Custom Hikaru VF-1S

Kurt

I'm back to show you my next commissioned custom. I have completely customed a 1/48 VF-1S. This is entirely re-painted. This is actually first of three DYRL VF-1S that I am doing. They will include the Hikaru you see here and a Max and Roy. The Max is just about finished, just have the head to complete. And the Roy is well along in the painting process. And yes, there will be fast packs for them. I wanted to complete the valks first to insure the masking for all the black was consistant. I will then work on all three fast pack sets together. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

post-4-1080428208_thumb.jpg

Dayaam! B)):p:D

Excellent work Kurt.....you make my VF-1S look pale by comparison. The wash and great stickers really make a BIG difference. Now it looks more model than toy.

Beautiful custom!

I love the weathering, it's nice to see a valkyrie that doesn't look minty fresh, or have obvious panel lines.

Can you tell us who the lucky customer is?

I can't wait to see what you do with the fast packs. ;)

So *that* is what Gene and you had up your sleeves when you ordered the DYRL decal sets. I was wondering if you were doing a full repaint or just adding details. Nice work! The fully armored trio is going to be one heck of a sight to behold....

Is there an LED in the visor? If so, where did you hide the wiring? I was planning on that same mod to my Hikaru.

No LED was added. This is just a reflection. Interesting idea though.

No it' isn't... don't do it Kurt!:p

It's funny how the 1/48 eyes glow better than the MPC's. No batteries required. At least the whole head doesn't light up. The red sensor on the gunpod reflects quite nicely also on the 1/48s.