List your most disappointing toys

Guppy

Very cool topic guys..

Let's see, crappy toys? Well my first Valk purchase was an MPC VF-1J, paid 160 CND for it. I must say it did not meet my expectations at all, but at the time it was the only Valk i could get my hands on... And I REALLY wanted a Valkyrie toy on my shelf at home.

After getting all my Yamatos, my MPC's sit in their boxes stored away.

Crap : Welly's DeLoreans (back to the future series) No windows on the doors, though the sculpt is very acurate the overall quality is not great. To be fair though, they aren't expensive.

I prefer my Deloreans (BTTF) from Sunstar in the 1:18 scale. Very cool toys :)

banpresto valks. falls apart too easily. difficult to pose. luckily manage to sell them all away.

Hey, no fair! Guppy said "No Banprestos" 'cause we all knew they were crap from day one. :lol:

sorry. my bad. guess i had a bad habit of not reading lengthy (anything more than 1 paragraph) post. But i really had high expectation for the banpresto valks before I bought them. Coz of HLJ's comment.

Next would be my Bandai's Valks. Not as good as I expect them to be also.

To the Kaiyodo-bashing: I own the Cypher, Temjin and EVA-01 figures and have never had any problems as to the figure's quality. Both of the VO-OT figs have been damaged (one severely), but this was due to small "model seeking" sibling projectile weapons.

My PG EVA-01 was somewhat disapointing. Other than that, I don't have much trouble with my figs.

I'd have to go with the current and only toy-incarnation of the YF-21 from Yamato. I wish they could've modeled the toy in the same manner as the D'Stance YF-21, as that design was true to the sleekest and, in my opinion, the most beautiful Valkyrie ever. Yamato's version redefines the Chunky Monkey moniker.

As for the 'Chevy bashing, I hate to agree but I must-my '97 Z28 convertible has been nothing but trouble since I brought it home. I hope that GM's American "REvoloution" promotion means that they've revoloutionized their quality control also.......

HCM Z Gundam - Thought it was really cool when saw it about a decade ago when start collecting Jap. toys. Cost me like $50+(which was quite a bit for me back then). Turned out its a blocky brick, and the transformation is not so cool. Without as much knowledge about toy collectingback then, I still couldn't find much redeemable qualities in it. If I remember correctly, it has been sitting in the box in my room for at least a decade now without seeing the light even once after I put it away.

I agree that would be my #1. I had high hopes for this one.

2. MPC Rick

3. Gakken Stick Ride armor

4. Gakken 1/72 Alpha

5. Any Armada or Energon figure.

6. One of my Yamato 1/60 VF-1J Hikarus. It will not stand for any thing. :angry:

:o Funny thing about the Yammie 11B. I bought mine used and have transformed it about 100 times and nothing broke. Granted the only reason I did this is that I preemtively bought one of jesse's recast hips for it. But I have as of yet to break the hip. Go figure!

To be quite honest, I was quite disappointed with the Yammie 1/60 I bought (the Max type) a couple of years ago.

Granted, it looks a helluva lot better than the Chunky Monkey, the detachable legs I could stand, but the poseability is not quite what I expected. You can't rotate the arms much in battroid mode. And the hip joints can get FLOPPY. And Gerwalk feels unstable.

After having read the praises of Graham at the time the 1/60 came out, I felt underwhelmed by the toy when I finally received it. It's much more of a display model than a toy, but that's not a secret for anybody.

Bandai's FF VII figures. They felt so...flimsy.

The US versions were. I had the import Japanese and the US versions. There were noticeable differences. For example: the import version of Cloud's sword was hard and pointy...the US version the sword was soft and bendy. Same goes for Aerith's staff. The Japanese version, the staff was hard plastic. The US version was soft, rubbery. The US figures themselves were softer and fell apart easier.

Do those figures still sell high on ebay? I sold a Sephiroth figure for almost 70.00 and Red XIII for almost 50.00 a few years ago.

Edited by dejr8bud

-1/48 VF1s

-Yammie Qrau- as a fan of the design... I can honestly say, this is nothing to look at.

-KS ZZ Gundam (can't even hold the damn gun. Bandai really needs to learn how to panel line plastic and not make it look like ass)

-GFF AUEG Gundam MKII (I swear, who every designed the armor, was drunk)

-Plastic Zeta Models (as loose as they can get)

-1/72 YF21 (no reason to go beyond the fact that is plain bad)

-Real armor Saint Seiya (a couple more months, and the Seiya figure won't even stand on its own anymore)

-Aoshima Mazinkaiser (love the figure, but the Shin Getta figure had a fair amount of articulation, the Mazinkaiser has none)

-PG Gundam MKII (once, I cursed the PG Wing metal frame, but after building this POS, there no way I'm ever buying a PG without full metal frame)

-Drakengard- yet another one of Squares "gems". <_<

-Nintendo 64- if I had known that Nintendo would release the N64 Zeldas on the Game Cube, I would've skipped this POS system

-Soul Reaver 2- they stripped the sequel of everything that made the original fun. I swear, ppl should be shot for releasing action RPGs without cool boss battles.

-Mega Man Network Transmission- I'm still waiting for Capcom to release a decent Mega Man game ever since Megaman 2/3 came out. <_<

That bad? I guess I'll wait until its 19.99 or lower lol

Imagine Dynasty Warriors.... now strip it of everything that makes the series even remotely fun, now add Panzer Dragoon to the mix, but strip it of everything that made it remotely fun. Now add Evangelion to it, but strip its story of any coherence (as if it was really necessary).

Now, put all that in a game engine that would be a shame to look at even 10 years ago, along with stiff gameplay, bad voice acting and fighting the same enemies over and over again.... and you get Drakengard.

But what pisses me off so much... is that Square, that can compose master pieces of music like Chrono Cross and FFX OST... managed to produce quite possibily the worst sound track of any game to date. The game has 3 songs, 1 for the intro, 1 for all the lvs, and 1 for menu. <_<

That bad? I guess I'll wait until its 19.99 or lower lol

Imagine Dynasty Warriors.... now strip it of everything that makes the series even remotely fun, now add Panzer Dragoon to the mix, but strip it of everything that made it remotely fun. Now add Evangelion to it, but strip its story of any coherence (as if it was really necessary).

Now, put all that in a game engine that would be a shame to look at even 10 years ago, along with stiff gameplay, bad voice acting and fighting the same enemies over and over again.... and you get Drakengard.

But what pisses me off so much... is that Square, that can compose master pieces of music like Chrono Cross and FFX OST... managed to produce quite possibily the worst sound track of any game to date. The game has 3 songs, 1 for the intro, 1 for all the lvs, and 1 for menu. <_<

Oh well that's more money for Samurai Warriors then. I'll get Drakengard when its cheap then.

Yamato VF-11B.

<_<

I loved mine. :lol: Had it for like a year and transformed it plenty of times and it never broke. I sold it though so I didn't have to worry about it :lol:

Too bad the VF-11B FP was a total dissappointment <_< They could have at least enlarged the damn tailfins.

Vostok 7

MMM Turn A Gundam---Yeah, its got titanium but why couldn't Bandai use it for the damned shoulders!?!?! The only toy I'm afraid to touch or even look at....

-1/48 VF1s

OMG! So I'm not the only one?

You must have the other piece to this amulet?

*holds up half-completed amulet*

;)

The VF1J was pretty nice, but not nice enough to warrant the money spent on it.

The others? They were not good. I was specially pissed at how bad they screwed up my beloved VF1S. And those hands... ugh. And how cheap they feel.... double ugh. <_<

Yamato VF-11B.

<_<

I loved mine. :lol: Had it for like a year and transformed it plenty of times and it never broke. I sold it though so I didn't have to worry about it :lol:

Too bad the VF-11B FP was a total dissappointment <_< They could have at least enlarged the damn tailfins.

Vostok 7

Me too, then the damn thing broke right outta the box.

I've got one that still is in tip top shape, but its still disappointing.

Transformers

Hotshot : i bought this out of curiosity i probably will never do again. Robot and vehicle mode look like aborted playschool gobots plus his helicopter on his ass gimmick is lame

Thrust plane mode is half decent vut robot mode and gimmick suck balls . What is with hasbro and lack of hand bots?

Dragon wings warbirds F-16 from another topic this mould is pretty well detailed but putting ordanance onto the thing is one frustrating nightmare . The instructions don't tell you sh*t and i think my one has a floppy tailfin BTW aren't Dragon models 1/2 owned by yamato?

i) studio halfeye shin getter 1.

ii)my beast wars collection (can't unload them for beans and i have too many of them that were bought on impluse)

iii) my medicom gatchaman 1/6 paid a fortune for them then it got reissued now i'm bored of them. you can't even pose these things.

iv)my goranger red & blue 1/6 same reason.

v) the selected few mcfarlane toys i did buy. they always look very good but once it falls off a shelf there's alway a piece that needs to be glued back on.

i) studio halfeye shin getter 1.

ii)my beast wars collection (can't unload them for beans and i have too many of them that were bought on impluse)

iii) my medicom gatchaman 1/6 paid a fortune for them then it got reissued now i'm bored of them. you can't even pose these things.

iv)my goranger red & blue 1/6 same reason.

v) the selected few mcfarlane toys i did buy. they always look very good but once it falls off a shelf there's alway a piece that needs to be glued back on.

Hey if ya don't want your SHE Shin Getter I'll take it off your hands :p