Q-Rau price

Jolly Rogers

I think the Q-Rau's price is...  

149 members have voted

1. 1. I think the Q-Rau's price is...

• Very cheap considering what you get
    • About right
    • Rather expensive for a non-transforming toy compared to the VF-1s

I voted for the price being on the high side... And I have to give it up to TwinMoons for haveing the sale price on it... (sorry Kev :( )

I got mine in the mail yesterday, and this thing kicks ass! All though the price was a bit high, I have to agree with what someone else said... "worth the sacrifice"

You just quoted someone saying that this toy can be had for $105 to support your argument. At least be consistent with your facts.

Also, we really don't know the details of manufacturing and marketing.

and at the other 1:60 that, while smaller, would probably cost a similar amount to produce)

Are you including the cost of design and tooling in that? Consider that based on market research (if any), Yamato probably doesn't expect to sell as many Q-Rau (all variants) as Valks (all variants). Which means the startup costs have to be amortized over a smaller number of units.

Last time I checked, $105 was more than $100.

Hayao posted that he saw that the Q-Rau was slated to cost a similar price to the 1:60 VF-1

considering that the Vf-1's had Die-cast metal with all the cost-increasing manufacturing problems that die-cast metal introduces, and that the VF-1 has a transformation scheme with all the design and development issues that also raise the price there... and considering that the VF-1 was released into a completely untested market (Yamato's first forray into Macross toys surely had to be MUCH scarier than their twentieth... ), the VF-1 surely had to cost at least as much to produce as the q-rau. The cost of the 1:60 VF-1 is justified. A similar price for the Q-rau would also have been justified, and according to Hayao's post, it looks like me getting a Q-rau for $80 was the ORIGINAL plan... the $100+ price tag (printed on the box) was added at the last minute because they KNOW (*cough/$60 fast pack sets/cough*) we would pay it.

but sure, maybe the smallness of the initial run of Q-raus is the whole reason for the ludicrous price. are you thinking that if the Q-rau proves to be a success at this price, and Yamato makes lots more, they would lower the price? HA!

everyone here who FEIRCELY defends the price of the Q-Rau is sending Yamato this message:

Americans will pay ten dollars per inch (regardless of quality). Q-Rau measures (made of all plastic) 12" at tippy top of her anttena... $120.

Release a 1:48 Macross plus valk (made of polystyrene) 18" long (or thereabouts) in fighter, and we'll pay $180

Release a 1:24 VF-1 (non-transforming, made of cardboard) 26" (approx.) in fighter, and (you guessed it) MWer's will be schooling me about the high cost of little companies making big toys from little licenses in defense of the $260 price tag.

P.S. I'm not saying that the above pricing scheme is what I think Yamato will actually do, but it is clearly the message we are sending with our wallets.

here is my observation about the yamato macross product price history:

since the 1/60 VF-1a release, I found something interesting is,

no shop at japan / HK sell yamato product at the official markup price--

except when the first release of 1/60 hikaru VF-1A.

when the ROY FOCKER/ max VF-1a prepare to release,

I can see the ad. on the HJ/ DH state that the shop markup the price at

6XXX YEN /5XXX YEN

than the VF-1J , the price is drop to 7xxx standard- even the product still haven't

release.

we can see these happen continue till now-- 1/48 VF and the Q-RAU also the same.

let us just concern the price on the "YEN"

don't think about the USD / HKD for a while

what's the story telling?

it seems the official markup price since the 1/60 VF-1a release just a Ideal of YAMATO,not the truth, yamato can adjust the price as they wish, so-

the official markup just the upper limit of the product, this make yamato have

a wide range to adjust the price for different situation,

such as once the product can't sell easily, or once the product become a best seller.

why I can get the Q-RAU at $8619 YEN ? & why the Q-Rau can selling at

the 9800 YEN standard in HK?

is that the shop at HK don't want to make money so they give a birthday present to me ? I guess not....

