Joon's Valkyries

Heavy

A few months ago Joons valks were showing up like crazy on ebay. You could get them for about $30-40 including box. I 2 for $30 with box and a loose max type for $15. They probably have the highest quality of all the 1/55 bootlegs. They are even better than those MPC's toynami makes. I know the Green one in the space gundam box fetches a little more than the rest.

A few months ago Joons valks were showing up like crazy on ebay. You could get them for about $30-40 including box. I 2 for $30 with box and a loose max type for $15. They probably have the highest quality of all the 1/55 bootlegs. They are even better than those MPC's toynami makes. I know the Green one in the space gundam box fetches a little more than the rest.

Wow, you're saying that POS bootleg I got is even better than an MPC? that's bad :lol:

Don't have and never will have an MPC.

A paper plate is better than a MPC. :D

I pretty much leave mine in it's box, that's the only way I can get the thing to stand. Toynami should have spent more time on designing/perfecting the thing, than wasting time shoving a flashlight up it's head.

A paper plate is better than a MPC. :D

I pretty much leave mine in it's box, that's the only way I can get the thing to stand. Toynami should have spent more time on designing/perfecting the thing, than wasting time shoving a flashlight up it's head.

This is why people dont make their own decisions. People make dumb commints like this and then a new collector will read this crap and belive it instead of making their own decision. People who never owned a MCP will say its crap because its the "cool" thing to say. They are not crap, they are just another option for collectors to choose from.

This is why people dont make their own decisions. People make dumb commints like this and then a new collector will read this crap and belive it instead of making their own decision. People who never owned a MCP will say its crap because its the "cool" thing to say. They are not crap, they are just another option for collectors to choose from.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, your comment gets the double rolleyes. Go back to Robotech.com.

They are not crap, they are just another option for collectors to choose from.

Yeah, a real crappy option!

Really, why get a MPC over even a bootleg? They really have nothing going for them, except maybe for the novelty and because you have everything else...

I know the Green one in the space gundam box fetches a little more than the rest.

Well, back on topic. . . does anyone have a pic of the "Gundam box?" I have a green Joon's valkyrie, but it's in a regular box.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Yeah, you guys are real smart. I get the impresion that you 2 are casual collectors. If you notice, most of the really big collectors have the MCPs in their collection along with Yamato and Bandai. They might not be the favorite but they are a nice addition to ANY collection. I cant stand when people force feed their narrow mindedness to others. I guess nobody should like it because you dont.

Yeah, you guys are real smart. I get the impresion that you 2 are casual collectors. If you notice, most of the really big collectors have the MCPs in their collection along with Yamato and Bandai. They might not be the favorite but they are a nice addition to ANY collection. I cant stand when people force feed their narrow mindedness to others. I guess nobody should like it because you dont.

The thread topic is Joon's valkyries, not MPCs. If you want to bitch and moan about people not agreeing with you about MPCs, then start another thread. Hopefully you choose to do it on, once again, Robotech.com.

Yeah I came here for help and All I am seeing is peeps rippin at each other, guess I will go else where. Some people I tell ya.

I believe you got an answer to your question about how much the Joon's valkyries are going for. I'm still curious about what the Gundam box looks like.

That's because all these Robocrap goons come in here mouthing off. They know damn well a majority of us don't want that HG crap posted in this forum.

<_<

Personally, I don't see the difference between a bootleg Valk and HG's Veritechs. They're both unscrupulous toys. I don't want to hear about HG legal right either..we all know that 's bs morally.

Id say if you got 30-40 dollars to spend on a 1/55 valk your best option would be to get one of the bandai remakes. Unless your deadset on owning a joons for whatever reason. I have 2 of the joons valks and they really don't hold a candle to the newer bandai's. Besides, if you look around enough you could buy a superior valk for the same amount of money that your willing to spend on a Joons.

I own Joons and MPCs.

Main topic:

Joons are far superior to modern HK bootlegs, [edit] but have no metal legs and some QC imperfections.[/edit]

The grey VF-1J Joons are really only worth getting for the packaging or if you're a completist. They sell for more, but as far as "worth" in owning, I say they should be worth $25. The Bandai reissue of the grey VF-1J is far superior.

