Saint Seiya Saint Cloth Myth

Golgoth 13

i have up to the Asgard arc so far, and dont mind it, though it can be a bit painful at times. Plus the sub i have is a hong kong one, so it's a bit....well, frustrating.

And yeah mention the armour. Seiya v3 was the first one i bought, and i knew nothing of the show, I just love magic armour and thought the toy looked cool. Ive since nearly finished getting every figure released. And for me the main hook as that diecast amrour; it adds such heft and weight to the figure, and really takes it up a notch in my estimation.

i did some reviews on an Aussie toy site, but they got hacked and lost everything. If it ever gets fixed Ill try n find it, should u be curious.

Very nice review, Atomski! Awesome use of pictures, you really showed of Beta Hagen really well.

In future reviews when/if you review the older figures in the Saint Cloth Myth line, you can point out the evolution of the figures and the armors. Since, the early figures had slightly less poseable bodies, the face sculpts were kind of meh, and there were a lot more QC problems. When the face sculpts started improving a lot (towards Gold Saint Scorpio Milo), the QC was already getting to be pretty good, and the way the armor was integrated on the figures was getting a lot nicer with less skin showing between the armguards and the armor just fitting nicer.

Gemini Saga is one of the nicest (if not THE nicest) figure of the twelve Gold Saints (thirteen if you put the Aries Cloth on Surplice Aries Shion or Pope Shion). And Taurus Aldebaran is interesting because he is the brute squad. A really massive figure.

thanks for the feedback. :) Well I will be doing Final version Pegasus Seiya as well as his Appendix later this month but Gemini is very much on my short list. Think the advertiser also wants to send me several of the limited figures for next month as well. So stay tuned. :)

i have up to the Asgard arc so far, and dont mind it, though it can be a bit painful at times. Plus the sub i have is a hong kong one, so it's a bit....well, frustrating.

And yeah mention the armour. Seiya v3 was the first one i bought, and i knew nothing of the show, I just love magic armour and thought the toy looked cool. Ive since nearly finished getting every figure released. And for me the main hook as that diecast amrour; it adds such heft and weight to the figure, and really takes it up a notch in my estimation.

i did some reviews on an Aussie toy site, but they got hacked and lost everything. If it ever gets fixed Ill try n find it, should u be curious.

Sure thing. :) I'd love to see what you did . :)

I want to buy a Capricorn Shura Myth cloth, are there different version of the figure? i been checking ebay and i think i have seen a Bandai Japan and Bandai Asia versions.

There's the Japanese release, HK release, and international release. It's all the same minus the sticker that the Japanese ones get. Just make sure you're not getting some bootleg version that says "knights of the zodiac" on it (there were bootlegs of the 1st five bronze saints, dunno if they did Gold Saints).

So far there hasn't been an appendix Capricorn Shura bust, nor a Surplice version Shura. :(

Hopefully with the current release they fixed his eyes, because on the initial release he was cross-eyed. I wound up buying some decals off of Yahoo Japan to fix his eyes since my painting skills are lacking.

I don't remember what the details were but it's going to cost closer to a Yamato valkyrie than the normal myth cloth figures. I think it's supposed to be plated in real gold, hence the high price.

Sucks to hear that about your Hagen. :(

ya, I'm trying to secure a gold seiya...I dont' mind it's that price...and it is because it's plated in real gold i think. that piece is going to be awesome!

also, did anybody get the 5 pack of bronze saints? I would have definitely picked that up if they had the newer head sculpts...but now I'm not so sure about it.

not gonna promote one country version over another, but just so you guys know there are certain differences.

such as the 'european' ver as i was told, compared to the 'normal' version - toy safety :wacko: lucky i got the sharp version.

comparealphapa9.jpg

another one is the first issue versus the more recent re-issues. this is esp so for gold saints - notice the gold saint prices have dropped alot, but so did the quality.

the newer re-issues are really quite bad in QC. notice esp the metal parts are very shabbily done. the chest armor doesn't reflect well enough (in fact all metal parts dont reflect well), the leg armor u can see the horrible mold line. you can see it from these comparison pics i have taken. i guess these products have been re-issued too many times, or the factory folks/QC inspectors lower their standards.

Pics 1 & 2 - the one worn on the figure is the old one, while the new one i placed it on the table top. notice the old ver, you can see my black camera clearly - it's like a mirror? hehe notice the blurred reflection of the "new" myth cloth.

compare2gs4.th.jpg compare1su5.th.jpg

Pic 3 - I took off one of the leg armors (coz lazy to take off the chest armor lol), see it for yourself. Left leg armor is the old "first release" while the right one is the newly bought one.

compare3es2.th.jpg

I've seen for myself Sagi, Virgo, Aquarius, Capricorn re-issues have similar problems. i think Leo is the same. If well-kept, first issue Capricorn should have good quality finishing on the metal parts, however, there is a problem with the eyes LOL - cross-eyed. it was fixed in re-issues.

