Law, Jude Law

Clive Owen is just to gritty to play bond IMHO.

That is why I like him. Bond will never be "Bond" again in the way that Connery made the character and each actor has altered the role to accomodate their strengths, along with script and plot changes to alter the feel of the movie series. The first few Bond movies were far fetched mind you but there were a few (like From Russia with Love, OHMSS and For Your Eyes Only) that actually had some basis in reality and felt like cold war spy flicks... whereas Moonraker and most of the new ones reek of hollywood stunt scripting and prop heavy rediculous action sequence driven drivel.

A cold, gritty Bond might turn the license in a new direction that appeals to a more mature non teenage idiot audience unlike the last few movies.

Where is Agent One when I'm using his arguments? :p

Connery - Real Bond

Lazenby - Sleepy Bond

Moore - Grandpa Bond

Dalton - Femme Bond

Brosnan - Pretty Boy Bond

Mine:

Connery - Real Bond (at least badass Bond)

Lazenby - Fakey wussy Bond wannabe

Moore - Upper crust british old guy Bond

Dalton - FemBond

Brosnan - Best Bond since Connery

Vostok 7

Timmy Dalton may have been "closer to Ian Flemming's Bond" than Sean Connery but fer god's sakes Connery is Bond in my mind, everyone else is an immitator.

But of course. Nobody will ever best Connery's Bond. For future reference, in any Bond conversation it should just be understood that I feel Connery *is* Bond, even if I don't mention it. But in lieu of them bringing him back for Never, Never Say Never Again, I'd agree with Vostok that Brosnan is the best we've got.

And this thing about Bond being suave? What every Bond since Connery has missed is that Bond isn't really this nice gentleman. He's only acting the part, because he's a fricken secret agent. With Connery, you can see thru his act, and see his true cold and calculating nature. Again, only Brosnan has come close to that. At least, his performance in Goldeneye did.

They really need to kill bond or kill the damn script writers. I agree the last movie sucked and it was unrealistic. The only going for it was Ms. Frost. She was better looking than Halle. If they put Jinx as a stand alone movie, I will never see it because I cant stand her.

I think they should cast Vin Diesel. B))

Yeah. cast him in the pacific with a ton of bricks... B))

No kidding. That dumb, talentless ape shouldn't be let within 10 miles of a Bond movie set. Do you remember back when they were promoting xXx, and the director was bragging how it was going to bury Bond, how it was going to *be* the new Bond? :rolleyes:

It's still me. My account is messed up so I just made a new one.

Ahh, I see. There's already a topic about that in "Feedback," so you're not the only one haveing problems.

and don't be such a stranger from now on. I bet you wouldn't have these account problems if you posted more often. :D

i liked dalton as bond when i first saw the living daylights (and i was 12 or so), but that was then and now he's less appealing. his lack of appeal was mostly a case of bad writing and an attempt to take the franchise in a different direction, same thing happened to lazenby. brosnan was good initially, but the last several movies have just been crap, one part writing and one part bad acting.

really original few connery bond movies are the only good ones. though moore had a couple decent ones.

jackman isn't british enough to pull off bond, neither really is macgregor or any of the others on the list.

bond should be put out to pasture once and for all.

I think you guys are forgetting the most obvious choice. :p

Ben Affleck already ruined Jack Ryan.

Connery is the one true Bond, though Pierce Brosnan has done a good job as well, and fits the role pretty nicely. Way better than the others.

I don't think there's anyone right now that can hit the role nearly as well as Brosnan has, so after Brosnan is done with his stint, the franchise should retire for now.

Edited by Anubis

I think you guys are forgetting the most obvious choice. :p

Connery is the one true Bond, though Pierce Brosnan has done a good job as well, and fits the role pretty nicely. Way better than the others.

I don't think there's anyone right now that can hit the role nearly as well as Brosnan has, so after Brosnan is done with his stint, the franchise should retire for now.

Sum of All Fears was such a total cock up. I really hate it when they take classic charactors and update them, in some lame attempt to make them hip, for the next generation of brain dead kids. <_< I blame crappy writing and total disrespect for continuity, more than I blame Afleck though.

Edited by GobotFool

Sum of All Fears was such a total cock up. I really hate it when they take classic charactors and update them, in some lame attempt to make them hip, for the next generation of brain dead kids.  <_< I blame crappy writing and total disrespect for continuity, more than I blame Afleck though.

Well, to be honest, they did the same thing to Jack Ryan before Bendover Assuck ever got to demolish him in the last move.

Hunt for Red October - Good Jack Ryan, kick ass Jack Ryan.

Patriot Games - BADASS Jack Ryan - Best of the series IMHO.

Clear and Present Danger - All of the sudden, Jack Ryan won't pick up a gun anymore? He went from busting caps on everyone in the first two films, to being this MacGuyver like pussy in C&PD?