M&M (red and blue) Joons are cheap alternatives to their expensive Bandai reissue & Takatoku counterparts. Worth $40-60, and that's usually how much they sell for these days.

The green Joons is a cool repaint, I'd like one of those.

The Patriot repaint IMO is ugly, but both are unique to Joons.

Side topic:

I got volume 1-5 of the MPCs and they do suck compared to Yamatos and Bandais. I'm glad I got them cheap because I only got them to resell as a set.

They are a little better than Joons as far a quality of plastic. Volume 1 is by far the worst, but with all of the improvements, volume 5 ain't much better. The sculpt sucks with it's disporportionately skinny legs that don't lock, where as the Joons, since it's a good Taka ripoff, is far superior in it's design. The only MPC paint variation that is unique is the volume 2.

I'd take a red, blue, or green Joons over any MPC.

Side, side topic:

We state or opinions to sway people from buying MPCs for 3 reasons,

-those of us that own them know how much they suck and don't want people who don't have them to make a mistake and buy one for more than they're worth.

-HG are morally corrupt scumbags that deserve no financial support for what they've done to BW and their right to distribute outside of Japan what they've put 20+ years of time and creative effort to provide Macross fans with. 20+ years which HG made no effort to help, and at times hinder, Macross fans outside of Japan with access to videos or products (and barely anything for even Robotech fans for most of that time). The people at BW are the creators of what both Macross fans and Robotech (Macross Saga) fans love. If HG can't see the moral issues over their claims, then they are not the type of company that deserves my support.

-Supporting HG/Toynami also supports their legal efforts to not let Macross fans outside of Japan from getting official Macross products at a reasonable price.

Edited by tom64ss

I own Joons and MPCs.

Main topic:

The grey VF-1J Joons are really only worth getting for the packaging or if you're a completist. They sell for more, but as far as "worth" in owning, I say they should be worth $25. The Bandai reissue of the grey VF-1J is far superior.

M&M (red and blue) Joons are cheap alternatives to their expensive Bandai reissue & Takatoku counterparts. Worth $40-60, and that's usually how much they sell for these days.

The green Joons is a cool repaint, I'd like one of those.

The Patriot repaint IMO is ugly, but both are unique to Joons.

Joons are far superior to modern HK bootlegs.

Side topic:

I got volume 1-5 of the MPCs and they do suck compared to Yamatos and Bandais. I'm glad I got them cheap because I only got them to resell as a set.

They are a little better than Joons as far a quality of plastic. Volume 1 is by far the worst, but with all of the improvements, volume 5 ain't much better. The sculpt sucks with it's disporportionately skinny legs that don't lock, where as the Joons, since it's a good Taka ripoff, is far superior in it's design. The only MPC paint variation that is unique is the volume 2.

I'd take a red, blue, or green Joons over any MPC.

Side, side topic:

We state or opinions to sway people from buying MPCs for 3 reasons,

-those of us that own them know how much they suck and don't want people who don't have them to make a mistake and buy one for more than they're worth.

-HG are morally corrupt scumbags that deserve no financial support for what they've done to BW and their right to distribute outside of Japan what they've put 20+ years of time and creative effort to provide Macross fans with. 20+ years which HG made no effort to help, and at times hinder, Macross fans outside of Japan with access to videos or products (and barely anything for even Robotech fans for most of that time). The people at BW are the creators of what both Macross fans and Robotech (Macross Saga) fans love. If HG can't see the moral issues over their claims, then they are not the type of company that deserves my support.

-Supporting HG/Toynami also supports their legal efforts to not let Macross fans outside of Japan from getting official Macross products at a reasonable price.

Thanks Tom. This thread was geting to be another thread were people just made arguments based on popular opinion, not on actual experience.

No matter how much you hate Robotech, you still sound like an idiot by saying blind statements with no logic to back it. New members, no matter how much you expect it from them, may not always know the reasoning behind such opinions.

So say it wisely or don't say anything. <_<

Look here:

If you're going to buy Robot toys and electronic gadgets, you go with the Japanese period(exception = Hasbro)

If you want to buy steaks, wheat products, hollywood, and combat arms- you buy American.

