New Trailer for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

UN Spacy

... but I vowed never to play another FF game until that whole random battle thing was addressed...

Huh?

Random encounter, man.. you know.. walking around when an imp, a wizard, and a golem jump you...

... but I vowed never to play another FF game until that whole random battle thing was addressed...

Huh?

Random encounter, man.. you know.. walking around when an imp, a wizard, and a golem jump you...

I know what a random encounter is, but what about them? They weren't a problem in 1-6.

is it a movie or a game??

i was under the impression that it was a movie....so what the hell is it exactly??!! :unsure:

Its a movie. And from the other page, it looks like there's gonna be a new FF7 game...probably set during the younger days of the Shinra corporation.

Is there any way to watch the new trailer (#2) outside of the website? I wanna see the full sized vid but I'd rather not use streaming video. ;)

Tifa looks kick ass too. B))

Sweet.... Tifa looks so hot in that scene....

Always liked her better than Aerith anyway....

I guess the lot are still around... the website says that she is currently working at Seventh Heaven and watching after Marlene and the orphans.... says Barett is searching for a new type of energy to replace Makou.... doesn't say much about Vincent, but it does say that he has some idea of what is going on in the world. Just says that Cloud is off on his own in the world.

Nothing about Aerith.... or Yuffie, or Red, or Cid, or Cait Sith, etc, etc.

It does look good. Bet if they released this in theaters it'd do a lot better than cough...FF: The Spirits Within...

That's exactly what I think.

Regarding the video, did Tifa get slammed into the ground during that fight? The video froze 4-5 times on me, and it happened during that fight sequence.

Someone, please, just get me that download!

Its a movie. And from the other page, it looks like there's gonna be a new FF7 game...probably set during the younger days of the Shinra corporation.

Eh? So do you play as the Turks, or even as Rufus?

I wonder what they'll call it, Final Fantasy VII-0...

I thought it was pretty clear here in the past 2 pages....FFVII: Before Crisis.

aeris.jpg

now having seen the new trailer, i'm not impressed. they ditched all sence of style for un-inspired realistic characters. they dont' really look right to me.

Square made its most hard core fan base by useing fantasy characters in a fantasy world. why is it when they pour their money into somthing they go for hyper realistic, wich just totaly clashes with the over the top stuff they try to make the characters do.

i liked square better before they became a j-pop obbsessed graphics juggernaut that wants nothing more than to show off water effects and load as many particles onto the screen as possible.

i problably won't be happy untill yoshi amano is back incharge of concept.

it IS nice to see an homage to a game i really liked, its too bad they're doing it the way they are.

AMEN!

now having seen the new trailer, i'm not impressed.  they ditched all sence of style for un-inspired realistic characters.  they dont' really look right to me.

Square made its most hard core fan base by useing fantasy characters in a fantasy world.  why is it when they pour their money into somthing they go for hyper realistic,  wich just totaly clashes with the over the top stuff they try to make the characters do.

i liked square better before they became a j-pop obbsessed graphics juggernaut that wants nothing more than to show off water effects and load as many particles onto the screen as possible.

i problably won't be happy untill yoshi amano is back incharge of concept.

it IS nice to see an homage to a game i really liked, its too bad they're doing it the way they are.

AMEN!

So....since Final Fantasy IV then?

nah, VI was considered the last "real" final fantasy done in true "final fantasy style" before they went to the 3d games. I know it's just my own opinion, but FF died after VI.

Oh well, maybe the action in the movie will justify seeing it. I just don't think it's worthy of the Final Fantasy name.

Ever see The Spirits Within? Why they re-wrote the story I'll never know. All I do know is that maybe those two guys shouldn't have messes with HS' original story. Wonder how much was his and how much was theirs.

Is there any way to watch the new trailer (#2) outside of the website? I wanna see the full sized vid but I'd rather not use streaming video. ;)

Tifa looks kick ass too. B))

Here U.N.They have the video here :

FF7 Advent Children

You need need the latest Divx software to play it though.But it's a good screen size.Alot bigger then the one at square enix's site.

I'm curious if Zack is going to show up, since there was that part where Cloud sticks the Buster Sword into the ground outside Midgar and says "I'll live for your sake as well." That looked like the part where the Shinra guys gunned Zack down and left Cloud for dead. Maybe some Lifestream anomaly will give him a brief appearance.

nah, VI was considered the last "real" final fantasy done in true "final fantasy style" before they went to the 3d games. I know it's just my own opinion, but FF died after VI.

Oh well, maybe the action in the movie will justify seeing it. I just don't think it's worthy of the Final Fantasy name.

VI is considered the last "real" Final Fantasy and consider all later games fancy graphics with little substance only by those who got into the series with either Chrono Trigger (which brought a lot of people into the RPG genre who then picked up FFVI) or with VI itself. Those who had been into the series beforehand considered FF VI "all fancy graphics with little substance", complained about the weakly developed characters and whined that it was just a bunch of cinema sequences tied together with stunted gameplay. Eventually it's considered rather 'chic' to join the "oldschool" crowd and spit on anything newer. Eventually VII will stand on the pedastle. It already does with many RPG fans that got onboard with that particular game. Even the dwindling voice of those who laud FFIV as the greatest Final Fantasy are guilty of this way of thinking.

It's interesting to see these screenshots. Given what we know about the end of Final Fantasy VII, we can only assume that there's a lot of flashbacks to events that took place before and/or during the game's story.

Didn't Amano design the characters for FFIX? At least that one seemed to be a far departure from VII and VIII.

Amano did the character designs officially for Final Fantasy I-VI and IX. However, there's reason to believe that Square isn't entirely honest about Amano's involvement in all of the Final Fantasy games.

Officially, Nomura did the character designs for FF VII, VIII, and X. Yet there's a huge difference in the designs between VII and all the later games.

There's also Amano artwork for VII that is 'officially' reported as being done after the fact as promotional artwork only.

Then there's the fact that FF IX's characters were designed well before Amano was brought in on the project. I wish I still had the link, but the website I originally found the artwork at has long since closed it's doors. A good long while before FF IX was released, or Amano was brought on board, there was artwork of several key characters from the game. Afterwards, Amano was brought on board and "designed" the characters...characters that had already been designed. Funny, that.

Still, whether or not Amano designed the characters, the actual ingame designs we see were done by someone else. The same person that turned all of Amano's designs from the previous games into their sprite forms. I forget his name at the moment, but I rather love his work and think he, not Nomura, should be handling most of the FF design work for the main series. At the very least, he should have handled the online FFXI.

It's my belief that Amano did not design the FF IX characters, his involvement was entirely to promote the game with his name attached, since at the time a lot of people were less than happy with Nomura's designs.

I also believe it's entirely possible that the opposite situation occured with FF VII, that Amano designed the characters, Nomura redid them into sprite form, but Nomura was touted as the designer in light of Amnano's decision to leave Square, and Square wanted to make their new head character designer look as good as possible. Unlike the FFIX situation, there's no real proof of this happening. Just a possibility given that we did not hear of Amano leaving Square until after FF VII was already getting lots of attention.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Sorry to bump a very old thread but they've released yet another NEW promo (the first half is new clips of Tifa, Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, etc).

Torrent file HERE.

There's so much hype created over this movie that I'm afraid it will not live up to it. <_<

cloud and sephiroth sound like pansies....

Uhhh.....WTF? Seph doesn't even speak in the trailer, you're thinking of Kadaj the shoulder length hair dude who speaks to the guy in the wheelchair.

But I wouldn't say Cloud sounded like a pansy, just a miserable bastard :)