Macross Zero Collector's Edition Blu-ray Release Thread

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

So this would essentially be the WWM version? I already sprang for the recent Japanese remaster since it had English subs.

It's probably using that same re-master copy. So I'd wager if you bought the re-master released in February, you've bought this release already. Plus or minus whatever extras are in this release.

As this is being distributed by All the Anime, am I correct in guessing this is limited to the UK(+EU?) region, and that prior US-specific shows/distributors are still as they were when announcements were made... last year? 2022? 2021? in the previous BD release announcement threads?

Posted (edited)

I wonder what's the difference between this and the just announced 'Collector's Edition'? Premium is not enough? Packaging perhaps?

7D35826E-0967-40A7-ABE8-549611C7858A.jpeg.b6b7e014cd9f0e509b22e53b1eed9585.jpeg.97981efeceef996138f5cf08593cdab9.jpeg

Edited by no3Ljm

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder what's the difference between this and the just announced 'Collector's Edition'? Premium is not enough? Packaging perhaps?

Looks to me like a different company has licensed this for release since Anime.ltd is a UK company that normally does anime releases for the european market.  I'm guessing this is a euro release that happens to be doing an NA release because Robert didn't get exclusive release rights for the Animeigo release that started this thread.  So I think they're completely different products.  This one is probably just the existing Japanese release where they created english subs (and possibly a dub) for it on their own.

Edit, I'm getting this confused with the Macross 2 kickstarter and the new zero release.  My bad @no3Ljm.

Edited by Pontus

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Looks to me like a different company has licensed this for release since Anime.ltd is a UK company that normally does anime releases for the european market.  I'm guessing this is a euro release that happens to be doing an NA release because Robert didn't get exclusive release rights for the Animeigo release that started this thread.  So I think they're completely different products.  This one is probably just the existing Japanese release where they created english subs (and possibly a dub) for it on their own.

Thanks. So in other words, Collector's Edition is not going to have the 'premium remaster treatment', correct?

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks. So in other words, Collector's Edition is not going to have the 'premium remaster treatment', correct?

The Premium is the Bandai Visual/Japan release. The Collector's Ed looks to be Anime Ltd's release. As for the differences, Anime Ltd haven't disclosed what's in the Collector's Ed-release. As I mentioned above, I suspect Anime Ltd. is using the Premium's remastered footage in their release. So you are likely getting the same remastered footage, but same/different(?) extras.