Words to live by-Golden rule thing

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Not to be harsh, but this is why MW is a bit of a joke on some other sites. Every thread turns into a HG-bash-fest .. and don't say it was the HG supporters who started it, because it was this fella 'jwinges' who first brought em up. I own vol 1-6 mpc, almost all of the bandai reissues, 4 1/48's, all of the mac+ valks, and more of the 1/60's than I'd care to count (10+) and IMO the MPCs compare very favorably to all of them. On average the MPC q/c and sturdiness is superior to the yamato products. Hell, I dare not transform some of the worst yamato products, like the vf-11b. There are folks who own multiple MPCs and have a lower opinion of them than I do, which is fine - it appears that their complaints are things like 'plastic feels cheap' and 'looks ugly' as opposed to 'they break during play' which is the real test IMO. Yes, I play with my toys, and how fun a toy is to play with is a major factor in my opinion of that toy (and that's where mpcs shine), but I respect the fact that other people have different standards (if appearance of the valk is your topmost priority, yamatos are the hands-down winners). As for those that mindlessly bash the MPCs in every available thread, you're making the fine institution of MW a laughingstock with your groupthink idiocy.

Thanks for the info on the Joons, btw - I was thinking of grabbing the green one someday.

People who never owned a MCP will say its crap because its the "cool" thing to say. They are not crap, they are just another option for collectors to choose from.

Well I've never messed with an MPC so I can't say it's like crap, though I have seen it in person and I can say it looks like crap.

And I'm not saying that just because it's an hg product (I think the Alpha that's comming out looks pretty damn good) I'm saying that because I really think it looks like crap. It may or may not handle like crap, but as far as I'm concernd it looks like yesterday's dinner after I eat. Being someone who just likes to put my stuff in cool poses, appearance is a very big thing.

As for "harcore" or "casual" collectors, I only see collectors as those with money and those without. And those with out have to ration thier meager/depleated funds and go for only the best ones as opposed to everything.

Not to be harsh, but this is why MW is a bit of a joke on some other sites. Every thread turns into a HG-bash-fest .. and don't say it was the HG supporters who started it, because it was this fella 'jwinges' who first brought em up.

As for those that mindlessly bash the MPCs in every available thread, you're making the fine institution of MW a laughingstock with your groupthink idiocy.

Thanks for the info on the Joons, btw - I was thinking of grabbing the green one someday.

LOL at "not to be harsh." I do think your argument is a little extreme, but oh well. Anyway the only reason I ended up with two Joon's valkyries is due to the fact that there were no cheaper alternatives at the time. I agree that the Bandai reissues are a better choice if the prices are comparable. I would recommend getting the Joon's valkyries for collection completion purposes, but not for collection starting purposes.

Sorry for bringing up the MPC. I had no idea it would spark this debate. I stand by my opinion though and agree with some of yours. For a toy the Joon's valks are sturdier and better. QC is lower but they are based on a better product better.

The MPC on the otherhand (I have vol1 and sent back vols 2&3 because I thought they were crap) is also based on the taka 1/55 and 1/100 but lacks dicast content and it quite flimsy in the joints, add in the cheezy light and you've got an MPC. I originally liked the packaging (I've only taken the MPC out once) I had it on a shelf for about a year when I looked at it and the glue was comming apart on the MPC box. I do agree that the MPC has far greater detail, but also that the legs are too skinny. Yeah, I dislike the MPC not so much for the toy itself (it was a valid first attempt at a toy) but more so for the controversy and with-holding of information about the dicast content on vol 1 that toynami pulled. They didn't tell us that they reduced the dicast by more than half until mine was already shipping.

Personally, I would spend your money on a bandai re-issue if you want a 1/55. Next I would spend it on a joon's if you can get the models you like for a price you like. I'm still looking for a green one myself. And if you can get the max and millia one's then you've saved a bundle over the hard to find bandai reissue.

I have 16 bandai's and I love each and every one. No major complaints. The only one I've had trouble with is the 1A DYRL version (in fighter mode there's a big gap b/w back and front plate on both versions I have.

I hate the 1/60 series. Beautiful but poorly designed joints and leg system.

I love the 1/48 but it does feel a little flimsy while transforming. Once its in the mode you want the thing is great.

Hope this helps and again I'm sorry for sparking this big toy bash.

