Zentradi Glaug Booster 1/100

robokochan

Hello all,

I just posted this in the For Sale section...but I had many requests to put a thread up here about it. After almost 10 months we finally got the Glaug Booster finished. I was inspired to make this kit after watching MACROSS (TV Series) for the millionth time. I found myself asking - Why there were so few enemy mecha models. And then i saw it...the Galug with a Booster on it. I thought wouldn't that be cool if there was a model kit of this. So I started building. At first I was going to shoot for 1/72 scale and make the entire thing out of resin. Then I realized how big and costly it would be to make it so I finally decided on 1/100. Plus we had already made a 1/100 Fighter Pod, so the two would compliment each other nicely.

To build the frist one it took me only about a month and a half. But that poor beast met with disaster as it was destroyed just as it was about to be finished. So I started again from scratch. Did a few design changes. This one was going to be made entirely out of resin, including the Glaug itself. Ran into a problem with the arm cannons being able to stay up. Unfortunately the second one met with the same fate as the first when it was knocked off a table and broke into a million pieces. Well actually about 10. So that one was scrapped as well.

The final attempt, which is the creation I am showing you now. It was mostly NOT built by me. But the guy who added the finishing touches on the frist Fighter Pod and completely re-designed the Version 2 Fighter pod which was BW approved and sold at WF in Japan. I did however make the main Body of this, but he added the detail and fixed all of my problems.

We decided to go against making the Glaug in resin for the following reasons. To save on resin, reducing the price. And to finish it as soon as possible.

Without further wait here are the pics. I will take more once the m,olds are completely finished and I have a set of pieces to show.

I started painting it with a brush. It isn't that great and basically all it has on it is base coat and the primer. Please be gentle! BTW I will be submitting this for approval for Summer Wonder Festival 2004. Hopefully I can get this one licensed as well. ;)

g1.JPG

g2.JPG

Top View of the Pod

g4.JPG

The Bottom Detail

g3.JPG

The Rear Thurster

g4a.JPG

Without the Bandai 1/100 Glaug Kit

Basically what you need to make this kit is a Bandai 1/100 Scale Model kit. Yes it does need to be assembled and painted. Comes in about 17 pieces. We tried to add as much detail as possible. Unfortunately I do not have decals for this beast, but hopefully soon I will.

Maybe I could talk WMCheng into painting one for me. :) What do you think?

Please give me your thoughts on this. And thank you for letting me post this ;)

As soon as I get some more pics taken I will post them.

Rob MN

Guess I'm gonna have to break down and buy this thing in 1/100 scale since this thing aint ever gonna be made in 1/72.

Damn I keep breaking my 1/72 rule, I'm doomed, DOOMED!

• 3 weeks later...

Man oh man!!! I just got mine...and WOW! What a cool cool kit. I dont have the time to write a proper review till midweek...but let me just prime everyone by saying this is an excellent kit. It's big...details are sharp, and it's cool. Im going to pull out a Glaug Model. and start snapping some pictures when i get some good sun.

Excellent work MN!!! THANK YOU!

(As an aside...for those of you who have not seen the new and improved Gnerl Pod....also excellent work! New details, cool packaging...Ill probably review that too )

Anyone have a screen cap of the Glaug booster? The only color picture I can find has a gray booster similar in color to the arm cannons.

I was able to find this on Super Plastic Model Manual vol 2.

Hope this helps.

to177

post-3-1080802615_thumb.jpg

Yeah seems like you could make some resin mod parts to stick to a standard regult to make the change instead of coming up with a whole model. I wonder if that would work.

You know what else would be great is a light and heavy missile mod for the regults, now I know that would work. That's what they did with the 1/100's. Talk about quick and easy, can't believe no one has done this yet.

Edited by Grayson72

• 4 years later...