I think the truth is, Yamato know what price can sell in hong kong, so

they give what price to hK market-- and why they know that ?

that just the market history direct feedback to yamato.

so I can say, what the price we accept, that's what the price we get.

If one day ,we accept a 1/48 Vf-1 selling at 49800 yen, than yamato will

really going for that price, because we tell yamato "that's worth it".

so I can say, what the price  we accept, that's what the price we get.

This is exactly why some U.S. MWers "beat the dead horse" about the high price of the Q-Rau. Personally, I defend my postion that it is overpriced repeatedly because I hope that some others will be influenced to send a message to Yamato that "Fair is fair, but the price of the Q-Rau is ridiculous" I am NOT saying that I won't be happy until I can get a 1:24 all-diecastmetal perfect transformation remote controlled flying Yamato VF-xx with super articulated pilot controlled by A.I. from wal-mart for $2, and I am certainly not bitching for bitching's sake. Until now, I've always felt that Yamato's toys have been worth every penny (MAYBE the fast packs were a bit too high for what they were, but I still got three).

My criticism is that the value of the toy is much less than the price. Two possible solutions:

1.) raise the value Address fans negative issues with the toy itself (impossible, MWers can't even agree on what is good about an existing toy, much less suggest how to create a good toy. Plus, the toy is already out there, it is what it is... :unsure: )

2.) lower the price If we all keep being Yamatowhores, Yamato will make us their bitches. the HK market obviously knows what's up! Yamato knows that they won't pay unfair high prices just because that's what's printed on the box so they don't overcharge. I'm sure MY reaction to this toy would've been as positive as Graham's had I gotten it for that price.)

I believe this is a valid critique with a viable solution. And when this post garners all sorts of negative reactions, I will respond. For everyone who says "You can say what you want only ONCE" i say "it depends on the purpose of the post" I can't get the price lowered by myself... I hope to influence others. If we as a large group send a message to Yamato that we won't pay whatever they feel like asking, maybe we can KEEP costs around reasonable levels. The PLETHORA of (also repetitive) posts I've seen from other MWers telling Q-rau's detractors where they can stick their opinions, and acting personally insulted that someone might have suggested that they think before they do something with their own money. Only serve only to influence others in the opposite direction: Drive the prices up, up, UP! Someone's telling me what I can and can't spend MY OWN MONEY on?!?!?!?! I'll show them! I'll buy a million Q-raus at whatever price Yamato asks! HA HA HAHAHAHAHA! I gave ALL my money to Yamato because it was MINE to give! (of course, now you have to give ALL of your money to Yamato if you want to own ONE of the toys they make.)

500,000,000 posts beat a dead horse into my court, I beat it back.

Edited by DrClay

The HK prices + import costs are pretty much what everyone here is getting their Q-Raus for already. Maybe $10-$20 more depending on the importer/shipper. You really don't know if that represents the lowest margin Yamato can afford. If it is, you can convince the whole world not to buy at that price, and the result will be remaindered red Q-Raus, followed by no more Q-Raus at all. And probably no other enemy mecha, either. Or maybe Yamato will take a cheaper (lower quality) approach.

This is exactly why some U.S. MWers "beat the dead horse" about the high price of the Q-Rau. Personally, I defend my postion that it is overpriced repeatedly because I hope that some others will be influenced to send a message to Yamato that "Fair is fair, but the price of the Q-Rau is ridiculous" I am NOT saying that I won't be happy until I can get a 1:24 all-diecastmetal perfect transformation remote controlled flying Yamato VF-xx with super articulated pilot controlled by A.I. from wal-mart for $2, and I am certainly not bitching for bitching's sake. Until now, I've always felt that Yamato's toys have been worth every penny (MAYBE the fast packs were a bit too high for what they were, but I still got three).

