Area I met a Guy at Comic Con on the shuttle Bus who says he works for Disney in the Live Action Dpt and knows all about PR SPD. Aparently Dauggie Kruger will be animatronic and not just a Guy in a Suit. and they also want to influence Sentai Shows in Japan. Kinda like what SD Gundam was. A Coperation between US adn the rising Sun.

• 3 weeks later...

And now a wrap-up on the recent fansubbed episodes of Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger:

Episode 11: Pride Sniper 「プライド・スナイパー」

An alien ship crashes in the city and the SPD are sent to investigate. Houji finds out that the pilot is Vino, his old friend from the academy. Unfortunately, Houji doesn't know that Vino has left the force to become an Alienizer.

Episode 12: Babysitter Syndrome 「ベビーシッター・シンドローム」

When a space pod crashes near the city, our heroes rush to the scene to find a giant alien baby in it. Until the baby's parents are located, Umeko-chan is assigned to babysit her. However, an Alienizer is out to capture the baby for his own personal profit.

Episode 13: High Noon Dogfight 「ハイヌーン・ドッグファイト」

When Swan-san is kidnapped and an Alienizer plots a scheme to destroy the city, Dekamaster comes out of retirement to take care of business - Doggie-style.

Episode 14: Please, Boss 「プリーズ・ボス」

Doggie shows that even at his age, he can still defeat all five members of Dekaranger in three seconds. He tells them that he'll help them whenever they're in a pinch. But when an Alienizer proves too powerful for the team, Doggie just stands there to watch.

Next time on Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger

Episode 15: Android Girl 「アンドロイド・ガール」 - Sen falls in love while Dekabase rolls out for combat.

• 3 months later...

Toys 'R' Us, Target and Wal-Mart now have Power Rangers SPD toys in stock, and they're going fast - even if the buyers haven't heard of Dekaranger. Here's what's available:

- SPD Morpher (SP License)

- SPD Delta Blaster (D-Magnum)

- Deluxe 12" Action Figures

- Deluxe Battlized Red Ranger

- Light Patrol Action Figures

- Battlized Action Figures

- Delta Bikes

The first two toys are based on the original Japanese ones released by Bandai. All others are exclusively made for the Power Rangers SPD series.

Episode 13: High Noon Dogfight 「ハイヌーン・ドッグファイト」

When Swan-san is kidnapped and an Alienizer plots a scheme to destroy the city, Dekamaster comes out of retirement to take care of business - Doggie-style.

"Doggie style"

Uh huh...is this Sentai or Hentai? :p

Graham

Toys 'R' Us, Target and Wal-Mart now have Power Rangers SPD toys in stock, and they're going fast - even if the buyers haven't heard of Dekaranger. Here's what's available:

- SPD Morpher (SP License)

- SPD Delta Blaster (D-Magnum)

- Deluxe 12" Action Figures

- Deluxe Battlized Red Ranger

- Light Patrol Action Figures

- Battlized Action Figures

- Delta Bikes

The first two toys are based on the original Japanese ones released by Bandai. All others are exclusively made for the Power Rangers SPD series.

Hmmm...so at least the SP License and D-Magnum are out in NA. Can't wait to see what they call the D-Sword Vega or Murphy. What's the price on those items?

No Dekamachines yet? I've been stalling on the Machine Husky, Bull and Doberman but if they're going back to use that stupid Bike formula instead of police cruisers..... Here's to hoping that Dekabase and Dekawing show up without alterations. Those are the two I need.

Fansubs are up to 20 and the Raw are at 42.

Hmmm...so at least the SP License and D-Magnum are out in NA. Can't wait to see what they call the D-Sword Vega or Murphy. What's the price on those items?

No Dekamachines yet? I've been stalling on the Machine Husky, Bull and Doberman but if they're going back to use that stupid Bike formula instead of police cruisers..... Here's to hoping that Dekabase and Dekawing show up without alterations. Those are the two I need.

Apparently, Murphy will be known as "R.I.C." (Robotic Interactive Canine). :angry: The SP License goes for $9.99 while the D-Magnum goes for $17.99. Unfortunately, the US version of the SP License has only two modes instead of three.

And yeah, Disney and Bandai suck for not bringing in the Dekavehicles.

