VOTE for your DREAM RESIN KIT

Less than Super Ostrich

Which one of these kits would be your top pick to buy assuming the kit cost between $70-$100? Remember this info will be passed along to resin kit manufacturers to give them an idea if it is worth their time to invest in a Macross project.  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these kits would be your top pick to buy assuming the kit cost between $70-$100? Remember this info will be passed along to resin kit manufacturers to give them an idea if it is worth their time to invest in a Macross project.

• Valkyrie Booster (fits VF-1 Hasegawa kits) (1/72)
    • VF-5000 (1/72)
    • VF-11 (1/72)
    • VB-6 Konig Monster Gerwalk (1/100)
    • VF-1 GBP Armor Conversion (1/72)
    • VF-4 (1/72)
    • QF-9000 Ghost (1/72)
    • VF-2SS (1/72)
    • Fan Racer (1/48)
    • Launch Arm with portion of launch bay (1/72)

This is a continuation of the previous thread seen HERE.

What we are trying to accomplish here is simple. Many of us would love some resin kit manufacturers to make some more rare kits of the Macross series. However, many garage kit makers won't do it unless they know there is a real market for the piece. If we were able to point them to this thread as proof that there is a real market for these model kits, then I think we could really get some interesting new kits.

The poll choices were made from top ten picks on the aforementioned thread. These picks seemed to be the most popular as well as realistic in terms of size, cost, and difficulty to sculpt.

I didn't vote yet but I want people to see 007-VF-1s comments below before voting. We could cut a few out of the polls unless you specify the kits will be different: eg. VF-4 and VF-11 Battroid kits instead of fighters which exists already.

Also, isn't putting ALL of those options into 1 price range is a tad unrealistic? eg Konig Monster vs GBP-S armor kit for the same relative price? Maybe some new polls would help clarify:

up to 25 USD kits

up to 50 USD kits

up to 75 USD kits

up to 100 USD kits

and let people specify what they would actually pay for or think is worth within each price range. Course we could just say we'll pay X for what we voted for.

I don't understand why people keeps on asking about stuff that can become already available ?

- 1/72 VF-4 (from club M)?

Valkyrie has it and might be able to produce more..His price won't be beat by any other company...

-Queadlunn-Rau? (from club-M)?

I can make it available the molds are still holding for several copies, if there's interest, it will be at the same price that has been availabe before...

-VF-11 (from club-M)?

ask Valkyrie, I might make mine available so you can all get a copy. You know that the cost would be a fair price.

I am already building my cat's eyes so I can't help there...I wish I would have thought of it before...even the pices are just a few but a lot of resin and the casting is a bit complex to reproduce...

Edited by Neova

I didn't vote yet but I want people to see 007-VF-1s comments below before voting. We could cut a few out of the polls unless you specify the kits will be different: eg. VF-4 and VF-11 Battroid kits instead of fighters which exists already.

Also, isn't putting ALL of those options into 1 price range is a tad unrealistic? eg Konig Monster vs GBP-S armor kit for the same relative price? Maybe some new polls would help clarify:

C'mon Neova... let's not derail this thread. Don't get too hung up on the price issue. Who knows what these guys would charge... I just wanted people to understand that resin kits aren't cheap. Clearly the Monster would be alot more... but we have to start somewhere. The key here is to show enough interest to get a resin kit maker to actually WANT to make the effort.

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

How about a 1/48 2 Seater Conversion kit for either the VF-1D, or the VE-1/VT-1 since Graham keeps saying we will never see 1/48 2 seaters.

Other than that, I voted for the Fan Racer.

A 1/48 VE-1 convertion kit? now that's an enterprise I would like to see someone getting into.

Now that the pool had narrowed down I find it very hard to make a choice since I have still 3 item I want just as bad...but I think we are heading in the right direction; thank you LTSO

A 1/48 fan racer would be easy on the pocket because is small and easy to ship.

Not to be a party pooper either but if people always complaints about over spending, or too expensive here and there it just make sence to go for stuff most of us can afford and not necessarily stuff we wanna have...

*There's no way you can get a good quality Koening monster at 1/100 scale for under $200 the casting is tedious, the pieces are too many to keep it low cost.

I voted for the Monster. I always wanted one, but I want a good resin kit instead of the old ARII pieces of @$#!%

If you're talking about a resin high detail version of that old arii kit, Monkey Nugget already made it. It cost $350, looks FANPHUGGINTASTIC, is 1/72 scale, but weighs so much, it would cost $100-150 for shipping! Gazooks!

I voted for the GBP-S simply based on feasibility and price. I too would have preferred a VB-6 Konig but ...

If there is a Macross God (no, Graham is not him but he is close), I wish he would make all of those kits available to us at reasonable prices. Sigh.

Yeah I couldn't decide on the armor or the booster so I went for the armor, but the booster would be great too.

The Monster that Monkey Nuggett did isn't the Konig version and it's really not that detailed, it's gonna take a lot of work to make it look right.

If I recall correctly, the 5000 is from a video game... perhaps VF-X-2. In my opinion, the Star Mirage is one of the most elegant Kawamori designs, and we'll probably never see a Yamato toy of it. Thus, a resin kit such as this is the only way I'll ever grab one, and that's why I voted for it.

If I recall correctly, the 5000 is from a video game... perhaps VF-X-2. In my opinion, the Star Mirage is one of the most elegant Kawamori designs, and we'll probably never see a Yamato toy of it. Thus, a resin kit such as this is the only way I'll ever grab one, and that's why I voted for it.

Amen! B))

I think the only thing I would really buy happily are convertion parts. ALA B Club with Gundam.

If there where a Stampede convertion kit :rolleyes: , Elint, Ostrich, Thunder Hummer Armor, GBP, New head designs, sets of hands, ground crew... etc. THAT could be a great best seller.

I mean I dont mind spending US$ 250 in a nice convertion Kit for my 1/48s.

I'm with Sebastion on this one. With the exception of the Valkyrie booster, all these kits have already been produced in one form or the other. Also, I wouldn't plop down $100 for a kit that Yamato may or may not produce in the next few years.

I'd want a kit that has never been done before and has almost no chance of ever seeing mass production, like a 1/48 Stampeed or Thunder Hummer conversion kit. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I would Like to see the vf-5000b but only if it was based on the SHE version and was a perfect transformation the price would be worth it to me thats a bad a## lookin Valk my second choise would be the koing monster