Will u get the 1/48 M&M?

blackjek

Will u get the 1/48 M&M?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Will u get the 1/48 M&M?

• Yes
    • No

me 2 imode. Hey guys did Max kick a lot of ass in his 1J? I remember back when i was 10...watching the robotech reruns on scifi...that although i loved his color scheme in the J...he primarily kicked a lot of ass in hsi 1A an his J was given because he was a god in dogfighting. Or bwecause of promotion something like that. Did he do anythign significant in his J or is it just more recognized than his A since its more of a contrasting color scheme?

The Corrected Poll will drop off the screen pretty soon since it's a "Poll only" thread.

It would be interesting to see finer results. :)

There's no need for replies, they're all in here. I think it would have been a waste of bandwidth to allow replies to it. Mods would pull it if I had...

I'm surprised at the number of people sitting out. What's the reasoning?

a) I've got enough 1/48s

b) I'm sick of the VF-1

c) too expensive/I'm poor

d) I don't particularly like the Max/Miria scheme

e) space is becoming an issue

Edited by Draykov

I'm surprised at the number of people sitting out.  What's the reasoning?

a) I've got enough 1/48s

b) I'm sick of the VF-1

My answer is B.

The only other VF-1 I'll buy at this point will be a 1/48 Elint or Ostrich. Unfortunately, Graham said that this will probably not happen. I'm just tired of repaints, at least the latter two will require some new molds.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

a) I've got enough 1/48s

b) I'm sick of the VF-1

For me it's A, C & D. I think that $170 each is too much to spend for a color scheme that I'm not particularly fond of on a toy that I have 5 varients of already. :p

Edited by VF-1Guy

I gonna buy both. I have only the VF-1S Hikaru and the Low-Vis...

a) I've got enough 1/48s

b) I'm sick of the VF-1

for me is C :( and E (ran out of space)

but I don't mind receiving one as a gift..... since I don't have VF-1J Hikaru

Edited by wasabi-elephant

a) I've got enough 1/48s

b) I'm sick of the VF-1

I'd say A & B. I have 6 1/48s, four with FPs. And I'm a little tired of the VF-1 and Macross in general. I have other hobbys and interests that I've negelected.

Plus The money could be spent better on a new refrigirator. 1/48's don't keep beer cold in the summertime. :lol:

Plus The money could be spent better on a new refrigirator. 1/48's don't keep beer cold in the summertime.

Yes, but I hear the 1/60 Monster will double as a mini-fridge. Score! :p

Plus The money could be spent better on a new refrigirator. 1/48's don't keep beer cold in the summertime.

Yes, but I hear the 1/60 Monster will double as a mini-fridge. Score! :p

Or it could guard your main fridge.

Rig it up to say "You now have 5 seconds to comply."

I've only got the low viz 1/48 and I think that'll probably be the only one I'll buy...unless they come out with a GBP-1S set. The 1/48 simply isn't my favorite. I will always be a 1/55 through and through. I think, and I probably may be speeking for others, in that after going through buying all the 1/55s and the 1/55 reissues, and the 1/60s...it's just getting old having to keep forking out money for what is essentially the same thing. If I hadn't bought all those 1/60s...I probably buy more 1/48s. Besides, I want the Q-Rau and the Monster. From an economics point of view, the marginal utility of purchasing another 1/48 valk has simply reached 0.

a) I've got enough 1/48s

b) I'm sick of the VF-1

e) space is becoming an issue

My answer would be A, B & E.

Wow! with nobody buying them, I'm going to wait six months for the price to drop!

I am hoping that too.

Hmmm... I think folks are overwhelmed by the thought of buying TWO 1/48 super valks right now... basically it's like one big $360 item The pictures don't really look too terribly different than the 1/60's... and there's no telling if Yamato is going to offer something they like even better 2 months later.

As it gets closer to ship date and folks start receiving them, I'll wager more folks would decide to get them. I personally can't wait... the thought of two massive Super M&M valks on my shelf is awesome to me.

I'll tell you another thing... if Yamato decides to cut their production down on these and make less of them (like Bandai did with their M&M's a few years back), it'll start a stampede. For some reason, people lose their objectivity if they think they're looking at a "rare" or "hard to get" item.

Look at all these "Johnny come latelys" in the For Sale forums who have all of a sudden decided they cannot live without getting their hands on a Low-Viz... which was quite easy to find when it came out.

Look at all these "Johnny come latelys" in the For Sale forums who have all of a sudden decided they cannot live without getting their hands on a Low-Viz... which was quite easy to find when it came out.

Hehe.... Like me... I mean, when I saw how easy they were to get I just thought "huh, they ain't so limited. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" I even picked one up, then put it down again. On two occassions. But the other day my friend told me he was thinking of getting a valk, and which one would I recommend. I thought, the Low-Vis. But I realised then you can't get 'em anymore.

Well, I can, but that's another story....

Anyway, I woted NO in this poll, but I missed out on the Max 1/55 reissue, so if I have to get one, it'll be Max Jenius version. Although I am highly pissed off at this price tag. It's just stupid, Y20,000 for a bloody toy that isn't even an antique...

I'd say E because they're too big. They're great display pieces but not as good for actually playing with IMO. I was tossing and turning my 1/60 Hikaru Super and it's the perfect size. 1/48 Super/Strike are humongous. That's good for some, but not too good to buzz around the house, dodging imaginary missiles and phantom Zentran. :ph34r:;)

I vote no.

Although I'm not in any way sick of the VF-1 series design in itself, I think I've reached a limit on spending good hard earned cash for another essentially identical toy. If I start comparing the prices of one of these things as opposed to other things in the same price range, like a PS2, two DVD Collection sets, 9 weeks worth of Fuel, etc, I'm kinda starting to question if it's really worth it personally. ;)

Again, it's just my opinion.... :D

*sigh* but the numbers of the more refined poll is not as high though. Only 49 votes compared to the 132 votes here.

But the result is interesting. Right now, we have a tie between buying both and not buying either!

3 votes for Milia only and 2 votes for Max only.

Come on everyone, cast ur vote in the other poll please! :)

If someone forced me to buy one, I would definitely go for Milia. I love the red color Yamato gave her valk, but Max's blue is too light for my taste.

I'd have to agree on the colors, but I'd still lean on the Max...