• 1 month later...
Well folks, I never thought Bandai would release it here, but they actually did. The Deluxe Delta Megazord (DX Dekaranger Robo) is now available at Toys 'R' Us for $39.99.

Should I feel cheated for spending $85 for the import? Maybe...

To tell you the truth, I would feel jipped. Got an email from a friend who owns both, and he said he would have waited out if he found out earlier that the US version will have the lights and sounds of the JP version.

And why wouldn't you think Bandai wouldn't release the DX Delta Squad Megazord? Bandai has always released the DX versions of the main giant robots (Megazords) to the US. I'm more suprised that they kept the lights and sounds than them actually releasing it.

I'm gettin this today. No doubt. And if you find a page that compares the two versions, please let us know A7.

Edited by JRock

Well, Power Rangers SPD premiered this morning. And it's a major travesty. Here's a breakdown of what's wrong with the show:

Characters

One of Dekaranger's strongest points is its characters. You have your hothead (Ban), your stuck-up hero (Houji), your lazy guy (Sen), your mysterious psychic (Jasmine) and your bath-loving girl (Umeko). The PR-SPD rangers practically have no character at all.

And why does Doggie Kruger look like a lizard?!?

Technical Highlights

The SP License is severely dumbed-down in PR-SPD to impose judgment on petty criminals and trap them in a card (so now it's PR does Yu-Gi-Oh!. Lame.). The SPD uniforms, while more professional-looking, lack color. The police sirens sound weak compared to the ones in Dekaranger.

Unlike in Dekaranger, the aliens on Earth don't disguise themselves as humans. And these Rangers are pretty weak, considering how they fight the Krybots (Anaroids).

Action Highlights

Dekaranger was never a kung-fu show. Unfortunately, Disney treats the show like so.

The Bottom Line

PR-SPD may be better than most PR shows, but even the worst sentai show (whichever it is) is still better.

Well the only differences between Dekaranger Robo and PR SPD Megazord that I've read is that the helmet fins are shorter on the PR and that the silver paint that's painted around the LED's that make it brighter are missing.

Oh and Dekawing Robo is the bomb! Same sounds as DekaRobo but it turns into a gun and the limbs are interchangable with DekaRobo.

Now I'm only missing DekaBase but I'll wait for the PR version since this box for this item is HUGE. I ain't willing to pay shipping for this sucker. :p

Oh and abit about SPD Delta (you may have read this on another forum)

Here are some details on the S.P.D. Series!

The Levels Of A Ranger At The Academy

Level D: New inductees. These are elite teens who have shown great promise scholastically and physically.

Level C: Graduates from D Level, who begin to train in the specialized art of being a Ranger.

Level B: Here they are groomed to be a team and handle low-level security breaches and non-threatening disturbances.

Level A: The best of the best, the students who make it to A Level will become an elite Power Ranger.

S.P.D. HQ Details

Common Room: Where the Rangers relax, watch TV, play video games and ping-pong.

Command Room: Where the entire operation is run. In here are the video screens, vehicle access tubes and briefing area.

The Lab: This is where Kat creates new tools-of-the-trade for the Rangers.

Most of you probably read this elsewhere already but here it is again.

a new power : POWER RANGERS SPD (Space Patrol delta)

13TH INCARNATION OF "POWER RANGERS" GOES INSIDE THEIR TRAINING ACADEMY AND ON INTERGALACTIC ASSIGNMENTS IN "POWER RANGERS: SPACE PATROL DELTA," THE NEWEST SERIES IN THE #1 GLOBAL ACTION/ADVENTURE FRANCHISE

BURBANK, November 16, 2004 . . . Production has begun on the 13th edition of the world's most popular kids' action/adventure franchise, "Power Rangers," and this season, the futuristic stories are set in outer space and on Planet Earth at the SPD Academy where both humans and aliens train to become the newest generation of mighty morphing Power Rangers. Featuring seven new Power Rangers including an alien life force, "Power Rangers: Space Patrol Delta" premieres in February 2005 during the JETIX programming block seen mornings on ABC Family and evenings on Toon Disney.

Bruce Kalish ("The Famous Jett Jackson") and Greg Aronowitz join as executive producers. Koichi Sakamoto also serves as executive producer and Sally Campbell has been named producer.

