List the most ugliest Transformer toys out there?

This thread is why I love Macross so much. Kawamori-san just stuck with jet planes (my favorite vehicles) and really thought about how an F-14 could transform and still look like a cool robot. Something which translated into a cool toy even with the chunky monkeys. It seems with the G1 TF's, the designers were like, "Let's start out with the vehicle, and just try to get something that resembles a robot out of this thing." I'm glad that Takatoku, and later Bandai, didn't go cheap on designing the toys. Sure, they aren't lineart perfect transforming toys, but they got pretty close, and the toys still kicked ass! And now we have Yamato taking the designs further!

<_<

nautilator1.jpgnautilator2.jpg

And just how exactly is Lobster boy supposed to move around in his robot mode.....hop? :p

Graham

Hey graham,

ROFLMAO, you really make my day, almost got choke by the gum that i was chewing. Lobster boy...haha. Alot of TFs that were manufactured in the olden days lack the articulation and details that the present line presents. But hey i still love them all expecially G1, Masterforce and Victory series and not forgetting Macross cos they were a part of my childhood. ;)

Cheers

The ugliest bits of these transformers arent just the front (tho the front is butt ass fugly). Have you seen the back? All the fugly messes of wheels and door handles and what not just lumped into a big ass hump or junk at the back.

Dangit my office ring file can become a transformer if I just painted robot hands on the inside cover and a crab on the outside cover....

Ugliest TF ever: Energon Prime!

Runners up:

A lot of the initial Energon Stuff at the deluxe level & above (firetruck, SUV, Jetfire)

G1 Wheeljack

G1 Omega Supreme

G1 Skylinx

90% All the G1 mini-cars

The thing that got me into Transformers was the concept of vehicles that changed into robots. I had quite a few of the pre-movie toys, but my collecting slacked off around the time of the movie and had all but stopped by the time of the Head Masters. As time went on and new TF lines came and went, I realized that the ones that caught my eye were the realistic looking vehicles. I liked some of G2, RiD and now BT/Alternators. Most the others don't appeal to me.

• 3 weeks later...
<_<

nautilator1.jpgnautilator2.jpg

And just how exactly is Lobster boy supposed to move around in his robot mode.....hop? :p

Graham

Hey graham,

ROFLMAO, you really make my day, almost got choke by the gum that i was chewing. Lobster boy...haha. Alot of TFs that were manufactured in the olden days lack the articulation and details that the present line presents. But hey i still love them all expecially G1, Masterforce and Victory series and not forgetting Macross cos they were a part of my childhood. ;)

Cheers

The conbined Pirranacon wasn't bad though.

Besides, the squid one of the 6 Seacons was uglier.

Edited by Anubis

Kawamori-san just stuck with jet planes (my favorite vehicles) and really thought about how an F-14 could transform and still look like a cool robot.

I thought it was the other way around. Didn't Kawamori start with Battroid and then it was just sort of coincidence that the plane looked a lot like an F-14. I thought that's what Egan Loo said at MW con 3.

This is one ugly Gestalt :unsure:

landcross29.jpg

I kinda loved Landcross! It has 6 mini robots which can be interchanged with each other to form 3 medium robots. (probably what spawned Superlink....) And then it formed into a big Gestalt. What's there not to like about it? It looks decent even.

Another ok gestalt would be....Leo something...the one with 3 jets and 3 land vehicles with chests that transform into an animal or a gun.

Note: I think I regretted not getting the giant Cheetor when it was around. It looks pretty good now thatI think about it.

You know why the later TFs were so simplistic and clunky? Because the more detailed and complicated Diaclone/Microman toys BROKE in most kid's hands. The things are so fragile some G1 fans consider the Diaclone line as a toy line that was never really meant to actually be played with!

And the sculpting and technology back in the late 80s really didn't allow for these kinds of oversights to be fixed, so they simplfied the toys down. Thankfully later on the new G2 toys managed to begin the path of being an improvement over the Diaclone stuff, with massive poseability and stability.

As to that "article" comparing Jetstorm to the Yamato 19? Utter rubbish. The Yamatos cost what, 70 dollars US? And how many problems do every single first line Yamato Valk have? Yeah, they are complex and have nice sculpts. But they are overly fragile failures of toy design. Basically they are to transforming toy robots what the McFarlane toys are to action figures. Designed for adults to look at, but never designed to actually be handled or played with. Cept at least the McFarlane stuff doesn't cost 70 bucks plus..

