New Shoji Kawamori Anime Announced

jgrose

Here's an interesting tidbit from our news page today:

The TA Group BBS has reported the first word of director Shoji Kawamori's latest anime project. Sousei no Aquarian (rough translation) will be a 52 episode futuristic combining robot mecha action series directed by Shoji Kawamori. The animation will be produced by Satelight Inc., the studio that animated the Kawamori directed anime series Chikyu Shoujo Arjuna and Macross Zero, and produced the Geneshaft and Heat Guy J anime TV series.

Source: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo

Todays News: http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php

Jeff G

AN

Fanboy checklist /ON/ :

-Mecha Series : yes :lol:

-long TV series format : yes :lol:

-loads of action : yes :lol:

-Froating head in charge: yes :lol:

-Macross: no :(

At last the mystery is revealed , shame it wasn´t macross but still , it´s coming from the froating head so it should be good.

Just hope is not filled with environmentalist propaganda like arjuna.

Seems we won´t get a new Macross TV series soon. :(

It sounds environmental. Here's the Excite.co.jp translation of the original story:

It seems that the satellite (http://www.satelight.co.jp/) is making new work television animation.

From today's [ the following and ] (December 11) Hokkaido Shimbun morning-paper financial column (http://www.hokkaido-np.co.jp/Php/kiji.php3?&d=20031211&j=0024&k=200312118718) to whole sentence quotation

> It was announced on the tenth that the satellite (Sapporo) of digital animation work starts work of the new work animation for televisions. An original and the fourth work with which the company deals with a plan aim at national televising from next fall.

> A title is "bitter taste ERION of 創聖." It is the tale of the boy girls of teens pulling [ robot ] the wires for the earth of the future when environment changed suddenly by the natural disaster on the stage, pulling together, and protecting human beings from an enemy. It becomes a highlight for three persons to cooperate, to make a robot unite and to change to "guardian deity" bitter taste ERION.

> Director 河森 Shoji of the company which has a fan in in and outside the country in the "MACROSS" series serves as a supervisor. The manufacture committee and contract which are constituted from Hakuhodo etc. are made, and it starts for the production of a work. Once, a program is 30 minutes and is due to be broadcast half a year.

> The satellite is making world's first whole-volume original animation in television series in 1996. Three works, such as "heat guy JIEI", have the actual result broadcast by Tokyo Broadcasting System, TV Tokyo, and WOWOW.

> which the company says, "Director 河森's robot design is popular also overseas", and is inclined to fly a hit by new work animation

Of course, the nationwide broadcast is not expected (smile).

Say it ain't so Sho-joe

Please don't let it be a Captain Planet "Save the inviroment" Show

where machines -which use up enormous amounts of the earth's recources being produced and maintained- go out, burn fuel, leave toxic waste and save the planet from bad guys that only want to be able to sell furniture cheaper :D

K, let's see how well I can do this.

On December 10, the Sapporo-based digital animation studio Satelite has announced work on a new television series.

Title is [sousei Akuerion] (Holy Genesis Aquarian??)

The Earth's environment is worstened due to a series of natural disasters and it is up to a bunch of teenagers with big robots to save the world. The three robots also combine to form the Guardian Aquarian.

Bleah...

Big robots saving the Earth? Gattai?

Come on man, that genre went out the door with the 80's.

The Earth's environment is worstened due to a series of natural disasters and it is up to a bunch of teenagers with big robots to save the world.  The three robots also combine to form the Guardian Aquarian.

Bleah...

Big robots saving the Earth?  Gattai?

Come on man, that genre went out the door with the 80's.

Oh boy...lol Doesn't Kawamori know that mech heads don't give a crap about the environment..we want stuff blowing up.. more teenage pilots? To save the earth no less....What an original idea..

oh well at least it will look cool ... I hope

Edited by dejr8bud

Sucks it isn't Macross. Anyway, despite it sounding like every single Powers Rangers like show made I have question. Doesn't the fact that it contains big robots piloted by people pretty much go against saving the environment? All of those battles are going to do some serious destruction to the very environment they are trying to save. How are they going to actually use these things to save things. Its using force vs force. Things will get destroyed no matter what. Not to mention natural resources. Just something I was wondering about. Maybe I read it wrong.

