New Binaltech TF

MSW

I gave my new Watcom tablet a workout in Painter 8 (both the drawing and coloring) :p ... Not great by anymeans, still trying to master this thing :rolleyes:

Anyway... here is my interpretation of Binaltech Blurr :D

A Suzuki GSXR-1000 (bike mode image swiped from Suzuki's own website) robot mode inspired in part by Arcee ...but I named her Blurr (almost went with Gixxer ;) ) Transformation isn't too complex, and basicly a 1/24 scale toy could be produced without too much trouble (but 1/12 would be better) ... Hasbro/Takara are you listening? :D

post-26-1081115305_thumb.jpg

Dude! That looks sweet. Deffinately looks feminine. I could easily see her painted pink, and called Arcee. Nice work.

I can't draw straight into the computer. I've tried it before on my old tablet, but I just miss the feel of pencil on paper. So I just do clean up and coloring on the comp.

I'm getting ready to try building my own Alternator out of a 68 Firebird model. I couldn't find an 02 Trans Am model (they were never made) so I decided to go for the irony of a muscle car that turns into a robot.

I think it would take care of a lot of the smaller Gen 1 (or similar) Transformers (i.e. Gears, Wheelie, Cliffjumper, or Arcee). It'd be nice if they could be sold as a two pack.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Would Wheelie be a dirtbike? ;)

Me thinks I should have modeled her on the Honda RC51 and named her Arcee :D

Thanks for the comments...Virtual-On is one of my many influences, but wasn't exactly intentional...actually got the idea while doddleing away on my Motoslave modeling project...

I would have modeled her on the Yahmaha R-6, but thats my baby, and she is perfect the way she is...maybe an R-1 though, cause there are some model kits of that bike :idea:

Anyway here is a real rough and very quickly done transformation schematic on Blurr...basicly, looking at the bike, the big frame section that runs from the hand grips down and back to the rear wheel...this is sorta the divideing line, the legs are above it, the head and arms below it...it's prolly not to clear in the image but the body work (forming the shoulder armor and back of head "hair") and front wheel pulls forward slightly then rotates 180deg around in the center section of images...Kinda strange that her head and butt are touching in bike mode :p ... I drew up a quick fott parts detail there to show how that all works...basicly the front section of the foot rotates around 180deg...then the whol foot rotates 180deg...then the ankle folds the foot up into the back of the tail section of the bike...basickly the heal part is the license plate bracket and tail light on the bike, with the toe section haveing the turnsignal light and the rest hidden under the tail section...makes sense?

here you go, sorry it's so sloppy...done real quick with the watcom :p

post-26-1081138930_thumb.jpg

That's a damn fine design.

I generally shake my head and sigh whenever some idjit shows off their fan made Transformerm but this is pretty freekin' sweet. I could seriously see this. I have to agree, though, it looks very feminine, which would not do for Blurr, but would be perfect for Arcee. There's actually an Arcee toy that's a motorcycle, in the Energon line. Doesn't look too shabby for an Energon toy, but this just blows it out of the water and would make an excellent Alternator's design.