And I have 4 Yamato Valks. None of them I am happy with, and the normal sized VF-1A DYRL was the last one I bought. I felt like I wasted money on all of them, and I almost never even touch them, especially the 11. Diecast doesn't impress me, and I keep worrying the things will break apart in my hands. Transformers I keep buying and am usually quite happy and satisfied with my purchases outside a few stinkers.

Edited by Bloodcat

They all lick a dead dogs ass...

However the worst one I ever owned was Megaplex. Or at least I think that was his name. A big ungly out of scale base that transformed into a big plastic garbage can.

This is one ugly Gestalt  :unsure:

landcross29.jpg

I kinda loved Landcross! It has 6 mini robots which can be interchanged with each other to form 3 medium robots. (probably what spawned Superlink....) And then it formed into a big Gestalt. What's there not to like about it? It looks decent even.

Another ok gestalt would be....Leo something...the one with 3 jets and 3 land vehicles with chests that transform into an animal or a gun.

Note: I think I regretted not getting the giant Cheetor when it was around. It looks pretty good now thatI think about it.

Looks too happy to be a warrior robot :blink: and the gay pride colors are cheesy as hell....yuck :huh:

Edited by SupremeKaioshin

Who the heck is that Kicker dude? Agentone, don't diss Metroplex. He pwnz j00! And in transformers, scale is the last thing you should complain about....they are ALL out of scale.

Kicker looks like a Valkyrie pilot engulfed by an alien symbiote ala Venom from the Spider-Man story line.

And that over sized sword? Sheeez...couldn't they just give him a laser pistol instead? Who does he think he is? Grimlock with an Energo sword?

r_kicker020.jpg

Why has no one stepped on him yet?

Where is Devastator when you need him?

BTW: Sparkplug, Spike, Carli, and Daniel.

Kicker doesn't count as 1) he's a human, and 2) he doesn't transform.

he transforms from casual kicker to battlesuit kicker just like how my old car transformed from a vehicle to a junkyard decoration the moment the rsx ran into it

Kicker is one of the current Microman toys just under the TF banner. And that sword SHOULD be that big. Considering its a simplified version of the Energon Saber that the regular TFs can carry.

But I guess that doesn't matter because Macrossworld seems obsessed with Transformers bashing. (Sorta like Toybox DX actually.)

Its REALLY irritating. It would be moreso, but considering how many fans of Transformers there are and how long Transformers has survived, I can't help but think its jealousy and a sad attempt at being "cool" at certain places to bash TFs.

If ya don't like Transformers that's fine. But bashing on em constantly isn't very good. You don't see threads on many TF forums making fun of Macross, Gundam, or other Japanese mecha. You don't see it on Battletech forums either.

Its as if Macrossworld's forum has gotten tired of bashing on Harmony Gold (because most everyone else doesn't care even if they agree HG has done wrong..) so they have decided Transformers is next up to get the hate.

Im trying hard not to let this kinda stuff get to me folks.. trying DAMN hard. It aint workin very well. And im tired of leaving this place pissed off for 6 months plus at a time, only to come back for 3, to leave again for almost the exact same reasons. Its depressing...

If you get that pissed that people don't like things that you happen to like...then you're going to have a shitty life. So what if everyone here things TFs suck, why should that get to you? Is your enjoyment of them in any way lessened by that? I should hope not.

its not that TFs r bad toys, they just seem to enjoy making them ugly with neon colors, clear parts all over, giant weapons that pop into random holes and detailing every square milimeter of the things, if they were just simplified they would be so much better, alot of them have good transformations, and designs but they add so much unneeded detail, like that galaxy defender VF-1S excpet that the transformers have 2 or 3x more stuff etched onto them

I feel kind of lost in the online world when it comes to Transformers. I will not sign up to any of the TF forums because the majority of the members seem to be either 12 years old or too blindly devoted to TFs in general. On the other hand it's hard to have discussions about TFs on other forums because of the negativity and hostility towards the shows and toys. It would be nice to have a sort of happy medium somewhere. I'm all for criticism of the toys and the series, but only if it's constructive. Weeding through all the inane posts where people are doing nothing bust bashing and name calling gets very tiresome.

my critisism has be said and some constructive advice would be for hasbro to use the techniques they did to make the beastwars transformers, its hard to make an animal transform into a robot and look good but a vechile is another story and the beastwars all had good poseability due to the abundance of ball joints