Didn't even give Sum of All Fears the time of day because it starred Bendover Assuck.

OH, and getting back on Bond...

I always saw Roger Moore as - Groovy 70's Bond. Face it, for being a limey, dude was just Groovy!!

Edited by Mechamaniac

Sum of All Fears was such a total cock up. I really hate it when they take classic charactors and update them, in some lame attempt to make them hip, for the next generation of brain dead kids.  <_< I blame crappy writing and total disrespect for continuity, more than I blame Afleck though.

Well, to be honest, they did the same thing to Jack Ryan before Bendover Assuck ever got to demolish him in the last move.

Patriot Games - BADASS Jack Ryan - Best of the series IMHO.

Clear and Present Danger - All of the sudden, Jack Ryan won't pick up a gun anymore? He went from busting caps on everyone in the first two films, to being this MacGuyver like pussy in C&PD?

Didn't even give Sum of All Fears the time of day because it starred Bendover Assuck.

OH, and getting back on Bond...

I always saw Roger Moore as - Groovy 70's Bond. Face it, for being a limey, dude was just Groovy!!

Yeah, I guess thats true, though for me Hunt for Red October will always be the definitive Jack Ryan flick. Hey it even has our favorite Bond actor at the helm of a nuclear sub :p

Edited by GobotFool

Harrison Ford made a very good Jack Ryan I thought. There was no need to hack up Sum of All Fears like they did. Supposedly they're doing Cardinal of The Kremlin I heard before, though if they do, I hope they go back to the proper formula.

They should put this franchise to rest for good, the last three movies where really lame no like the old days. Goldeneye was the only good bond film after Sean and Roger 007 era.

OHMSS was a very good movie to bad about the actor and I really wished that Sean was in it plus I was also sick that every time they had to change Blofield.

I think they should cast Vin Diesel. B))

Yeah. cast him in the pacific with a ton of bricks... B))

Yeah.... but it would be nice if they cast the franchise along with him. B))

"But Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms!!!!" :lol:

Edited by Abombz!!

Ben Affleck doesn't look like a Jack Ryan, but they got a much worse John Clark. I'm mean Liev Schriber as a ruthless assassin??? :huh:

Edited by >EXO<

Throw me in with JSA and EXO... I've been rooting for Clive Owen to take over since Croupier... and those kickass "the Driver" short films for BMW.

The real problem with Bond is... (big surprise coming, consider I ALWAYS say this about speculative movies)... the directors they use. Each movie has been worse than the one before it. The stories are all based around set designs and stunts and explosions... there's just not a single ounce of suave, tense, kickass spy action anymore. He's not Rambo, dammit - he's Bond!

They need to quit using these studio hacks and go with someone younger... or at the very least someone better. Spending all your money on Halle Berry and hiring a cheapass commerical director is no way to budget a great franchise.

As for Jude Law, I think he'd probably make a very good Bond... with a good script and a good director. Bond is supposed to be able to make ladies' swoon as well as execute a good karate chop to a henchman.

And Jude Law makes my g/f go nutty. Seriously nutty.

I just hope they realize that Brosnan's (or any actor, except maybe Dalton) not the problem, the problem is the stories they choose to tell and how they tell it.

Just kill the franchise. No matter how many times you do it... changing 1 actor won't make a movie good.

Unless they get their act together and make a Bond movie that is worth that name, putting some random swave girlish man on screen won't make ppl enjoy the movie.

And please..... let they choose some decent Bond girl next time. <_<

Just kill the franchise. No matter how many times you do it... changing 1 actor won't make a movie good.

Unless they get their act together and make a Bond movie that is worth that name, putting some random swave girlish man on screen won't make ppl enjoy the movie.

And please..... let they choose some decent Bond girl next time. <_<

I agree... but I don't see any reason to kill the franchise. One good movie would make it worth watching again... mainly because there's no real continuity, unlike Star Trek, which really, really, really needed to be put down like Old Yeller.

As for a decent Bond girl... here's an idea - why not cast a beautfiul exotic woman that we haven't seen a bazillion times before? The Bond girl should never be a "co-star", but instead a prop, really. My favorite Bond girl, the one in From Russia With Love, was a former Miss Rome, who had to have all of her lines redubbed because she no spoke-a the English. That's a Bond girl, dammit.

It worked for all the great Bond movies. Why they started to court "famous" Bond girls really just shows how far the films have fallen. They didn't used to have to wager in the "star power" of a Bond girl to get people's asses in the theater.

T .... Mr. T

The last I heard, he was too busy fighting C.A.N.C.E.R. to battle the forces of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

I thought he beat it a couple years ago, anywho

Vin Diesel, FN he should be making rap videos

Farrow?? Maybe

Law?? Good actor, but i dont think it suits him