My criticism is that the value of the toy is much less than the price. Two possible solutions:

1.) raise the value Address fans negative issues with the toy itself (impossible, MWers can't even agree on what is good about an existing toy, much less suggest how to create a good toy. Plus, the toy is already out there, it is what it is... :unsure: )

2.) lower the price If we all keep being Yamatowhores, Yamato will make us their bitches. the HK market obviously knows what's up! Yamato knows that they won't pay unfair high prices just because that's what's printed on the box so they don't overcharge. I'm sure MY reaction to this toy would've been as positive as Graham's had I gotten it for that price.)

I believe this is a valid critique with a viable solution. And when this post garners all sorts of negative reactions, I will respond. For everyone who says "You can say what you want only ONCE" i say "it depends on the purpose of the post" I can't get the price lowered by myself... I hope to influence others. If we as a large group send a message to Yamato that we won't pay whatever they feel like asking, maybe we can KEEP costs around reasonable levels. The PLETHORA of (also repetitive) posts I've seen from other MWers telling Q-rau's detractors where they can stick their opinions, and acting personally insulted that someone might have suggested that they think before they do something with their own money. Only serve only to influence others in the opposite direction: Drive the prices up, up, UP! Someone's telling me what I can and can't spend MY OWN MONEY on?!?!?!?! I'll show them! I'll buy a million Q-raus at whatever price Yamato asks! HA HA HAHAHAHAHA! I gave ALL my money to Yamato because it was MINE to give! (of course, now you have to give ALL of your money to Yamato if you want to own ONE of the toys they make.)

500,000,000 posts beat a dead horse into my court, I beat it back.

word! I can't agree more. and as we can see from the voting....I wasn't alone. very well put DrClay. I no as good in words like you be. :D well, for the most part anyway. :lol:

You really don't know if that represents the lowest margin Yamato can afford. If it is, you can convince the whole world not to buy at that price, and the result will be remaindered red Q-Raus, followed by no more Q-Raus at all. And probably no other enemy mecha, either. Or maybe Yamato will take a cheaper (lower quality) approach.

By the way, in no way am I advocating buying Q-Raus at whatever price just to "send a message" to Yamato to encourage them to make more enemy mecha.

What I'm saying is that if you actually succeeded in creating a "strategic purchasing movement" to try to influence the market, you might well achieve results contrary to what you seek.

Well Hayao Kakizaki says alot that makes sense... It makes me wonder how much places like HLJ and the US e-tailers are getting them for... if they're getting equally raped through their "gray market" distributors... or we're making things more profitable for them... Twin Moons' sale would seem to suggest the latter.

That said, I'm not opposed to VE and anyone else making a living, or in paying higher premiums to get better and more local service...

Anyone seen this thing at Frank & Sons yet? How much is it going for?

I guess the 2% have them already. I'm I wrong? I wish I could get Mirias, but with the 1/48 M&Ms, and the GBP... where, where is my wallet... Oh noooo, its running away from me! It is now alive! :lol:

I think about it, but the 400.00 for the other stuff is holding me back. BTW, I don't even have that kind o' money yet. Not now, not for the Rau anyways. :angry:

No way, this Hobby is way too expensive.

I'm even thinking twice about the upcomming Zero toys...

Vic cries and goes to his room, while he looks up at the displayed valks in figther mode... :lol:

Vic!

DrClay.... very well said, man!!!

But hell, we got too many people in MW that are just throwing their money at Yamato whenever they release something new; so, it'll do no good. NOT TO SAY - and I STRESS - NOT TO SAY that these people are doing a bad or stupid thing by making that choice -- I just think that it's a "getting caught up in the mania" type of thing. Hell, if you have no prob spending money like this, then more power to you. If not, well, then we don't get the damn toy. That's what seperates the "collector" from the "hardcore collector"...

I just bought a 1/48 and it's armour - and it all comes out to about $200, right?; anyways, the last person who saw it (non-macross fan), looked at me like I was a ghost when I told him how much it cost. And that's ONE I own. Other guys in here have enough 1/48's to make a snow-man with.