With a reach far greater than any other kids TV franchise, "Power Rangers" is seen on two basic cable networks and one broadcast network in 21 timeslots (mornings and evenings) each week. It is also seen in 140 countries around the world. Off TV, "Power Rangers" dominates as the perennial favorite among boys with action figures and toys that, since 1993, continue to top the charts as the number one action figure brand. "Power Rangers" also span across multiple categories of consumer products including home videos/DVD titles, publishing, interactive and apparel and Power Rangers characters are also at Disney MGM theme park in Orlando.

All iterations of "Power Rangers" feature adventure, action, comedy and drama while teaching valuable lessons about the importance of working as a team. Stories are accented by the heroes' extraordinary powers, martial arts, acrobatics, special effects and relatable young characters that, in addition to the growing pains most regular teenagers face, must work to triumph over evil.

Viewers of the finale episode of "Power Rangers DinoThunder" will get a special sneak peak of "Power Rangers Space Patrol Delta." The "Power Rangers DinoThunder" finale premieres during JETIX on ABC Family SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20 (8:30 a.m., ET/PT), and during JETIX on Toon Disney SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21 (7:30 p.m., ET/PT).

"Power Rangers: Space Patrol Delta" launches with three protagonists: Bridge Carson, the Green Power Ranger; Schuyler "Sky" Tate, the Blue Power Ranger; and Sydney "Syd" Drew, the Pink Power Ranger. Before long, they are joined by rebellious teens Jack Landors, the Red Power Ranger and Elizabeth "Z" Delgado, the Yellow Power Ranger. Later in the storyline, a Black Power Ranger joins the team and for the first time ever, an alien life force joins as the White Power Ranger. For now, Jack, Z, Bridge, Sky and Syd are the second-tier prospects, or "B Squad", at the elite SPD Academy which boasts state-of-the-art facilities and the best instructors to mentally and physically train prospective Power Rangers. Their acquired knowledge is tested regularly when they back up the elite "A Squad" Power Rangers.

When the "A Squad" Power Rangers are captured during an outer space mission, the "B Squad" Power Rangers are called up to protect Earth despite the great discord brewing among them. The "B Squad" Power Rangers each have an amazing attribute that sets them apart: Bridge, the Green Power Ranger, has psychic tracking abilities; Sky, the Blue Power Ranger, can create invisible force fields with his mind; and Syd, the Pink Power Ranger, can turn her hands into any element she touches. Jack, the Red Power Ranger, can de-molecularize and pass through any object and Z, the Yellow Power Ranger, can duplicate herself.

Their commander is Anubis "Doggie" Cruger, an extraterrestrial who has physical characteristics of both a human and a dog. He was a onetime member of the Space Patrol Delta Squadron and is the sole survivor from his native star planet, Sirius, which was taken over by Troobian invaders and a devious warlord, Emperor Gruumm. Now, Anubis knows the danger that looms -- the Troobian's next target is Earth.

Among the other characters are Dr. Katherine "Kat" Manx, an alien with cat-like features who is in charge of all research and design for Power Rangers gadgets; her assistant Boom who was rejected by the academy; Robotic Interactive Canine (RIC), a robotic dog with a mission to defend and support the Power Rangers; 10-year-old bad seed Mora, the right-hand operative to Emperor Gruumm; Morgana, the adult counterpart to Mora; Omni, a Troobian creature who survives in an artificial environment and Piggy, a turncoat informant for the Power Rangers.

Starring are Brandon Jay McLaren as Jack/Red Power Ranger; Chris Violette as Sky/Blue Power Ranger; Matt Austin as Bridge/Green Power Ranger; Monica May as Z/Yellow Power Ranger; Alycia Purrott as Syd/Pink Power Ranger; John Tui as Anubis "Doggie" Cruger; Rene Naufahu as Emperor Gruumm; Michelle Langstone as Dr. Katherine 'Kat' Manx; Kelson Henderson as Boom and Barnie Duncan as Piggy.

