you use, the better.

The background is just a sheet of white bristo(sp?) board, taped to the back wall and curled down to the desk.

My digital camera is really low end, a canon A10. Turn flash off, macros on and the proper light (incandescent) setting. I have a large flash card so I take a lot of pics and choose the best ones.

Monster hexagons attacked me nightly in my nightmares... :blink::blink:

Edited by Jung

Felix,

It's great to see you're still around, even if it's only every now and then!

I'm glad that I got to meet you that one time and hang out, even if it was only for a short amount of time. ;)

If you have time, please respond to the PM and e-mail I sent you a while back.

Due credit to the first MW member to make a hexagon pattern camouflage custom, and I still regret giving you the 1/55 you made for me.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))