Shaggydog is also correct. It seems that anybody who likes MCP is crazy and bashed. I collect all Macross and Robotech and have no bad feelings tward either one. You guys are the biggest hippocrytes(sp) I ever saw. You bash RT.com for being so strict but in turn you do the same here. It may det delited but some of you are the biggest loosers on Earth if you have real hate against a toy company. Its actually funny. How can you say MCP look cheep, Yamatos look cheep also, the only ones who dont is the Bandai Valks.

Edited by APU

Not to be harsh, but this is why MW is a bit of a joke on some other sites.

Macross World's the best. You no likey? you get out and don't let the screendoor hit you the ass.

You know what forum's a joke? http://www.robocrap.com!

Atleast over here, you got some degree of freedom of expression and opinion. Over there? they censor anything anti-HG.

In fact, go to ALT.FAN.MACROSS and they'll tell you they hate Robocrap.com

Think before you post.

You collect Bandai's and Yamato? where's your proof Mr. I only have 33 posts.

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Shaggydog is also correct. It seems that anybody who likes MCP is crazy and bashed. I collect all Macross and Robotech and have no bad feelings tward either one. You guys are the biggest hippocrytes(sp) I ever saw. You bash RT.com for being so strict but in turn you do the same here. It may det delited but some of you are the biggest loosers on Earth if you have real hate against a toy company. Its actually funny. How can you say MCP look cheep, Yamatos look cheep also, the only ones who dont is the Bandai Valks.

You collect Robocrap? that says it all about you.

Would you like to download MP3's and buy Enron stocks?

You must like flame wars coming around here.

We will bash HG!

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Shaddydog and APU have a combine 90+ posts.

They also have a nasty habit of defending Robocrap.

hmmmm...not regular posters like us.

Remember those Germans posing as MP's in WW2 during the Battle of the Bulge?

Joon's are pretty cool for bootleg valks... for a while there, they were serious life(wallet)savers for those who could not afford the astronomical prices for original valkyries (and with prices like those, we were willing to look away from bootleg items). I've had two or three of these at one point or another and I liked them all. Even if they are a shade lower in quality under a Takatoku, a casual collector wont' really notice any difference. Not as sturdy as said valks, but damn good considering! The Green one (many consider this what Kakizaki WOULD have flown if he had made it to a VF-1J) fetches far more than the rest on the market and is that much harder to find.... Regardless of the box type, I highly reccomend picking one up if you find it.

Whiskey,

I don't recall any of us voting you as the Macrossworld representitive. I would very much request that you THINK about what you're saying before you use the words "US" or "WE" when referring to MWers. THere are a considerable number here who don't hate Robotech to the level you do (or if they do, they at least have the DECENCY to keep their mouths shut). You certainly don't stand for my opinion, and even if you have more posts than me right now (not sure, and I really don't care to look), I've been a member at Macross world ever since the 1998 or so, and the forum was one page with posts of every type and you had to type your name in manually every time you posted. You are absurdly young as a Macrossworld member and you assume a great deal more than you should. Your comments have come dangerously close to getting posts closed again and again. Please, PLEASE stop and think before you let your keyboard do the talking again. I hope you take a bigger care in your primary MOS (if indeed your signature/name is genuine) than you do with your mouth. <_<<_<

Sorry for bringing up the MPC. I had no idea it would spark this debate. I stand by my opinion though and agree with some of yours. For a toy the Joon's valks are sturdier and better. QC is lower but they are based on a better product better.

The MPC on the otherhand (I have vol1 and sent back vols 2&3 because I thought they were crap) is also based on the taka 1/55 and 1/100 but lacks dicast content and it quite flimsy in the joints, add in the cheezy light and you've got an MPC. I originally liked the packaging (I've only taken the MPC out once) I had it on a shelf for about a year when I looked at it and the glue was comming apart on the MPC box. I do agree that the MPC has far greater detail, but also that the legs are too skinny. Yeah, I dislike the MPC not so much for the toy itself (it was a valid first attempt at a toy) but more so for the controversy and with-holding of information about the dicast content on vol 1 that toynami pulled. They didn't tell us that they reduced the dicast by more than half until mine was already shipping.

