1/48 Fast pack pics and mini review

twinmoons

Thanks for the pics and the mini review. Are the Hayoa Kakizake decals really that dark green, or is it the lighting? I always thought Kakizake's plane had a light greenish/blue color, those decals look almost forrest green.

It's the terrible lighting sweatdrop.gif They're actually a lighter green than that.

Edited by twinmoons

Incredible. And my low-viz is wanting them too... though you're right, the color isn't quite right. And the FAST packs are still bluish? I see the pics but am curious on your impression of the color. Seemed like Yamato had changed to more of a "tv" color like on the 1/60 Hikaru Super VF-1J...

Incredible.  And my low-viz is wanting them too... though you're right, the color isn't quite right.  And the FAST packs are still bluish?  I see the pics but am curious on your impression of the color.  Seemed like Yamato had changed to more of a "tv" color like on the 1/60 Hikaru Super VF-1J...

Yep, the colors are bluish. In the color department, the Robotech MPC armor is much more closer to the tv colors, but that's a horse of a different color ;)

Here's a pic of the MPC armor for color comparison's sake:

armor26.jpg

Edited by twinmoons

Hey Twin

I see your having problems with the hatch not closing when the fastpacks are attached in fighter.

armor16.jpg

That hatch from the start when they issued the 1/48 vf-1s has been a lingering problem and I sure hope they fix it when they release the 1j and Hikaru's 1s.

Actually I forgot to attach the clip on that pic. For the fast packs, you pull out the clip and it attaches firmly to the backpack. You have to push the piece back down firmly too. I was in a bit of a rush taking the pics so missed the "push down" part ;)

Edited by twinmoons

I can see the QC hounds smelling the fresh blood from Yammie customers. :ph34r:

There's one already <_<

Anywhoo, I don't understand why some complain about the color of the FAST Packs not working too well with the Low Vis when we all know the FP's were released for the DYRL? variants. It just so happened that the Low Vis is FP-able. :wacko:

:angry::angry: Thanks for the pic and review man!

Hm, just curious, when converting from Strike to Super, are the lenght of the two booster the same? I mean, when looking on the Strike mode, the booster gun side seem to be a bit longer than the Super booster.

As for coloring, yeah it does seem a little bit bluish. But then again since it's based on DYL, why not. I haven't seen the DYL animation so I can't tell how much accurate the 1/48 FP when compare to the animation.

I know the Reissue Bandai Super Valk FP is pretty much close to its cartoon counterpart. I just wish the 1/48 FP was that color as well.

The booster gun IS longer than the booster pack.

I don't really see any QC problems with the FP's. What you saw in the pic with the piece being propped up is my fault not attaching the hook right.

I think the bluish colors work well with the other valks, and since they are based on DYRL I think they're pretty accurate.

Oh, and no, they are not weathered, so you'd have to get out the gundam markers ;)

Now if we ever get a 1/48 VF-1J Max and Millia, then these fastpacks obviously wouldn't work.

Edited by twinmoons

The booster gun IS longer than the booster pack.

I don't really see any QC problems with the FP's. What you saw in the pic with the piece being propped up is my fault not attaching the hook right.

:angry::angry: So in other word, when in Super mode, the tip of the boosters won't be even up as in the case of 1/55 Bandai Super Valk, right?

You got a snap shot of the Super mode?

Thanks man.

:angry::angry: So in other word, when in Super mode, the tip of the boosters won't be even up as in the case of 1/55 Bandai Super Valk, right?

You got a snap shot of the Super mode?

Thanks man.

Look closer at the pics. The extra length in the strike cannon comes from the gun itself, not the booster or the missile launcher. The pictures all along have shown the boosters are the same size and the missile launchers. Simple logic then would dictate that the packs are even in super configuration.

Thanks again Tamim, another set of great pics :D

Those Fast Packs look every bit as good as I could have hoped. Can't wait to get a hold of mine.

Also, thanks from me as well for the pics and mini-review, tamim.

Edited by Anubis

Schweet, thanks for the pics and review Tam! :blink:

Sweet pics!  Thanks for the review Graham...I mean Tamim!  :lol:

LOL. You're welcome! Now why would ya want to insult Graham like that?! :lol::p

LOL!!

THANKS man! I REALLY LOVE those FP!! I wonder when HLJ will ship mines. Hope soon.

I guess the 3 I ordered wont be enough. They are awsome.