Macross Zero

Impreszive

I see a tendency to always put something like Macross 7 sucks not matter what the discussion is about... 

Someone has to spread the gospel...and warn others.

But back to M0...I watched the first two episodes and just wasn't excited enough to download the third.

I don't really find any of the characters compelling

The story looks like it is getting to mystical for me (and I am one of those that seperates my mystical entertainment from my mecha entertainment [unless it's Evangelion, which was pretty up front about its unearthly elements]).

The mecha really do nothing for me (especially the SV-51, looks like a valkyrie addicted to heroin).

The action is nice occasionally, but it's almost too busy and quick. The F-14/Mig-29 fight in ep1 seemed particularly unbelievable. It's fine to have make-believe stuff do the outrageous, but when you use planes we actually have now, keep it realistic.

And, uh...well that's pretty much why it hasn't got its claws into me.

not to continue derailing the thread, but i am rewatching m7 again for the fourth time! This show is just so much fun and never gets old! I think it's mainly due to mylene and her voice actress. Tomo Sakurai has such a kawaii voice and gives the character so much adrenaline and pep! Mac7 fo LYFE! :p

I need to fond a way to finish M7. i never got to the end parts where Max and Millia ride again. I was upset when I heard that's what happened, as they were my favorite characters.

I always thought Max should have never accepted a promotion to Captain a ship. He was a fighter pilot gosh dern it.

I'm 10 eps into macross 7 and I like it a lot. Its better than macross II. I think the animation could be better but I like the music and the story so far is tolerable.

Personally. I'm enjoying it more than I'm enjoying the first 3 eps of Macross Zero. The little purple haired girl is the only interesting character in zero.

I'm loving the animation in Zero, but I could take or leave most of the characters. The action scenes are very well done, but I find some of the "mystical" parts a little boring. Overall it has been entertaining to me.

Like some people I probably still like Mac Plus better overall...

I'm loving the animation in Zero, but I could take or leave most of the characters.  The action scenes are very well done, but I find some of the "mystical" parts a little boring.  Overall it has been entertaining to me.

My feelings exactly.....I think once all 5 eps have been released and I can watch the whole OVA in one sitting, I'll enjoy it a lot more.

In Ep 34, right before Kaifun Left Minmay, he says "When your songs have a kindness that projects concern about people's feelings, then you will be a real singer."

In Ep 36, Misa asks "Minmay, who on earth do you sing for? We fight for the same reason you sing your songs."

I'd say the power of emotions and conviction in song was always a major theme of Macross...

vinnie

In Ep 34, right before Kaifun Left Minmay, he says "When your songs have a kindness that projects concern about people's feelings, then you will be a real singer."

In Ep 36, Misa asks "Minmay, who on earth do you sing for? We fight for the same reason you sing your songs."

I'd say the power of emotions and conviction in song was always a major theme of Macross...

vinnie

I think people (on both sides) have lost sight of what they're arguing about. Most people seem to think that Macross 7 is full of magic and mysticism. It doesn't look that way to me, but most people seem to have gotten in their heads that spiritua is some sort of mystical, magical power, and that by including it in Macross 7, they're rewriting history.

I've already stated my feelings on that, so I won't bother again.

Maybe we should make a separate thread about M7?

I was just wondering opinions on MZero. I think I got them all right.

There's already many threads on just that topic, and dozens more that were hijacked like this. It does relate, though, as it is people commenting on the introduction of what they felt were 'mystical' elements in M7 and seeing M0 support that idea.

I think they're way off base on both counts, though admittedly it's too early to tell with M0 as we don't know everything that's going on yet.

Well yeah, I understand Macross will always be Macross, but I think I understand the hatred of M7. Where I live; (Virginia, the craptacular state) no one like Macross at all. I was just curious of the opinions of others, since I think I am the only fan from the state of Virginia.

Why does M7 hijack so many postings anyways? Do all of you secretly like it alot? :D:D

Well yeah, I understand Macross will always be Macross, but I think I understand the hatred of M7. Where I live; (Virginia, the craptacular state) no one like Macross at all. I was just curious of the opinions of others, since I think I am the only fan from the state of Virginia.

Why does M7 hijack so many postings anyways? Do all of you secretly like it alot? :D:D

Don't worry of being the only one in Virginia when on a world wide scale you are one of many... (remind me of System Shock 2)

I do like Macross 7- Totsugeki Love Heart!

:huh: Any way what was the topic about?

Oh yeah Macross Zero...

Could it be possible that the Mayan Island was one of the test or product labs where the Protoculture experiment/design the human race? and the Aphos is some kind of all powerful alien thing like the Protodeviln... Macross 7 pops up again

Impreszive Posted on Apr 21 2004, 01:25 PM

I think the final question is what will happen to the island post Zero. I wonder if it was obliterated in the planetary bombardment?

I kinda want to know, too! But at least we can infer that it's gonna be a barren waste after that bombardment.

Edited by connor99

Impreszive Posted on Apr 21 2004, 01:25 PM

I think the final question is what will happen to the island post Zero. I wonder if it was obliterated in the planetary bombardment?

I kinda want to know, too! But at least we can infer that it's gonna be a barren waste after that bombardment.

My guess is that it's the island that shows up in 'DYRL?'.

:unsure: you mean the Protoculture city? No way...

Why not? It makes sense. When Shin and Mao are underwater you can even see shapes in the backgrounds that look a lot like the Protoculture city.

It´s possible too that given the fact that the Protoculture came to Earth they didn´t exactly just stay on Mayan as the only research place hence there could be a lot of other islands or places with protoculture technology on them.

So both Mayan and the protoculture city could be two different research stations from dozens of other places the Protoculture put their feet on and influenced.

There could be Protoculture cities on Jamaica , Japan , Africa or whatever other place they liked and DYRL´s Protoculture city and Mayan could be just another one of those, they don´t have to be the only places they went to specially considering the relevance of what the PC came to do here.

Edited by Aegis!

Oh, I don't disagree with that at all. It's all just possibilities though. I'm just thinking that sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer. Still, we'll see. Or maybe we won't. I can't wait, either way.

Well you have to remember that the island in DYRL was underwater and it raised after the attack of the Zentradi.

I think that in Macross Zero it shows pretty much like linking that evolution of every creature on Earth was part of Protoculture experiments and that all of Earth's ancient cultures had some connection to the protocultures in their spiritual traditions, like the Pyramids in Egypt, Stonehenge in England, the Statues in Easter Island, the Aztecs Pyramids and the Inca ruins of Peru... pretty much every things that some people believes they were made by aliens...

I think the ruins shown there they are just like those, temples made by the ancient habitants of the Island.

What I would like to know is if they were destroyed in the battle at the end of episode 1 / beginning of episode 2 as in the Hasford/Sara flashback in episode 3 the area looks like a temple of some sort but when Sara is singing there it looks like a bunch of ruins.