Robotech Question

BFG-1 Gigan

Robotech is like watching Hamlet in Jive, then having the "writers" change the story to make Army of Darkness the sequel.

BFG-1 Gigan, seriously you came to the right place... You will understand everything we are saying once you see the original.

Okay, correction time. Fox's Escaflowne was the dubbed/edited for US audience version. It was not hacked. It only eliminated episode 1 from the series. Other than that, Escaflowne was the same series that was showed in Japan.

I am not American, but I've heard something frightening about what Fox actually aired:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Ta.../6785/esca.html

I've heard though they aired the show a second time, and then they just cut some gore, it even had the first episode.

FV

Okay, correction time. Fox's Escaflowne was the dubbed/edited for US audience version. It was not hacked. It only eliminated episode 1 from the series. Other than that, Escaflowne was the same series that was showed in Japan.

I am not American, but I've heard something frightening about what Fox actually aired:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Ta.../6785/esca.html

I've heard though they aired the show a second time, and then they just cut some gore, it even had the first episode.

FV

That's the thing about Robotech. It gives this type of dissection and horrid kidification(?) a brand name people can actually direct their disgust at. Where people can just say Fox screwed up with the American version of Escaflowne. BTW I tried to catch Escaflowne on TV but I kept catching the same damn ep. <_<

Robotech is like watching Hamlet in Jive, then having the "writers" change the story to make Army of Darkness the sequel.

That actually sounds pretty good. :lol:

Word! I would kill to see an entire movie in jive... and Pootie Tang was only mostly jive, so it doesn't count.

From Airplane!

First Jive Dude: crap man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?

Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.

First Jive Dude: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say?

Second Jive Dude: UH...

First Jive Dude: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'.

Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.

First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.

First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em

First Jive Dude: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit.

Word! I would kill to see an entire movie in jive... and Pootie Tang was only mostly jive, so it doesn't count.

From Airplane!

First Jive Dude: crap man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know?

Second Jive Dude: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man.

Second Jive Dude: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man.

First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em.

That was actually Macek's first draft....

Roy Fokker: crap man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know? (Rick, Rick Hunter is that you?)

Rick Hunter: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man. (Yeah… it’s me big brother!)

Roy Fokker: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say? (WTF??? Can’t you see there’s an airshow going on?  Where’d you learn to fly like that anyway?)

Rick Hunter: UH...  (Oh it’s just something I learned in the Air show competition, called the Fokker manuever)

Roy Fokker: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'. (Yeah I heard you won it 3 years in a row)

Rick Hunter: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man. (4! Bitch!)

Roy Fokker: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em. (Check out Minmay junk in the trunk!!! - Sent to the cutting floor) )

Roy Fokker, Rick Hunter: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em (Yeah baby – shake it like a Polaroid pikcha!!! -Sent to the cutting floor)

Roy Fokker: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit. (Hey, can you change this to radio only)

Edited by >EXO<

Hamlet: First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow.

If you want to see a show completely converted into jive, examine the dub of Initial D.

Idiocy.

BTW: Actually Bandai's initial release of Escaflowne was delayed to give Fox a chance at airing the show, before it was realized what a hack job Fox did to it. Disgraceful they way the cut it up, and gave it a techno-ish intro. Frightening. There were blood edits throughout, along with some of Hitomi's fortune telling, IINM.

The award for most blatant chop-up is still RT's though.

Edited by Anubis

Roy Fokker: crap man, that honky mus' be messin' my old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head. You know? (Rick, Rick Hunter is that you?)

Rick Hunter: Hey home, I can dig it. You know he ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you man. (Yeah… it’s me big brother!)

Roy Fokker: I say hey sky, s'other s'ay I wan say? (WTF??? Can’t you see there’s an airshow going on?  Where’d you learn to fly like that anyway?)

Rick Hunter: UH...  (Oh it’s just something I learned in the Air show competition, called the Fokker manuever)

Roy Fokker: Pray to J I get the same ol' same ol'. (Yeah I heard you won it 3 years in a row)

Rick Hunter: Eh. Yo knock yourself a pro slick, gray matter live performas down now take TCB'in man. (4! Bitch!)

Roy Fokker: Hey, you know what they say... See a broad, to get that booty yak 'em. (Check out Minmay junk in the trunk!!! - Sent to the cutting floor) )

Roy Fokker, Rick Hunter: Leg 'er down 'n smack 'em yak 'em (Yeah baby – shake it like a Polaroid pikcha!!! -Sent to the cutting floor)

Roy Fokker: Cold got to be. You know? Shiiiiit. (Hey, can you change this to radio only)

\

Heh... you forgot to add "Golly!" instead of Shiiiit. :p

I think that what Fox did to Escaflowne is far worse than what HG did to Robotech. For the simple reason that Fox edited and changed the show and still tried to pass it off as the original.

HG took the three shows and made a new one out of them, using basically just the animation. The story and plots were essentially new and an amaglamation of the three shows that made it up.

From Airplane!

That was actually Macek's first draft....

Thats fricken hillarious... I think you made my day :lol: