Early 2004 Winter projects

007-vf1

Ok...first pics in; the sun was great today...whadda you think?...

Just wanted to see if any , eeerrr coments... :p

I'll post the finished models here as well...

...stay tuned...

2 of them are already finished; all the others 90% except for the gerwalk which is half way..

I been working on them since mid November last year (not bad for a braking record "model in a month...")

*there are more pictures down

*pic 1

"Sempai is just a simple roll over...."

post-3-1076964841_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

-Eternal D; the ghost I got it from Monkey N auctions and is an original resin kit, cat's eyes and fan jet are the tanmen ones myerjessee got for us, they are also original resin kits and not that many were reproduced. The angel birds and gerwalk( coverted with a Bandai kit) are hasegawas

Grayson- I didn't take any before and after pics since is pretty much a standart build up. I did do some minors tweaks and I'll go in detail when is finished...

I should have them ready by next weekend I am working on them as I write this...

*pic2

close up of blue angels with Mac Zero pilot

post-3-1077052222_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

007-vf1, who makes the Racer kit? I have been looking FOREVER for one of those. Please, if someone has a link or a point of contact to get one of those... ;)

Thanks all, oh yeah, Great looking work!

VA

oh man you're too late...i just sold mine to jesse....about $30.00 plus s/h

007-vf1, who makes the Racer kit? I have been looking FOREVER for one of those. Please, if someone has a link or a point of contact to get one of those...  ;) 

VA

The kit is orginally made by Tanmen from Japan. The only place I knew they had it is hobbyfan and was in preorder status. I don't know when did they run out of stock.

hobbyfan fan racer

If they aren't going to get a new batch for sell ( you might want to email them and ask them) then I don't know where to get them. Tanmen might be the last resource but that's another story...a very long one. You might really want to browse through one of the top pinned topic on this forum "Official tanmen order thread" to find out more.

May be one of the guys who have one can get it recasted...

Edited by 007-vf1

VA

007-vf1, who makes the Racer kit? I have been looking FOREVER for one of those. Please, if someone has a link or a point of contact to get one of those...   ;) 

VA

I like the fanjet... but that Catseye OMG, its big and it looks just like the TV one... you got that as a resin kit? damn, I would so love to get one

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

heh that's a good one

Edited by Grayson72

007-vf1, who makes the Racer kit? I have been looking FOREVER for one of those. Please, if someone has a link or a point of contact to get one of those...  ;) 

VA

007-vf1, who makes the Racer kit? I have been looking FOREVER for one of those. Please, if someone has a link or a point of contact to get one of those...   ;) 

VA

VA

I like the fanjet... but that Catseye OMG, its big and it looks just like the TV one... you got that as a resin kit? damn, I would so love to get one

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

heh that's a good one

???

I didn't even notice the fan racer until other posts mentioned it. That's really cool though.

Just like everyone else said, that Cat's Eye is awesome and HUGE. Are there any pilots in that thing?

Funny thing is I thought he radome of the Cat's Eye was the base piece for the ghost. :lol:

CatsEye looks great!  I cant wait to see more!

Yeah so as that fan racer! Is that a Ghost X-9 at the back 007-vf1? I bet ya it was the easiest to build & paint among the rest?

Edited by Angel's Fury

CatsEye looks great!  I cant wait to see more!

Yeah so as that fan racer! Is that a Ghost X-9 at the back 007-vf1? I bet ya it was the easiest to build & paint among the rest?

yeap that's the fan racer. You'll see the first pic I posted over the other ones...

the ghost was indeed the easiest one to build and paint...

*pic 3

Ghost fromMac plus

post-3-1077052297_thumb.gif

Edited by 007-vf1

• 3 months later...

WOW SUPER JOBS! Hey do you have any tips on buildup? I have a fan racer, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to paint in the area around the fan. there's not a whole lot of space. Please share! The one thing that people have suggested and I'm now becoming very tempted to do, is to take it apart and paint them individually and then put it back together. But that would require some major surgery. Also, what kind of paints did you use and what did you do for the panel lines? Sorry for all the questions...

Sure thing; I don't mind answering all of them. The trick for the painting on the fan racer is just detailed masking and that's all. I didn't take any pieces apart since once you cut through them you end up with rough fitting edges that might show up once you re-attach them.

After priming the entire model, I sealed/covered the cockpit and painted most of it in off-white; then masked all of the off-white ( I used tamiya masking tape and took almost entirely the hi-tackiness by sticking it in a linen cloth) area and cut the red edges off with an Xacto knife. I used tamiya colors and airbrushed on them.

The tiny decals will desintegrate if you soak them with decaling solution too long so work fast with it or instead use water first until you have it settled and then apply decal solution to seal the decal to the model.

I am sorry i don't have any pics of the steps and techniques I took on the contruction since they are pretty much covered by WM Cheng and others.

hope that helps a bit

V