Some collectors are addicts. They will spend, no matter what the cost. I'm actually shocked at the poll. Even though most voted "too expensive", those same people are gonna go out and buy one (or two).

With that said...

Does Yamato have the collectors by the balls? Yes.

Is that a bad thing? No, because they like being grabbed by the balls.

Yo, fifbeat, you can't tell me that!!!! I buy them because I WANT THEM! Not exactly true. You want them because you NEED THEM. It's in your blood just like dope to a fiend. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yes, I talk to myself. Ever since FIGHT CLUB, I've been feeling cool about doing it.

;)

Edited by fifbeat

It's in your blood just like dope to a fiend. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Yes, I talk to myself. Ever since FIGHT CLUB, I've been feeling cool about doing it.

;)

So, does that mean you're getting..... Rau? Chronic? or Swag? :lol:

Vic!

I think you're right... By them balls, by them balls we're grabbed, and we like it!

Great points on both sides. I just assume this is an expensive hobby and figured it was a fair price for an accurate q-rau. However, I highly doubt Yamato is gearing their pricing just to gouge us foriegn fans. Maybe they are just gouging in general :D I still think the fast pack price is rediculous. Does anyone know how much of Yamato's business is from the outside japan (US etc)?

If you think this is expensive wait till they decide to release a 1/48 Q-RAU (granbeetle runs and hides from the 1/48 haters :ph34r: )

If you think this is expensive wait till they decide to release a 1/48 Q-RAU (granbeetle runs and hides from the 1/48 haters :ph34r:  )

I would throw whatever moneys Yamato demanded out of me for THAT! :o (DrClay stands in defiance of the 1:48 haters :angry: )

Edited by DrClay

official price at Hong Kong here is around $75 USD ($620 HKD)

add a $30.5 shipping fee to US still $105.5 USD($842.9 HKD)

the official price is 12800YEN,

convert the rate to HKD is $889.6

but I  get it at $599~!

= 8618 YEN

if the price is $620HKD ,

= 8921 YEN

the highest price at HK I seen is $800HKD (JUST ONE SHOP)                                           

=11511 YEN

but most of them are selling at $680HKD

=9784 YEN

very close to 9800 YEN :rolleyes:

----is that a clue for something?

so,anyone know why I said this Q-RAU is not worth selling 12800 YEN now?

as I know, this Q-RAU originally is design for a 9800 YEN class product,

even it can selling at a lower price -- 7800 YEN.......$542 HKD/ $67.8 USD

the official markup price 12800 YEN just a crazy number. :(

see this pic scan from HJ

exactly as the same as what I said .....

and I note that there have something interesting ~

the 1/60 GBP ARMOR , offical price is 3900 YEN

compare with the 1/48 FP 5800 yen...

as I point of view , the GBP ARMOR must have a higher price than 1/48 fast pack,

cause of the design & production cost

and I think that which product have a larger market ?

obviously is the 1/48 FAST PACK... because just have 2 1/60 VF-1 can wearing the gbp armor,

the other side, all the 1/48 VF-1 can put on the FAST PACK, and seems every 1/48 owner must buy at least one set of it, but not all the 1/60 owner will buy this GBP-1 ARMOR.

on the other member opinions, the market effecting the prices of the Q-RAU,

it 's getting high because because the Q-RAU don't have too much market..

and so, why the smaller market GBP armor still can selling cheaper than the bigger market FP ARMOR?

the truth is: YAMATO know which product can be sell and which can not be sell.

so , use a cheaper price to attrack more people to buy , mark a higher price

to make more money---

the truth is---this Q-RAU really not worth 12800 yen. :(

this markup price just a test for a new product line after the success of 1/48 VF-1 :rolleyes:

post-4-1078929835_thumb.jpg

Edited by 柿崎速雄

Ya thats what sucks about buying imports. We hardly ever get discounts in the US unless we wait for prices on ebay to drop. We always pay MSRP and then some. The Q-rau will be may last big Macross purchase. Well if the YF-19FP ever comes out but of the known future products: the stand, 1/60 VF-1J GBP, 1/48 M&M and Macross Zero VF-0, I'm all passing on. Anything after that who knows.. I'm kinda Macrossed out.

fifbeat

I'm actually shocked at the poll. Even though most voted "too expensive", those same people are gonna go out and buy one (or two).

