SMT Request

Myersjessee

So...I was thinking we shouldn't let this die, and we should give it another try. In my opinion LTSO had it right, we need to focus this discussion. So, the topic is simple, how many orders could we get to go to SMT with. Im going to suggest 3 possible models. If you would be interested in buying any of those 3, for the proposed pricing I am listing please respond. If you are not interested or want something else, please hold onto those thoughts for now.

1/48 FanRacer - $70

1/72 Valk Booster (Hase Compatible) -$50

1/72 Macross Zero Destroids - $110

If we can get the orders high enough I will ask LTSO to send them off for us again. (If he will ) The prices I am listing are complete guesses...but it always helps to see a number when signing up. Please do not sign up unless you are 80%sure or higher that you would buy.

First commitment, me. 1 of each. Who is next. I will tally totals by updating this post.

ORDERS

1/48 FanRacer - $70

Myersjessee (1)

Exo (1)

Neova (1)

Tristan Lindo (1)

Penguin (1)

1/72 Valk Booster (Hase Compatible) -$50

Myersjessee (2)

WMCheng (2)

007-VF1 (1)

ChirstopherB (1)

Neova (1)

to177 (2)

Tristan Lindo (2)

Penguin (1)

Noyhauser (1)

Grayson72 (1)

1/72 Macross Zero Destroids - $110

Myersjessee(1)

Grayson72 (1)

007-VF1 (1)

Major Tom (1)

ChristopherB (1)

Neova (3)

to177 (1)

Tristan Lindo (1)

dyowelb (1)

Penguin (1)

Edited by Myersjessee

1 Booster and 1 destroid all the way...

Just a note: Is it realistic on the booster price? Rob told us otherwise; since is bulky and somewhat heavy but not necesarily a lot of resin, it might still cost a lot more than $50

1 Booster and 1 destroid all the way...

Just a note: Is it realistic on the booster price? Rob told us otherwise; since is bulky and somewhat heavy but not necesarily a lot of resin, it might still cost a lot more than $50

perhaps not...but I am trying to base the price on scale...its a tiny amount of resin considering it's 1/72 scale (about 1/2 the size of a Hase...but hollow) Also, I would think easy to sculpt....if I am wrong so be it...but thats my guess. THe whole 1/48 Viper is only $80....which is a lot more pieces and sculpting (I would think) The AWing was like $60...

Hello,

It's been a while since I have posted here. Anyway, I would like to offer my 1:48 FanRacer for casting if anyone is interested. Or maybe just as a base model (don't know how accurate mine is).

http://www.geocities.com/amuroray00/Racer/

I was working on this over a year ago but I haven't touched it since. I was thinking of casting it myself, but I neither have the time or resources to do it. All the pics were taken last year. I have made some minor changes since those pics were taken, but it still needs some work. It needs a center console, the fan, landing gear(opt), panel lines, and a better canopy since my vacuuforming attempts were pathetic. If anyone is interested in casting this guy and building the missing parts, let me know. I would love to see it finished. All I ask is my prototype back when done.

Thanks,

-dp-

Hi Kakarot. I was just talking to Rohby about this. We were wondering about this project, it's been so long. I'm sure he's interested. Sent ya a PM!

Dude, I just saw your page... Where's the fan??? :lol:

Edited by >EXO<

Hello Jesse,

Thank you for taking this project up again. ;)

I'm definitely interested in the Macross Zero Destroid, those dual gatlin guns are sweet!

The valkyrie booster sounds cool too, but mainly the Destroid for me.

You can put me down for both though.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Scale Model Technologies (SMT) is a resin kit manufacturer. LTSO had soem luck talking to them about making Macross models (they are currently doing a 1/100 scale Monster) We were discussing going to them with a potential product and order (we will buy 25 of these if you make them) and see if they will get them.

Models are (proposed)

1/72 scale Macross 0 Destroid (above...will go nicely with our Hase VF0 )

1/48 Fan Racer (Hikaru's ride in ep1..nice scale and goes with the 1/48's )

1/72 VF Booster (for Hase's)

Booster.jpg

Are these guesstimate pricing? I would like to see more real world pricing before I firmly commit.

Put me down for a fan racer, a fold booster and 3 of those destroids.

Yess...they are complete guesstimates....Im simply trying to put a price point in, which we can report to SMT. If they say its going to be cheaper...great..going to be a lot more expensive..well then we can repoll. Im trying to base them on similar kits (size and complexity) the WF 1/72 Phalanx was like $120..thus the Destroid price. The Racer should be similar to the Viper SMT did...and the booster I am equating to the resin Viper launch rail for the studio scale kit...if I am way off...sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
That may be a bit premature

sure...but we are up to 9 boosters and Destroids...I don't know how many orders they would need..but I would think if we can get to 15-20 it might be worth their consideration..especially if the Monster does well... fingers crossed....I would love to see someone else get into the Macross design and original kit biz.

If you haven't put me down for one of the Boosters, Jessie from the last thread, then add me to this one (especially if it includes the launcher)

• 4 weeks later...