Valkyrie fuel supply

Maluk

valkyries dont eat fuel. They use some nuclear combustible. Don't ask how it works. I think it doesn't work in real world.

Only fast packs use boosters (back + legs) carbon based combustible for standard combustion of mixture of oxygen + hydrogen I think. (if you own a 1/48 toy with fast pack, you can remove the panel and see the tanks).

Edited by Göönk

valkyries dont eat fuel. They use some nuclear combustible. Don't ask how it works. I think it doesn't work in real world.

Only fast packs use boosters (back + legs) carbon based combustible for standard combustion of mixture of oxygen + hydrogen I think. (if you own a 1/48 toy with fast pack, you can remove the panel and see the tanks).

hydrogen tanks are used in fusion. i

nuclear propultion?

does that mean that every valk has a mini reactor.....? if so where would the fuel rods go...? how do they regulate radioactive isotopes?

just wondering? :blink::p:huh::p

Actually, every valk has TWO reactors.

:o:o:o

The tanks are likely full of reaction mass. The stuff being thrown out the back of the engine to make the valkyrie go forward. In an atmosphere, the air itself is the reaction mass. What is uses for reaction mass in space is unspecified, AFAIK.

Or perhaps Minmay Dolls on the dashboard. Watch Minmay sing and dance with Buddy Christ.

One thing confuses me about using nuclear reactors in small aircraft. Radiation. How is it that the pilots keep from sprouting extra arms?

Same way nuclear ships do. Shielding. And you can probably rather easily incorporate extra shielding into an over-tech flightsuit. :)

Most likely because the Valks were meant for space flight... and space is the source of all the "exotic" natural radiation. The Crew compartments/Cockpits are probably shielded.

nuclear propultion?

does that mean that every valk has a mini reactor.....? if so where would the fuel rods go...? how do they regulate radioactive isotopes?

just wondering? :blink::p:huh::p

figure that out and you become the worlds most powerful and rich person, instantly.

gass companys and oilfeild owners would take out contracts on your head.

wars would be fought over the technology.

nuclear propultion?

just wondering? :blink:  :p  :huh:  :p

figure that out and you become the worlds most powerful and rich person, instantly.

gass companys and oilfeild owners would take out contracts on your head.

wars would be fought over the technology.

Gas and Oil compies will talk to their State Representative... who ever is on their payroll that month... have the reactor designated a WMD and it would never see the light of day

What happens if a Valkyrie gets both of its legs blown off? It would lose both reactors, wouldn't it?

Actualy not that it makes much difference if both legs are gon, but i do belive (i am not sure so dont quote me on this) that there is a main reactor located in the main fuselage between the cockpit, and the "break point" fo transformation

What happens if a Valkyrie gets both of its legs blown off? It would lose both reactors, wouldn't it?

Actualy not that it makes much difference if both legs are gon, but i do belive (i am not sure so dont quote me on this) that there is a main reactor located in the main fuselage between the cockpit, and the "break point" fo transformation

Likely an auxillary reactor to keep the power stable during transformation.

That or a large supercapacitor.

Either way, it's not intended to supply power for an extended period of time.

Edited by JB0

What happens if a Valkyrie gets both of its legs blown off?  It would lose both reactors, wouldn't it?

Yes.

If either one of the engines were lost or exploded one of the following would happen:

http://manuals.macrossmecha.info/vf1/fact/accom/escsys/

Edited by Nanashi

What happens if a Valkyrie gets both of its legs blown off?  It would lose both reactors, wouldn't it?

Yes.

If either one of the engines were lost or exploded one of the following would happen:

http://manuals.macrossmecha.info/vf1/fact/accom/escsys/

HFS Nanashi! :blink:

Your information as always... ROCKS!

EDIT----

re-read the site at home, was reading it before at work...

let me refraise what I said

OMG Nanashi.... HFS do you ROCK!

absolutly amazing information

Edited by Southcross