Will u get the 1/48 M&M?

blackjek

Will u get the 1/48 M&M?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Will u get the 1/48 M&M?

• Yes
    • No

I bought the 4 valks originally slated for 1:48. Yamato announced those waaaay in advance so I was able to plan for them... I broke down and bought the Hikaru VF-1S... but after buying 5 of essentially the same toy (each because of their fastpacks costing as much as a PS2) I say "NO MORE!"

Every time I open the toys forum all I think about is Space & money, space and money, will I ever have enough. I can’t believe I could find anything wrong with this fire hose stream of Macross products but the cost of a having a complete collection is getting prohibitive.

I still will probably end up getting both the Max & Millia's 1/48’s however it will not be any time soon. When I do get them I’ll keep the 1/48’s in Battroid and the 1/60 versions next to them in fighter mode.

As of right now, no. The Max no and the Millia a very big maybe. I swore the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1J would be my last 1/48. I'm gonna try to stick to that. If I decide to buy a Milia it won't be for a few months down the road. I aleady have 6 1/48s(4 with FPs) I've reached VF-1 burnout.

I'm more interested in the 1/60 Q-rau and that I will buy without hesitation.

Also I just bought the 12 inch Gutsu the Black Swordsman figure from Art of War/Yamato and that was 19,800 yen. So funds are low lol

i voted no also. think i'm a little burned out on vf-1s. i've already preordered the 1/60 GBP armor, debating the Q-Rau right now. i'll get the vf-0 and then quit for awhile. i was planning on buying the M&Ms, but right now, that's almost $400! Now I'm stuck with 2 extra clear Fast Pack sets that I was going to get for the M&Ms. Trying to decide what to do with my tax refund. gotta buy new gutters and storm doors for the house though...

*Looks at empty wallet, and total lack of shelf space*

Not this time.

I'm happy with my 1/60 pair. When I get my display case I'll put those on display in fighter mode, along with a 1/60 Battroid Max 1S/Millia Q-rau duking it out. Fine with me.

Voted yes. I'm not only a fan of the M&Ms but I wish they did the companies treated Max and Kakizake as a pair also and released the TV versions. But then again I would be the only one buying those so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea if they did.

eh, I think I'll pass on these. I never liked the matching colored fastpacks. If I do buy these, I'd stick on the regular colored fastpacks. But right now I'm just saving up to barely get the 1/48 VF-1S hikaru, VF-1A Max, and the VF-1J hikaru. :p:D:lol:

Voted yes. I'm not only a fan of the M&Ms but I wish they did the companies treated Max and Kakizake as a pair also and released the TV versions. But then again I would be the only one buying those so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea if they did.

Nope, I'd buy those as well, and I will be picking up a couple M & M's as well. :lol:

I held off on the 1/60s in hope Yamato would do this.

I'll be selling a BUNCH of old ST/SW collectables this summer when I get to my mom's new place in Austin, Texas (Bye bye Clearwater... sniff..) I know I won't get TOO Much cash for 'em, but I KNOW I can get more than ~400 dollars. I'll pick them up as soon as money allows.

I'll be getting them. I specifically did NOT get the 1/60 M&M's, the Low Viz (I don't want non-canon valks), the Hikaru 1S (just too similar to what I already have), in order to save for these, which I figured were coming soon.

Other 1/48 VF-1 valkyries I would definitely buy:

VF-1D

Cannon Fodder 1A

VT-1 Super Ostrich

VE-1 Elintseeker

GBP

I probably wouldn't buy:

Max DYRL 1S (same reasons as Hikaru 1S)

Kakizaki TV 1A

Max TV 1A (just not a big fan of the TV 1A paint jobs)

So I'm still a fish on a hook... but I am somewhat selective. I'll let you guys keep the Q-Rau. I want 2 seater 1/48's!

Edited by Blaine23

VF-1D

Cannon Fodder 1A

VT-1 Super Ostrich

VE-1 Elintseeker

GBP

Man, if only....

Graham unfortunately said the chances of two seaters are SLIM, and the CF didn't sell very well IIRC.....

If I had the cash, I'd shell it to Jung to MAKE me a CF.... :(

Voted yes. I'm not only a fan of the M&Ms but I wish they did the companies treated Max and Kakizake as a pair also and released the TV versions.  But then again I would be the only one buying those so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea if they did.

No, I'd be right behind you, though I'm not crazy about this simultaneous release stuff. The 1/48s are pricey enough when there is only one new one on the market. As soon as the Hikaru J came out, I was all "What's next? Vote in my poll!" But now, I think I've got too much of a good thing. I'm not sick of the VF-1. They can do every variant/version they want, and I'll probably be a sucker for them. However, my wallet is in serious need of a break now.

Edited by Draykov

I have my set on pre-order with Kevin.

I like only the VF-1 series, destroids and their line brothers from the oringal show and movie, I don't care much for the other Macross units from the various spinoffs... ergo I try to get all the nice looking releases of them I can.

I'm guessing the original series stuff will begin to peter out this year which means my spending spree will come to a close soon enough.

I'm guessing the original series stuff will begin to peter out this year which means my spending spree will come to a close soon enough.

I've had that feeling too (especially if 1/48 two-seaters are a no go). Knowing Yamato though, this is just the calm before the next storm.

Edited by Draykov

They're coming out with 1/48 M&Ms? Cool! I wouldn't mind getting a set.

Voted yes. I'm not only a fan of the M&Ms but I wish they did the companies treated Max and Kakizake as a pair also and released the TV versions.  But then again I would be the only one buying those so maybe it wouldn't be a good idea if they did.

No, I'd be right behind you, though I'm not crazy about this simultaneous release stuff. The 1/48s are pricey enough when there is only one new one on the market. As soon as the Hikaru J came out, I was all "What's next? Vote in my poll!" But now, I think I've got too much of a good thing. I'm not sick of the VF-1. They can do every variant/version they want, and I'll probably be a sucker for them. However, my wallet is in serious need of a break now.

Kevin has these a month apart. Which is pretty much what the schedule has been for a while on the 1/48s. So it's not a simultaneous release as some of us feared.

http://www.valkyrie-exchange.com/preorder.html

Kevin has these a month apart. Which is pretty much what the schedule has been for a while on the 1/48s. So it's not a simultaneous release as some of us feared.

True. Same goes for Tam. However, it's close enough and they were both up for pre-order at the same time. My total on my pre-order reflected a simultaneous release. :p

I'll be getting them. Though probably not right away. Heck, I still don't have a Hikaru 1S! Skipped to the 1J.

Holy crap! I'm missing the Max 1A too! I gotta get on the ball with more coming out now! :(

H