Star Wars OT DVD

Anubis

Some possible boxes have leaked out for the OT DVD release. 3 designs so far. I don't know if they will have multiple versions when it comes out, or if they are still deciding on the box styling. It would be pretty cool if they did release different boxes, to suit different fans, kind of like what we're doing with the Paul Champagne SDF Macross boxes.

The Final Battle.

post-26-1078333814_thumb.jpg

Imperial. I like this one the best so far.

post-26-1078333858_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Light Side/Dark Side

post-26-1078333903_thumb.jpg

I hate them all. They should use the original movie posters.

They should only use the original movie posters (which there were many different varities anyway) when and if they EVER release the original trilogy in it's theatrical form.

Of the designs above, I'm partial to the Vader head. Man, that light side vs. dark side is poo, though. That looks like something I'd see on a crappy lunchbox.

I hate them all.  They should use the original movie posters.

Yeah, I also think the posters should be on there,

but there probably waiting to use those when they release the original versions on DVD after Ep. III. ;) ('cuz you know they will, although no one will admit it. :p )

As far as the above are concerned, you know they're going to flood the shelves with multiple versions to squeeze what they can from the "gotta-have-all-SW-stuff" croud. Which leaves a bunch of choices for us common-folk. :D

Edited by GRAND CANNON

Yeah, it would suit Lucas to make each version of the Box come with different special features on the discs within. :p

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Me suspects these be fakes argghhh :angry:

From The Digital Bits website...

(LATE UPDATE - 3/2/04 - 1:30 PM PST)

Afternoon, kids! We have a couple of things for you this afternoon.

First of all, we've spoken with those in the know (the right people, you'll have to trust us on this) and have learned that the Star Wars DVD box art that's been circulating around lately is "work in progress" ONLY stuff that should NEVER have leaked on the Net. These are apparently very early concepts - stuff that we weren't meant to see - and the final packaging is likely to be quite different. This kind of thing happens all the time - that a company working on marketing designs for packaging, or even poster or cover art, will do many, many different concepts as they hone in on the final design. So while these packages are sort of the real deal, they're really not if you get our meaning. Anyway, that's the unofficially official word - take it as you will. We will, of course, post the final box art as soon as it's released by Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox.

Yeah the Vader head looks the best (reminds me of the first Special Edition VHS release) but I like the Light vs Dark, too, kinda...

I'm imagining these coming out will match the Ep I and Ep II DVDs (at least on the "spine" edge so they all look the same on a shelf - I'll chuck the box in the closet or something)...

I figued it was still in the "in-progress" stage, but for in work, they look pretty good so far. The final product should be pretty sweet.

I hate them all.  They should use the original movie posters.

They should only use the original movie posters (which there were many different varities anyway) when and if they EVER release the original trilogy in it's theatrical form.

True, but I doubt that will evar happen.

I like the Darth Vader set, but I really liked the Special Edition posters. THe original film posters are great too, but I think the SE posters would work much better for an updated original trilogy boxed set. As as fate would have it, the DVD release is the SE versions of the films :(

taken into context i feel as though the series is about vader. having said that i'm sick of seeing vader all the time.

the star destroyer box is boring

the light/good side i kind of like b/c it has some colour and light sabers. the green colouring though makes it look like an Aliens boxset, and i dont recall a purple saber in the OT.

I actually have to agree with Ladi's interpretation of the story. Star Wars has a lot going on, but the primary focus of the entire story is, and has been since at least Empire Strikes Back, been about Anakin/Vader's rise, fall, and redemption. In the original trilogy alone, Vader is pretty much the sole protagonist of the movies. He does stuff, everyone else reacts. He's most definitely the main protagonist. No other character moves the stories along as much as Vader.

Orson Scott Card even mentions this in his book about writing science fiction and fantasy which was written before the prequels were out.

Out of the ones shown here the Imperial/ISD looks cool.

I for one would second the use of the Special Edition posters as covers for the individual cases. More than likely the released versions will be SE and the use of the SE posters would be well suited. That, and it won't be stomping around in the sensitive area of using original theatrical artwork with the SE versions.

I liked the artwork of whomever made those pictures and it was the same guy who did the Eps. I/II posters. Not to mention the Indiana Jones DVD set artwork. Man did this guy have some prolific stuff...

I liked the artwork of whomever made those pictures and it was the same guy who did the Eps. I/II posters. Not to mention the Indiana Jones DVD set artwork. Man did this guy have some prolific stuff...

That would be Drew Struzan, who's also a veteran of the Original Trilogy. Sadly, in todays world of generic photoshop posters his talents aren't in demand any longer. :(

I like the Light/Dark side ones.

ew.... but what can I expect of someone who prefers Eva 2 to Eva 1. :p

I, personally, would love it if the art on ESB is "vintage"... ideally, I'd love it if they used the art that I used to have on my twin bed sheets when I was 10.

Brown Yoda!

post-26-1078419430.jpg

I, personally, would love it if the art on ESB is "vintage"... ideally, I'd love it if they used the art that I used to have on my twin bed sheets when I was 10.

Brown Yoda!

Is yoda pink on those sheets? :huh::lol:

Brown Yoda!

Eeew?!

Your bedsheets are just further evidence that you have no taste. :p

Heh heh... I had those. My brother still has his set....

Also had the ST:TOS sheets and stuff....

Drew Struzan Poster Page (Fansite)

Well, ran the name of the artist and came up with this pretty good site that shows a good number of Struzan's work. The list of artwork the man has done is impressive as well as the quality.

I still say the re-release of the DVD's should be his SE images for the individual cases. For the box itself, well hell, let the man make another design!

Brown Yoda!

Is yoda pink on those sheets? :huh::lol:

I remember quite clearly that Yoda was a weird mix of reddish brown that usually faded into pink after years of washing. As a kid I went "what the hell?", but a brother's got to sleep on something.

Don't blame me, Max... my mom bought them.

Oh, who am I kidding? I loved those damn sheets. :lol:

I had transformers sheets as a kid.

• 3 weeks later...