"Power Rangers: Space Patrol Delta" is produced in studio and on location in Auckland, New Zealand. It is from Ranger Productions Ltd

Ugh. Just d/l'd and watched PR SPD and what a load of crap! Doggie Kruger doesn't look like a dog, he looks like a reptilian fish or something. Storyline...eh I can almost buy it but

a) the aliens/monsters look like rejects from Buffy. Rejects from the class-Z monsters.

b) the acting. God almighty, the acting sucks big ones.

c) Police? Hell, these guys are acting like their some sort of neo-mutant-X army. They're more like the mindless minions the Power rangers beat up then Power Rangers.

d) Murphy got turned into R.I.C. A cool robotic police canine with attitude turned into a dog and pony show dog.

I'll give it a few more eps but I'm not expecting much.

Thank god the final episode of Dekaranger(.raw) just came out today so I can burn PR SPD out of my mind. DEKARANGER FOREVER!!

Where did you download it from?

I like that they Power Ranger series has tried to keep connections with the past sereis. Tommy coming back and being the mentor in DinoThunder(still have to see the last three episodes, I missed them) and Conner saying his cousin was at the ninja training school in Ninja Storm and now this Blue Ranger being the son of the Jason from the first Power Ranger series.

Do the original Japanese versions of these series have these connections or is it just the US versions?

Do the original Japanese versions of these series have these connections or is it just the US versions?

The Super-Sentai shows have no relation to one another. Each year comes a new show, new theme, and a completely new set of ideas (okay, almost a new set of ideas...Magiranger-this year's show-once again takes on the family-based ranger group).

Edited by azrael

Oh and one more jab.

Doggie tells SPD BlueRanger that his dad(original PR red ranger Jason) was the best of the best red rangers. So is he saying that Tommy(green, white, red, black) is a wannabe?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I watched the episode again today. Though Sky mentions that his father was a Red Ranger, I didn't catch any mention of Jason being his father. So for now, I see no direct connection between PR-SPD and the first PR series.

The Super-Sentai shows have no relation to one another. Each year comes a new show, new theme, and a completely new set of ideas (okay, almost a new set of ideas...Magiranger-this year's show-once again takes on the family-based ranger group).

Of course, there's always the yearly crossover movie with the previous year's Sentai team.

Of course, there's always the yearly crossover movie with the previous year's Sentai team.

We usually don't count those (their mostly done for fun and money....okay mostly money) as they aren't part of the continuity, hence the reason I left it out of my earlier statement.

What a great ending!

I won't spoil the ending but I'm hoping there's a sidestory or something about the remaining Earth Dekarangers or FireSquad.

Anda tribute page too.

http://www.toei.co.jp/tv/user/program/read...and=Old&SID=196

plus some images of the deka introduction to Magiranger.

http://www.thai-toku.com/cgi-bin/Y1Gold/tc...&num=1107658283

post-26-1107746984_thumb.jpg

Well Earth Dekarangers stayed the same throughout most of this series. It's only in the last few episodes(last story arc) that this changed.

Of course Dekarangers from other planets did die in this series, or so we were told....

Anyways saying anything more would be a spoiler. ;)

remaining ?

You mean some of them died in the series?

no no no no.....

(Spoiler, Highlight to read)

Ban got selected for the FireSquad so he left the group at the end of the show, obviously.

That's more of the last days of filming (Toei's site, no less). On the last day of that an actor/actress needs to shot scenes the cast/crew normally present the actors with a bouquet of flowers. Some of the more interesting shots are the ones with the actors in the sentai suits. Looks like they got a chance to do their final action sequences in the suit. That rarely happens.

Edited by azrael

Ah I see thanks.

I've always wondered and not sure if I ever asked this but between the original Japanese version and the US Power Ranger versions, which version tends to have the better presentation when it comes to locations, special effects, and filming?

I know the Power Ranger versions always seem to take place outdoors in a lot of light and move between several locations. The clips I've seen from some of the Japanese versions of the shows, the areas were at night or just a little dark. Then again it could just been the clips I've seen from time to time.

I've always wondered and not sure if I ever asked this but between the original Japanese version and the US Power Ranger versions, which version tends to have the better presentation when it comes to locations, special effects, and filming?

