what's mikimoto been up to lately.

Let's see, I don't know of any 'new' projects of his but I'm sure he's working on some cover illustration for something. As for what he's been up too recently I know a good deal :) The biggest news was his Innocence artbook released at the end of 2003 after a ten year absence <_< This has a good summary of his career in the last decade although there are numerous pieces missing. He is currently working on Ecole du Ciel (school in the sky) which is based in the Gundam UC universe. It's running in Gundam Ace and the second compiled manga was released last year so I'd expect a 3rd sometime this year. The PS2 Macross game has a few new character designs, nothing major.

In the US, his (w/ Sukehiro Tomita the writer) manga Baby Birth was released through TokyoPop in late 03. It's a two volume set and an interesting read but nothing out of the ordinary. I'm seeing a very slow release of new ArtVivant prints although it's mostly older work touched up. I'd speculate we'll see new art for the second Yamato (or was it Yujin?) Macross figure set.

Edited by halfan

Dang, the last time I heard about him was when his new artbook, Innocense came out. You gotta pick up this book. It's beautiful!!! So so cool that I might end up buying another copy! :p:D:lol:

Does the Innocence book feature any new Mikimoto Macross character art or is it just reprint's of his older work that is already available in other books?

Graham

The Macross pictures from Innocence are not in my older Mikimoto books. They seem to be illustrations from magazine covers, video game ads/cases and CD covers.

• 5 years later...

Older thread, but seems to be the best place to put it. For the Mikimoto fans. Saw a new artbook from Mikimoto available on HLJ for the 30th anniversary of Gundam.

kdk54357box.jpg

HLJ

Edited by Bri

Tytania always seemed like it was on the verge of something great, storywise. It never got there, though, like the whole series was just a prologue. I didn't hate it, but I was disappointed. It felt like the first two episodes of LotGH stretched out into a full season. Too much fluff, not enough content. I think the people behind the show just never let the major events in the series (of which there were several) come off like they were big events. I guess it's more like the first story arch of LotGH with all the suspense and drama sucked dry. It's a show I very much want to like, but story-wise, it falls flat.

Also, didn't care much for the animation, 2D or 3D. LotGH was never about great animation, but made up for it with a very distinct look, and awesome story and characters.

Yes, please sign him back up Shoji.

Who knows maybe he's already got the Macross Megaroad (Hikaru, Misa, and Miku) "Return to Love" Gig.

We should live so long!! Macross "Megaroad 2012" has a nice ring to it!!