I'm NOT saying only jp ver or only first release is better/best. I'm just saying that there are great differences even in the same product, so you better examine it yourself before buying, unless u don't mind the poor quality for the much lower price.

Price vs Quality. Gotta decide yourself, and examine it personally.

Edited by Shun

Huh. Never noticed that when they were still releasing the Gold Saints in France. Then again they hadn't released anything really spiky yet. I never noticed a difference between the Japanese release Capricorn Shura and the French release, other than extra stickers on the box, the figure and Cloth were the same on shininess and quality. Both had crossed eyes... :(

But it has been a while since I bought one of the European release Myth Cloth figures.

ya, I'm trying to secure a gold seiya...I dont' mind it's that price...and it is because it's plated in real gold i think. that piece is going to be awesome!

also, did anybody get the 5 pack of bronze saints? I would have definitely picked that up if they had the newer head sculpts...but now I'm not so sure about it.

Looks like Angolz.com is offering the 24k gold Seiya for preorder.

I hate Crystal Saint and even more so than him, the Steel Saints. I do admit that Bandai did do a fantastic job on Crystal Saint's myth cloth figure from the pics I did see. I just don't like the character. :p Like the seiyuu, but not the character.

The character is easier to justify than the steel saints, especially if u know your constallations ;) WHile there is no Crystal, there IS a Wheel. Specifically the wheel of a ship (The name eludes me now). now if u assume that not all of the constellations named by man are correct, then the wheel could easily be the Crystal star that gives the Saint his power.

At leats thats my justification! :p

I didnt mind him in the anime actually. i can see why fans wouldnt like him, but I dug the armour and character.

If bandai does some Myth Cloth figures of the Saint Seiya Lost Canvas characters with faces in the style of that artist, I will be very happy and buy them, even the Gold Saints I have from the original series. Definitely need a Yuzuriha figure.

yeah i need to grab rythmandius and Minos. Next payday maybe. For now i have Krishna and Hagen on the way.

While i dont mind the art style of Lost canvas, i havent read it (No English Translations that I can find) and Im also a bit confused: Why is Tenma wearing Seiyas V3 armour? Heck even at the start he's wearing a hybrid of version 1 and 2....

My guess as to why Tenma's Pegasus Cloth is different is that either at the end of the last Holy War or sometime before this one, it got repaired with some strong person's blood. Not necessarily a Gold Saint, but my guess is a Silver.

After this Holy War, I'm guessing that when the Pegasus Bronze Cloth gets repaired, it's with weaker blood, hence the look it has as the beginning of the original manga.

It's cool. The artist of Lost Canvas basically lived and breathed Saint Seiya for years, doing doujinshi, using the pen-name "Marine Gold", and after years she's actually drawing out the series (story by Kurumada). I like the art of this series more than the original (blasphemy to some). It kicks the crap out of Okada's art for Saint Seiya G.

Rhadamanthys looks great, but he's even greater once you have his appendix (the original head sucks).

Yeah i know i know. its just my long lived not caring towards villains. I own vry few of ANY series, its just the way i am. i had stacks of Marvel legends ones and sold most of them off because i realise i didnt care that much about em.

i WILL get the Judges, I really will. Its just a lower priority. Ill get them and the 2 plain cloth appendixs at the same time probably.

...and i just ordered both Judges and Rythmandius's Appendix from Toywave :) So there u go, told ya Id do it eventually.

Also Hagen and Krishna arrived.

Hagen is so-so for me. While the armour isnt bad, especially the legs, I really dont like the haircut on the character. It just looks goofy. Also, the horse armour on his arm is a bitch to get on, and basically limits his articulation greatly. Whilst OK looking, and i love the concept behind that arm, it just doesnt clock for me. Overall, not bad but certainly not as good as Siegfried or Syd.

Krishna however is awesome. He looks great, the trident (Or lance or whatever) looks great, he poses well and his armour is awesome, and doesnt limit his motion to much. In fact I have no negatives: He's awesome. My fav Marina now actually. I AM curious as to why he comes with 2 necks.....

gotta agree with u, i like my Krishna ^_^ Siren Sorrento is also a very beautiful piece, these 2 are the better ones.

the longer neck is used when u put on the scale armor on Krishna. if u chose to pose him without the armor, u should use the shorter neck so it doesn't look so awkward ;) The bad thing about that trident is the 2nd half of it is plastic >.< why didn't they use the same material for both upper and lower parts?

Hagen's so-called 'hair' is horrible. some of us suspect that there are basically 2 groups of 'sculptors' or design teams. Asgard warriors Hagen and Sid are very obviously inferior in sculpt and design (almost same level as the very first 5 bronze?). They also work much more slower. One example is how back in Nov(?) the Seahorse was already displayed in one of those exhibitions, yet at that time we have not even seen any prototype Hagen pics at all, and Hagen was supposed to be released earlier.

BTW, Pegasus God Cloth planned for June release... and more Thanatos :wub:

superjump08_04_06godclothseiya.jpg

superjump08_04_05Thantos.jpg

pics: trevor from toysdaily