Question does SK have to even direct or be apart of a new Macross series for it to be good or for fans to accept it? I mean he could just have a basic story and designs, leave someone else in charge and let them(BW, etc) work while he goes off and does his own thing. That way it would still be from him due to the story but it would have a style of someone else.

Edited by Effect

Say it ain't so Sho-joe

where machines -which use up enormous amounts of the earth's recources being produced and maintained- go out, burn fuel, leave toxic waste and save the planet from bad guys that only want to be able to sell furniture cheaper :D

OMG Captian Mullet? I hated that show.

Vostok 7

Question does SK have to even direct or be apart of a new Macross series for it to be good or for fans to accept it? I mean he could just have a basic story and designs, leave someone else in charge and let them(BW, etc) work while he goes off and does his own thing. That way it would still be from him due to the story but it would have a style of someone else.

Most likely not. Macross II showed that Macross without SK could give us good VF designs, and SK himself hasn't exactly made winners everytime. I haven't really enjoyed much of his more recent stuff except for M+ and Escaflowne. In this day and age too, it seems that Japanese mecha designers are a dime-a-dozen. As long as a new designer stays away from those horrid Gundam-style transformations, he might be able to breathe new life into the series with refreshing new designs.

Look at Macross II. ^_^ I love it to death...but the majority of the Macross community doesn't. <_< If Mr. Kawamori didn't work on the next Macross project...but the story and designs are from him, as you say, I'd accept it.

That's a good question. Me personally, I really don't care if SK is involved with every Macross project. The fanboys would be out with their pitch forks and tortches and tissues most likely though if he wasn't.

The reason I don't like Macross II isn't becuase he was not involved. I think the show is just mediocre. And to be honest SK really hasn't done anything good since Escaflowne(TV series). Macross 7, Spring & Chaos, Escaflowne the Movie and Arjuna are all clunkers. Macross Zero is just average.

Maybe it's just a poor translation of a vague press release, but that article just doesn't sell it for me.

Besides, I was hoping it would be the long-awaited standalone Constructicons anime.

Soundwave superior Constructicons inferior.

Story right now doesn't seem to impress me, and more teen pilots **Slams head on desk** I mean JESUS H CHRIST HASN'T THAT BEEN DONE TO DEATH BY GUNDAM ALREADY?! Well there better some female leads.

I wonder if the mechs are going to be Armored Core looking, since it isn't another Macross.

Edited by Druna Skass

I wonder if the mechs are going to be Armored Core looking, since it isn't another Macross.

Hmm, gotta wonder about that. You'd think they'd be super cool and stuff since it's Kawamori. But, it's a gattai show. I'm leaning to something cheesy and Dendoh-ish.

Story right now doesn't seem to impress me, and more teen pilots **Slams head on desk** I mean JESUS H CHRIST HASN'T THAT BEEN DONE TO DEATH BY GUNDAM ALREADY?! Well there better some female leads.

A show with a teenage boy target audience has teenaged main characters? Those bastards! I can't believe they'd do such a thing.

Where's the damn clue-by-four when you need it.

A show with a teenage boy target audience has teenaged main characters? Those bastards! I can't believe they'd do such a thing.

Where's the damn clue-by-four when you need it.

This is true. I guess I'm just finally falling out of anime.. lol..

Okay, good MORE ADULT-ish sci-fi shows??

Say it ain't so Sho-joe

With your powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN GLOBAL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As long as they're no collections of small objects or creatures or learning about themselves along the way, it shouldn't be that bad.

I'm not saying they should have old people, but how come they almost always make them in the early stages of puberty. I mean why can't they be in their twenties or something like most of the cast in 08th MS team? Or at least at the tail end of the teen years.

Either way if they're going to make a character girly, I hope they go ahead and just make the character a girl, instead of pulling another Quattra.

I'm not saying they should have old people, but how come they almost always make them in the early stages of puberty. I mean why can't they be in their twenties or something like most of the cast in 08th MS team? Or at least at the tail end of the teen years.

Either way if they're going to make a character girly, I hope they go ahead and just make the character a girl, instead of pulling another Quattra.

Warera

Rori

Konda

Put those names together and you get a rather amusing quote, which should say bundles about why they always do shows with pubescent or pre-pubescent kids... :p

And I don't mean "rolling computer"!