custom 1/48 MG "Paris Act"

Jung

This time I painted and decaled the heatshield on the outside. To avoid paint chipping when you slide the heatshield in and out, I rounded the sharp corners under the chest plate. This worked fine and also allowed the heatshield to slide a lot smoother and easier. Just don't sand too deep or you'll sand through the chest plate :p

I also sanded off the two tabs that locks the "shoulder lights" in fighter mode. THis doesn't cause any noticeable difference in transformation or looseness in fighter/gerwalk mode.

post-4-1078597506_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jung

Other than the too dark overall color (could be the camera, the lighting, my monitor, or just my own preferrences), words simply fail to give adequate praise and admiration for this beautiful custom. A thousand bravos.

Yeah it's greyish more than white. Normally when you airbrush white, you'll need to apply several coats cuz white when thinned is pretty translucent. I did 1-2 coats of white, and I liked the greyish look, so I left it at that. I did a more solid white for the legs, cuz I wanted to bring out the minmay decal :rolleyes:

I think the pics also makes it darker, I didn't use enough lighting.

Wow, nice work as always, Jung. What types/brands/colors of paint did you use for the blue and purple sections normally covered by the decals?

The light blue was khrylon Sky Blue, it matched straight out of the bottle, but darkened when I sprayed it over the dark grey undercoat.

The darker blue, I mixed navy blue + a bit of red to give it a purplish hue. I added flat black or white to darker or lighten it up. I can't give you the ratios, I just mixed as I went along. The match was close but not perfect.

Great job Jung! May I know where I can get a set of the custom decals you put on the model?

By the way, I believe there is another version of Minmay Guard decals (for 1/72 model), do you know where I can get that set of decals too?

Thanks.

By the way, I believe there is another version of Minmay Guard decals (for 1/72 model), do you know where I can get that set of decals too?

I believe all of devin's (Anasazi37) decals can be found at Twin moons. The specific one your looking for is here.

By the way, it's on preorder.

:)

Great job Jung! May I know where I can get a set of the custom decals you put on the model?

Thanks.

yep the other version is "Moon Act", let's keep our fingers crossed that Devin will produce this set of decals aswell ;)

Thanks guys, are the list price in Twin Moons's site in US dollars or SGD?

I am a new guy here from HK. When I search the old posts in this group, I found that Anasazi37 actually put his decals on sale here to MW member for a much lower price last year, too bad I didn't see it then...

You guys are lucky to have a large group of Macross fans in Singapore and so many custom products to choose from. :D

Those decals are in the works. g3173 has commissioned me to produce them. They should be ready in about a month if I manage to stay on schedule. :p

There really isn't much price difference between what I sold my sets for previously and what TMP Anime charges for them now. The MG set was $33, now it's $36. It's an unfortunately necessary price increase, though. I was simply getting too many individual orders to handle them all myself and Tamim was gracious enough to step in and help with distribution. However, to stay in business, he needs to mark up the price just a little to cover his costs.

I shipped out almost all of the decals up for preorder late last week, so they should start going out to those of you who ordered them very soon. The one exception is the Max & Miriya set. I'm still in the process of filling that order inbetween working on a few customs....

Thanks for your clarification Anasazi37, I though you were taking SGD when you were selling them here last year, now I feel muck more comfortable to get your decal, great work by the way!

Speaking of the "Moon Act", is there any chance that the decals would be available? To be honest, I tried to make the decal myself but I found it very difficult to do so without the proper equipment (e.g. ALPS printer), as such, I think it would be more reasonable for me to purchase decals that are available on the market (I spent lots of time to find those decals images online too....)

Speaking of the "Moon Act", is there any chance that the decals would be available?

I believe so. I'll have to clear it with g3173 first, though. My policy is to not release a commissioned set unless the person who paid me to make it for them is comfortable with the idea. I'll post more info as soon as I have it.

The great thing about custom artists like Jung is that they plunk down $100 + for a toy... and say "well, now I really get to go to work.

Me, I just take it out of the box, play with it, and put it on the shelf. :p

Beautiful custom, Jung... as usual... keep 'em coming!