That would be me but I just unloaded a bunch of stuff on ebay to help pay for it. Also there has never been a Q-rau made before. Therefore I want it. Only one though. No doubles and I have no interest in a Max Q-rau or any other version really.

I think that which product have a larger market ?

obviously is the 1/48 FAST PACK... because just have 2 1/60 VF-1 can wearing the gbp armor,

the other side, all the 1/48 VF-1 can put on the FAST PACK, and seems every 1/48 owner must buy at least one set of it, but not all the 1/60 owner will buy this GBP-1 ARMOR.

Little correction :lol:

All 1/60´s except the VE, VT and VF 1D can wear the GBP. I´ll buy multiples for the VF1J and my cannon fodders.

Back on topic I´m among the group that voted the Q-Rau is reasonably priced. And I dont support the theory (of other members not you Hayao) that although as big as the 1/48 VF, it is not an equaly complicated design (cause it doesn´t transform).

The Q-Rau is a rather complex production design, take it apart and you´ll all see! Yamato is pretty familiar with the transformation process of the VF 1. Perfect transformation is the only new feature introduced. The Q-Rau is a completely new toy. Although the Rau doesn´t transform, it sports many joints, ratcheted joints, many hinges, missiles covers that can be open (which work thanks an internal mechanism), rotating figers and gun barrels, cockpit (that opens thanks a much more complex mechanism than the single hinge of the 1/48) and so on.

I like the Rau, I´m waiting till Kevin gets mine, it´s the only toy in the market so I´ll buy it.

Well there go my stupid 0.02 cents :D

All 1/60´s except the VE, VT and VF 1D can wear the GBP. I´ll buy multiples for the VF1J and my cannon fodders.

Back on topic I´m among the group that voted the Q-Rau is reasonably priced. And I dont support the theory (of other members not you Hayao) that although as big as the 1/48 VF, it is not an equaly complicated design (cause it doesn´t transform).

The Q-Rau is a rather complex production design, take it apart and you´ll all see! Yamato is pretty familiar with the transformation process of the VF 1. Perfect transformation is the only new feature introduced. The Q-Rau is a completely new toy. Although the Rau doesn´t transform, it sports many joints, ratcheted joints, many hinges, missiles covers that can be open (which work thanks an internal mechanism), rotating figers and gun barrels, cockpit (that opens thanks a much more complex mechanism than the single hinge of the 1/48) and so on.

I like the Rau, I´m waiting till Kevin gets mine, it´s the only toy in the market so I´ll buy it.

is that mean the back pack armor are using other method to put it on?

I don't know... :p

Edited by 柿崎速雄

is that mean the back pack armor are using other method to put it on?

I don't know... :p

Yes, the back pack armor uses another method ;)

I live in NYC and I just got my Q-Rau, now more thatn ever I can personally say that it is a reasonable price, taking under consideration, that if you buy it in the states it's more money not to mention difficult to find, if you buy it from over seas on ebay you take the risk of a crapy box when it gets here, so with all that I just love this Q-Rau, I don't get the comparison with the 1/48, the Q-rau doesn't transform, I never tought it will, the detail it's pretty good I actually tought it was going to be a little biger but actually love the size, and the Miriya figure looks just right, i glad i bought it, excellent addition to my Macross/Anime collection

There

I live in NYC, got my Rau today from HK.

I think this thing is way overpriced.