Personally, I would spend your money on a bandai re-issue if you want a 1/55. Next I would spend it on a joon's if you can get the models you like for a price you like. I'm still looking for a green one myself. And if you can get the max and millia one's then you've saved a bundle over the hard to find bandai reissue.

I have 16 bandai's and I love each and every one. No major complaints. The only one I've had trouble with is the 1A DYRL version (in fighter mode there's a big gap b/w back and front plate on both versions I have.

I hate the 1/60 series. Beautiful but poorly designed joints and leg system.

I love the 1/48 but it does feel a little flimsy while transforming. Once its in the mode you want the thing is great.

Hope this helps and again I'm sorry for sparking this big toy bash.

You don't have anything to apologize for. Obviously, there are some who will utilize ANY thread topic to slug it out over Robotech. Despite attempts to discuss Joon's valkyries (and I still hope someone posts a pic of the "Gundam box" that some of the green ones come in), you have one who just has to call people "biggest losers on earth," and you have another one who has to post three times in a row bashing Robotech and the Robotech defenders on here.

My point is, thread hijacking is nobody's fault but the hijackers.

To those of you have Joon's valkyries, how do you fix the "backpack" so the tails snap into place, like on the Bandai valkyries? The tails on mine want to flop around.

To those of you have Joon's valkyries, how do you fix the "backpack" so the tails snap into place, like on the Bandai valkyries? The tails on mine want to flop around.

Take the backpack apart and switch the tailfins to thier opposite sides. It should fold flat after that. ;)

In case anyone needs review this:

Section IV: Robotech

Historically Robotech and Macross are connected. However, Robotech is not part of Macross or Macross World. Talk about Robotech will pop up from time to time. Macross World is a place to discuss the Japanese Macross. It is not the Robotech.com forum’s sister site. This is not the place to discuss Robotech. If there is discussion expect to see a more pro Macross stance and even people being critical of Robotech. You will see intelligent comments and stupid ones. If you don’t want see anything negative about Robotech go to Robotech.com. You will see there is a forum here called ‘Robotech and other anime’ all discussions about Robotech and Harmony Gold belong there. This includes discussions about their products. The forums here are for Macross.

As a general rule if something about Robotech is in the news that is of interest all around it will be allowed in a few topics in another forum.

As for ‘bashing’ of Robotech it will happen. We ask that you people actually have something to say. A post that just says, ‘ Robotech sucks’ will likely get deleted. Any comment that is a threat or consider cruel will be moderated.

Please don’t just come here to attack or to defend Robotech. The forums are for the discussion and promotion of Macross. Don’t make attacking or defending Robotech or Harmony Gold as your only reason for being here.

Section V: Arguments and Flames.

Arguments and the Internet go together. The Internet allows you to share ideas that others may not like. It encourages debate. The Internet also allows you distance and the protection to say a lot of things because you know no one can find you. No one wants to see only flame wars. To ban all sensitive topics would a shame.

People will talk about subjects you may not agree with. If you want to debate with people fine. Keep it a debate not a mindless argument. There needs to be a subject. The debate is not about the person your debating with. If you have a past grudge with someone that belongs off the forums. We ask you debate about a topic not the person your arguing against. We do expect to see a little insults to appear between debaters. Attack the person’s argument not the person. The random poster that appears just to insult another poster may find their post deleted.

Insults as general rule (expect for the truly offensive) can be said about an object, company or group. Please don’t insult a specific person. Many of these debates will need a moderator’s full attention to keep it under control. The moderators have seen it all they a good idea of how a debate will turn out. If a moderator is willing they will watch it. If a moderator is unable to they may stop the debate.

To those of you have Joon's valkyries, how do you fix the "backpack" so the tails snap into place, like on the Bandai valkyries?  The tails on mine want to flop around.

Take the backpack apart and switch the tailfins to thier opposite sides. It should fold flat after that. ;)

Thanks; that did the trick as far as positioning, but the tails still flop around. Oh well, one might point that out to a seller when they're asking $30-$40 for one. ;)

*and the smack is layeth down....*

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you tried putting a very light coating of clear fingernail polish on the swivel bars of the tail-fins? It may prevent a "smooth" swivel, but it will at least increase the surface area in friction and perhaps keep them from moving around.