1/48 DYRL? fixed pose gun hand

Eternal_D

ok, after I got a hold of Rhoby's recast of the TV style hands, I started working on these DYRL type fixed posed hands. I'm almost done with the right hand and need to start working on the left hand.

I tried to follow the line art from the Gold Book as much as I can, and there's still a few details I want to add in. but anyway check it out, LMK what you think.

I think this will be the first time I finish a project(non-school or work related of course) so I'm pretty damn proud of myself. :D

post-25-1078540178.jpg

post-25-1078540346.jpg

post-25-1078540363.jpg

post-25-1078540401.jpg

post-25-1078540430.jpg

post-25-1078540448.jpg

Damn fine job with those. They look great.

I think this will be the first time I finish a project(non-school or work related of course) so I'm pretty damn proud of myself. :D

Go Danny, you're almost finished! Finish this one so you can at least claim you actually did follow through at least on one of your projects.

Looks pretty good! I may even have to get a set of your sculpted hands! ;)

yup yup tony, I brought the hand in it's earlier stages that one time we were supposed to meet up at the track.

I will meet with rhoby to talk about another project I want to start and at that time I will ask if it's possible to recast. I actually wouldn't mind having a few of these myself...definitely don't wanna spend another week making another single hand.

It would be great if some decent sized hands could be made that would still fit into the arms for a perfect transformation. Still, even if that wasn't possible, these would be great to have. I much prefere the movie style hands to the tv style hands.

thank you guys for all the comments. If at all possibel, I'd definitely recast so other ppl can have these. like many of you, I was really unsatisfied with the stock dyrl poseable hands...too loose for my taste. I will keep you guys updated with recast possibilities.

as for the other hand, I really don't have much to show. I've only worked on it a little bit and I'm thinking that I need to take each individual finger, remove them, sand/shape them, and then reconnect them somehow. it'll probably take me another week or so to have something I can show for that. but it'll basically be that open posed hand like the TV style.

again, thanks for your support.

Whoah! For the left hand, what kind of pose are you making it in? Close fist? Spread out hand?

it's probably going to be the same pose as the TV hands.

or what I can try to do is make it so it's gripping around the gunpod more? or I can make both.

I can also try to make fists...but each will probably take 1-2 weeks...I didn't see a need for fists.

any other suggestions welcome before I get started.

First, have to say you did an excellent job on the scupt, I'm temped to get a couple set for all my 1/48 hum.......From what I've been reading on the thread I presume you will be designing a hand for holding the gun, a pair for the Fist, and probably an open hand somewhere? right? I have a question about your design, for your gun holding hand, will it have the same width as the original flimsy hand? What I means is that will the hand be able to retrack back inside when you transform the 1/48? I'm just curious after seeing those amazing pic.

Keep up the good work!!

Leo

damn danny,you really did a good job on those dude!!! that's a really nice cast hand.i don't think i've seen a better hand for a 1/48 yet.i hope you do end up casting these,cause then i'll be buying parts off of you for a change :lol::p

****edit in****hehehe,i've gotta hand it to you on this 1******couldn't resist

Edited by valkyrietestpilot

First, have to say you did an excellent job on the scupt, I'm temped to get a couple set for all my 1/48 hum.......From what I've been reading on the thread I presume you will be designing a hand for holding the gun, a pair for the Fist, and probably an open hand somewhere? right? I have a question about your design, for your gun holding hand, will it have the same width as the original flimsy hand? What I means is that will the hand be able to retrack back inside when you transform the 1/48? I'm just curious after seeing those amazing pic.

Keep up the good work!!

Leo

It seems like he is not going to be doing DYRL fists. I mean, there is little use for them and its not like he's just recasting stuff (like in the case of TV hand recasts).

Basically, these will be like DYRL versions of the big TV hands - somewhat bigger (more like they should be), better looking, sturdier, but not capable of folding back into the arms for transformation. VERY small price to pay, IMO, for such great hands.

I don't like the fists much myself, and like cdr fokker said, there's not much use for them. so yah, I think I'm going to stay away from the fists.

and no, these won't fit inside the arms. they are meant to be removed as they are fairly wide and I think in much better proportion than the stock dyrl hands.

thanks again for all the comments.

ok, not to bring this thread up again, but I wanted to know if people would be interested in a POSEABLE left hand. I was in Vegas this weekend and had some time to draw some things up and it seems very doable(I know you're thinking, "You were in Vegas and all you can think of was your stupid custom hand???" Well, I was there for a expo and had to wake up early everyday, didn't wanna have to deal with a hangover or worse).

This might take a while and will probably lead to a poseable right hand. but these hands will probably NOT be able to hold the gun. If it all works out...we should have this in 2 weeks, though it looks like I'll be making a trip out to Boston soon.

anyway, lets hear a nay or yay for this please. thanks.