Macross World

Jan. 5 2001 YF-19 Fast Pack Set scheduled for release!  VF-11 Release Delayed!

The Valkyrie Exchange is excited to announce that Yamato Japan has confirmed that a YF-19  Fast Pack Valkyrie Set is planned for release in Fall 2001.  While details are somewhat sketchy at this point and no prototype pictures are available, Yamato did explain that this set will include the modified YF-19 "Alpha One" and over 20 pieces of armour!  No confirmation has been made on whether the color scheme will be changed for this set, however, it is confirmed that the YF-19 will be retooled to attach the armour pieces. 

On a similar note, ToyboxDx has named the YF-19 "TOY of the YEAR!"  For more information, visit ToyboxDx.

Also in the news, the VF-11 "Thunderbolt" release date has been pushed back until late February or early March 2001.  No official comments were made about the delay.

:lol::lol::lol:

YF-21 News

Yamato is not a company to rest on its laurels and from talking with their staff, I got the impression that they are obsessed with quality and getting their product right even if it takes multiple versions to do so. This quest for excellence is already evident in the huge jump in quality, and accuracy of the YF-21 compared to the YF-19.

I found out during my visit to Yamato's office that a planned version 2 of the already excellent YF-21 is being considered. This is not because there have been any complaints about the first version of the YF-21, but just because Yamato have recently thought of ways to improve the toy and want to get the best possible product to the fans.

I was allowed to see prototypes of the next generation YF-21 which featured some of the planned improvements, which are:

1. Changing the ankle joints from the present ratcheted joints to ball and socked joints to allow greater possibility. This will allow the feet to stay flat on the ground when the legs are spread wide apart, something which is not possible with the version 1 toy.

2. Making the panel lines a little thinner to improve the appearance.

3. Redesign the landing gear slightly to improve the appearance.

4. The most important change, at least in my opinion is a slight modification in the way the legs are stored in fighter mode. On the version 2 toy the legs will lay flat on their side in the leg bay. This modification will make the legs less visible and the YF-21 will look a little sleeker when viewed side-on in fighter mode.

5. As a few fans have commented that in battroid mode the engines are positioned a little bit too low, Yamato are changing the design so that in battroid mode the engines sit a little higher up.

6. Making it easier for the rear of the upper fuselage section to join to the front of the engine section in fighter mode. With the version # 1 it is very difficult to get these two sections to click together so they both lay at the same level.

Didn't know they were planning a ver.2 VF-21 back then, like the ver.2 -19.

#6 still saw no improvement, while the others carried over to the FP version. Though they also still managed to get the backpack wrong and somehow decided it was a good idea to make the valk purple.

Kind of :lol: part <_<

Yamato is not a company to rest on its laurels
:lol:

How times change.

Edited by Anubis

YF-21 News

Yamato is not a company to rest on its laurels and from talking with their staff, I got the impression that they are obsessed with quality and getting their product right even if it takes multiple versions to do so. This quest for excellence is already evident in the huge jump in quality, and accuracy of the YF-21 compared to the YF-19.

I found out during my visit to Yamato's office that a planned version 2 of the already excellent YF-21 is being considered. This is not because there have been any complaints about the first version of the YF-21, but just because Yamato have recently thought of ways to improve the toy and want to get the best possible product to the fans.

I was allowed to see prototypes of the next generation YF-21 which featured some of the planned improvements, which are:

1. Changing the ankle joints from the present ratcheted joints to ball and socked joints to allow greater possibility. This will allow the feet to stay flat on the ground when the legs are spread wide apart, something which is not possible with the version 1 toy.

2. Making the panel lines a little thinner to improve the appearance.

3. Redesign the landing gear slightly to improve the appearance.

4. The most important change, at least in my opinion is a slight modification in the way the legs are stored in fighter mode. On the version 2 toy the legs will lay flat on their side in the leg bay. This modification will make the legs less visible and the YF-21 will look a little sleeker when viewed side-on in fighter mode.

5. As a few fans have commented that in battroid mode the engines are positioned a little bit too low, Yamato are changing the design so that in battroid mode the engines sit a little higher up.

6. Making it easier for the rear of the upper fuselage section to join to the front of the engine section in fighter mode. With the version # 1 it is very difficult to get these two sections to click together so they both lay at the same level.

Didn't know they were planning a ver.2 VF-21 back then, like the ver.2 -19.

#6 still saw no improvement, while the others carried over to the FP version. Though they also still managed to get the backpack wrong and somehow decided it was a good idea to make the valk purple.

Kind of :lol: part <_<

Yamato is not a company to rest on its laurels
:lol:

How times change.

Indeed.

good stuff. B))

I wasn't around in the VERY early days, but long enough to remember a different time for this community...

[song] Thanks for the memories [/song] :lol:

I remember even before the Ikon implementation... I posted under different names every time I posted.

That's creepy. Were you also the guy sitting in your car outside my house last night? :p

LOL, Back in those days there wasn't a cookie to remember what the hell I named myself the time before, on top of that I lived in a fraternity house and only had time to log in once a month or so.

And yes, I WAS parked outside your house last night.

LOL, Back in those days there wasn't a cookie to remember what the hell I named myself the time before, on top of that I lived in a fraternity house and only had time to log in once a month or so.

And yes, I WAS parked outside your house last night.

... eyeing your doorknob lovingly...

Vostok 7

reminds me of the days of that mysterious company..sun something or other. whatever happened to that supposed US arm of yamato?!

Sunwards. I remember the Strike 1/60 pics being up there.

www.sunwards.jp

It is of course, no longer there...unless you look at the archived pages. ;)

Edited by Gaijin