Do I regret getting it? No. I need this for my collection. I'm also a completist and it's a mental condition I have to deal with.

BTW, did this come with an instruction booklet?

YA know I too think the qrau is a bit overpriced. When I saw that ad posted I was in shock. LIKe HOLY crap shin can get a Vf-1J with armor for almost 40$ LESS THan what it is now! For a minute there I thought the yen dropped and heaven occured.

BUt as always my hopes weere up way to high.

I did read tbhrough some of the arguments in this thread and end up lost. BUt I do think the qrau is overpriced. NOt overyly overpriiced like the MPC series but overpriced nonetheless. It is a figure that does no transform and is made of plastic. Its got size going for it and I definitely love how its so big compared even to a 1/48. I think a 90$ price is more reasonable however as it turns out, som of you even bought it for that much and were still dissapointed. The `/48 is more reasonably priced I believe because its got so much more than being a poseable action figure. The engineering and such amazes me to this day and while I will always say it was worth it, I would not mnind paying LESS for it. NOw that is something we can ALL agree on right? Paying less for something we want?

savbes us money and we get stuff cheaper.

course this will most likely not happen unless yamato becomes extremely rich and does not need as much money. BUt ya know I looked at the bandai reissue yen prices and they were the smae as the 1/60 prices in japan. I suppose this is because bandai wanted to compete agqaintst the 1/60 market.

but in the 80s, the prices were much cheaper.

anyways markups SUCK and some of us feeling robbed is inevitable. I just read hayaos post on why the qrau is being sold a lot less than markup in hong kong.

Bear in mind people yamato does not deal directly with hong kong, only japan. So over there its like having their version of valkyrie exchange only a walk in store rather than order online.or both?

Priced a little high, but I love the Q-rau. No defects, damn stable, and looks great. HUGE.

Millia's red Q-rau is the only one I really wanted, so I don't mind shelling out the green this time. I have no regrets. My family looked at me like I was nuts, but oh well.

Millia herself could have used some limited posability, but since she's staying in the cockpit anyway, it's not a big deal for me, and for a fixed figure they did nice enough job, and she slides in easily.

here is my observation about the yamato macross product price history:

... bunch of stuff cut but so far so true ...

why I can get the Q-RAU at $8619 YEN ? & why the Q-Rau can selling at

the 9800 YEN standard in HK?

is that  the shop at HK don't want to make money so they give a birthday present to me ? I guess not....

I think the truth is, Yamato know what price can sell in hong kong, so

they give what price to hK market-- and why they know that ?

that just the market history direct feedback to yamato.

Not quite right but mostly. Yamato does not TEST pricing in HK. Sorry. Yamato also "officially" wholesales to the HK market at or more than what is currently sold for on the streets of HK.

OK so why is it the HK street price for the Q-Rau (and sometimes the 1/48s) cost nearly the same for street and wholesale? That does not make sense. Why would Yamato want their dealers to buy at the same price as the customers?

There is a term known in HK as "low shui fo" which translates to "mice product" or in meaning, "walked away or trickled goods" , eg... stolen, misplaced, whatever...

The street price is CHEAPER than anywhere in the world in HK, even cheaper than wholesale, due to the above. I know many dealers who are ripping their hairs out cuz they bought "officially" from Yamato with stacks of Q-Raus sitting there while other shops blow them out at less than wholesale. Take it for what you will but those who work, sell and trade in the toy industry knows this.

This is also why HK is a haven for cheap stuff cuz low shui fo, and grey imports (not technically illegal in any sense - just no warrenties - grey market PS2s for example) and HK business practices brings the prices down. If the US ever allowed any of the things that go here, many things would be super cheap but guess what? The side effect is that someone, say Yamato, will never ever see any of the profits, let alone the production cost of those products. I can see many folks going "who cares? as long as its x cheaper and I saved $ cuz that thing wasn't worth their retail price." I can agree with that but the long term affects may not be desirable. Lets leave it at that and start another topic for "who cares if yamato gets ripped as long as we get cheap valkyries."