From what I've seen, neither is any better than the other yet neither gain any ground above the other. In an episode of Dekaranger, the scene takes place in a relative tall building area and yet there is an industrial area virtually next door ( reference episode 23 of Dekaranger). It appears awkward. At times, there are also some effects in PR that don't quite work and appear awkward (a few instances of PR: Ninja Storm come to mind, but I'll have to dig for those scenes). So their roughly even in my book. If there are bad shots in PR I can spot, then there are bad shots in any Sentai series that I can find so that kinda justifies my take on that.

Caught the Power Rangers: SPD episodes on Toon Disney tonight. The first two episodes. Acting needs work but that might improve as time goes on. Still, don't really like the blue, green, and pink ranger that much. The red and yellow rangers aren't that bad though. Though I don't really like it when they start adding aliens to the shows. I've always found the different series more enjoyable where the setting is more like present day. Like Dino Thunder, Ninja Storm, or the series with Mighty Morphen characters. Things like Time Force and Lightspeed Rescue not so much, didn't enjoy those shows at all.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's somewhat of a shocker: this August, Toei will re-dub Power Rangers S.P.D. in Japanese and broadcast it on the Toei Channel. The big kicker is that the original Dekaranger cast will be dubbing their American counterparts. Rie Tanaka (Chii in Chobits, Lacus Clyne in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED) will do the Japanese voice of Katherine "Kat" Manx while Mako Ishino - who played Swan-san in Dekaranger - will do the opening narration.

One must wonder why only now does Toei do this, as the show is over six years old.

パワーレンジャー・S.P.D. Edited by areaseven

Here's somewhat of a shocker: this August, Toei will re-dub Power Rangers S.P.D. in Japanese and broadcast it on the Toei Channel. The big kicker is that the original Dekaranger cast will be dubbing their American counterparts. Rie Tanaka (Chii in Chobits, Lacus Clyne in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED) will do the Japanese voice of Katherine "Kat" Manx while Mako Ishino - who played Swan-san in Dekaranger - will do the opening narration.

One must wonder why only now does Toei do this, as the show is over six years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrjjWi001Ac

パワーレンジャー・S.P.D.

to which...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2MPEYU1XkI&feature=related

minipla11.jpg

Minipla Tokusou Busou Blast Buggy (特捜武装ブラストバギー)

Bandai, 2004

Made in Japan; 2007 reissue made in China

minipla12.jpg

Contents

Blast Buggy

Ramune-flavored candy

minipla13.jpg

In Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger The Movie: Full Blast Action, the Dekarangers travel to the ravaged planet Leslie to battle the Alienizer criminal Volger. But when Volger's Killer Tank is about to destroy Dekaranger Robo, Deka Break barges in with the Blast Buggy and combines with Dekaranger Robo to form Dekaranger Robo Full Blast Custom.

Like its DX counterpart, this kit serves as a Tokusou Busou (Special Investigation Armament) add-on to the Minipla Dekaranger Robo. unfortunately, it is a huge letdown if you don't have Dekaranger Robo. Blast Buggy's parts are molded in black, white and clear red - and white is never used on the film model. This means you have to use a lot of silver paint to make it screen-accurate. Also, because of the small number of parts, the completed kit looks and feels very hollow.

minipla16.jpg

Blast Buggy consists of two components: the buggy itself and the foldable Blast Launcher. But this is how it should be displayed.

"Tokusou Busou!"

minipla18.jpg

"Build Up! Dekaranger Robo Full Blast Custom!"

minipla19.jpg

minipla20.jpg

The buggy transforms into the Blast Shield, which has a retractable blade that Dekaranger Robo can use to plant the shield to the ground while executing the Spinning Blast attack. The instruction manual says that the Blast Launcher should be held upright like a bazooka, but in the movie, Dekaranger Robo holds it upside down - either because of a weight issue or it just looks cooler.

minipla21.jpg

minipla22.jpg

For the Full Blast Custom's finisher, Dekaranger Robo places the Blast Shield on the ground as a balancing mount for the Blast Launcher to execute the Full Blast Launcher, which is powerful enough to take down an entire row of Kaijuuki units.

In short, this kit is useless without Dekaranger Robo, but once combined, Dekaranger Robo Full Blast Custom just looks sweet.

"GOT YOU!"

Detail: C

Features: B-

Articulation: C-

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...