Official VB-6 Koenig Monster Order Thread

ChristopherB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not really familiar with this type of kit, so could someone please give me an example of how this thing is to be completed? Is like a toy we put together ourselves? Do we need to paint it? Is it like a high end model? I'm kind border lined right now as to if I want one or not, so don't confirm me on the list. I just need to know more about it.

I'm not really familiar with this type of kit, so could someone please give me an example of how this thing is to be completed?

Heres a link to a similar type of kit. Its also a model kit and it uses screws to put it together.

Studio HalfEye VF-19

You can see from the link that it comes in a bunch of small model peices. If you look at the instructions, it'll give you an idea of how its put together.

Is like a toy we put together ourselves?

I guess you can look at it that way since some yamato toys are based of kits like this one. The advantages of a model is that it usually looks better since when toys are built, they need to keep durability in mind.

Do we need to paint it?

Yes. Ill include a picture with this post so you can see a built but unpainted version of this kit.

Is it like a high end model?

IMO, yes... its a very high end model. B))

I'm kind border lined right now as to if I want one or not, so don't confirm me on the list. I just need to know more about it.

Hope this answers most of your questions. If theres anything else just ask.

it's not a toy, it's a resin kit, and more , it's a transformable resin kit ....

:huh: we know that. :p:p i am still looking forward to seeing the completed painted version of the recast before i decide to buy it.

Oh CRAP! Now that means that I would have to pay someone to paint the damn thing for me (I suck at painting!). Wonder how much THAT will cost...

u might have to dish out a bit more to get it painted but imagine a transformable vb-6 monster with wmcheng-like weathering!!!

*drooooooooooooooool* :ph34r:

post-3-1097726942.jpg

+

Edited by AlphaHX

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Well after a few months hiatus from Macross i've finally decided that I've missed visiting this site!

I was a bit suprised to see the lack of updates on this project. Has this project fallen off the face of the world??? I know Yamato was planning on producing a full run on the Koenig Monster but I was hoping that this project would have continued. If we are dead in the water please give us an updated. Chris... Melissa... Angel's Fury... Anyone??? I'm sure everyone is wrapped up w/ the Holidays and I sure hope everyone that begain this amazing project is doing well. If you guys/gals have any news please let us know.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a great Holiday!!!

Gene :)

Hey Guys,

Well after a few months hiatus from Macross i've finally decided that I've missed visiting this site!

I was a bit suprised to see the lack of updates on this project. Has this project fallen off the face of the world??? I know Yamato was planning on producing a full run on the Koenig Monster but I was hoping that this project would have continued. If we are dead in the water please give us an updated. Chris... Melissa... Angel's Fury... Anyone??? I'm sure everyone is wrapped up w/ the Holidays and I sure hope everyone that begain this amazing project is doing well. If you guys/gals have any news please let us know.

Thanks and I hope everyone has a great Holiday!!!

Gene :)

Nothing so far Gene. Ken must be really busy, other than that, I have no clue.

Yep, sorry I haven't been around much, guys. Working retail around christmas really sucks :(

Having money once again is definitely nice (finally bought the milling machine I've had my eye on for the past year, even!), but having little free time really sucks.

I've been chiseling away at the Monster project, trying to finish making the molds, but it's been pretty slow going. But I'm probably going to be switching to part time in january, and that should give me the time I need to get things done at a much quicker pace.

After the Monster project is done, I'll be doing one more limited run recast project, and then I'm done for good. No more recasts from me. I'd rather be spending my free time scratchbuilding my own models ^_^

But more importantly, the whole ethics thing has been getting to me a lot lately. I had actually planned on the Monster being my final recast for a while now. But I got another project offer that I just couldn't refuse. I think you all will like it too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...