I'm not defending Yamato's 12800 YEN price either. I voted expensive but just wanted to clarify why sometimes toys in HK are so much cheaper than many other places. China might be even cheaper since the factories are there... so many little mice... :rolleyes:

to make more money---

this markup price just a test for a new product line after the success of 1/48 VF-1 :rolleyes:

It is a custom in Japan to sell new products at ~ 80% off the suggested retail price during introduction. You also forget that Japan requires sales tax just like the US. It is vastly different there.

I personally do not think Yamato use fishing tactics to gain customers at all. The price differences are set by dealers. It is NOT up to Yamato to tell dealers what they could or could not sell at. They "suggest" a retail price. It is not enforced.

And again, I don't think the Q-Rau is worth 12800 YEN. It would be better at 100 or less USD. Dealers do the actual gouging, markup or whatever, but again, see my post above clarifying why things are so cheap in HK. A lot of what goes on in HK is not legal in the USA for instance. There are business protection laws whereas it may "seem" there aren't many in HK, maybe just not as enforced.

BTW: I'm not attacking or picking Hayao out. He makes very valid points but I wanted to clarify how a toy business works and why each global market operates the way it does, and hence, affecting prices.

Edited by Neova

to make more money---

It is a custom in Japan to sell new products at ~ 80% off the suggested retail price during introduction. You also forget that Japan requires sales tax just like the US. It is vastly different there.

I personally do not think Yamato use fishing tactics to gain customers at all. The price differences are set by dealers. It is NOT up to Yamato to tell dealers what they could or could not sell at. They "suggest" a retail price. It is not enforced.

And again, I don't think the Q-Rau is worth 12800 YEN. It would be better at 100 or less USD. Dealers do the actual gouging, markup or whatever, but again, see my post above clarifying why things are so cheap in HK. A lot of what goes on in HK is not legal in the USA for instance. There are business protection laws whereas it may "seem" there aren't many in HK, maybe just not as enforced.

BTW: I'm not attacking or picking Hayao out. He makes very valid points but I wanted to clarify how a toy business works and why each global market operates the way it does, and hence, affecting prices.

DON'T WORRY, :) just disscusion

I would not say all my point are right~! :D

I just guess by what I have seen

and thankyou for your point that let me know more something~!

beside, I'm not jugde this worth or not by the selling price I get,

even I get it by $599 , I still say it not worth it....

As my first post talk about this Q-RAU when the day I've got it,

I think it just can selling $ 300HKD after I open the box, cheak it out

and play it a while.

Edited by 柿崎速雄

I got mine today....i crashed. Heh. I saw it for about USD94, and i thought "hell that's cheaper than the other places" so I got it on impulse.

I think, its not really worth it. I won't bring in about how Yamato is a small company etc into the picture, but really, the toy's a big lug of hollow plastic. I'm alright if a figure doesn't have die cast, but this toy feels so hollow that you can make it into a glorified coffee mug or as someone else put, a piggy bank.

Its cool, but I can't help but think of this toy's production costs and how low it might get. I like it overall, but the fingers on ball joints kinda bug me. They are loose and thus they kinda twirl around in weird positions. If the ball joints were tighter, it would've been cool. Milia figure, most ppl said why they didn't like it and I agree with them.

It definately could've been cheaper. If people are wondering to get the Q-rau over the MPC prime , get the Prime 1st.

Shall post some pose pictures soon.

Edited by wolfx

If you changed the price around..

Say the Q-Rau for $69

The MPC Optimus Price for $109

That's not that bad...

But the MPC Optimus is $69, transforms, got a little light, comes with megatron, lots of diecast, heavy, and huge!

The Q-Rau if you didn't know what it was probably thought it was the Transformers Optimus Primal. :lol: And it cost $100+