DX Chogokin VT-1 Super Ostrich

MKT

I'm sure that this is a prototype but in late state of development, you can tell that they are still using stickers on the fast packs, The prototype from November also had gaps in the fast packs, The pictures of the ostrich on the  Tamashi website could be a further along developed model, we'll have to see and wait till July/August to see if they fracked it up...🙄

Edited by grogall

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, arrow said:

the question is, will any of the pilots fit the back of the empty DX 1D back seat

Well since the two figures by the tent, look about the same size as the others, I'm sure they will fit!

Did anyone notice the Minmaii is holding a helmet?

image.jpeg.c1c384c8f5e791327523d46b3a2b8a62.jpeg

Edited by grogall

On 2/23/2024 at 12:50 PM, grogall said:

Well since the two figures by the tent, look about the same size as the others, I'm sure they will fit!

Did anyone notice the Minmaii is holding a helmet?

image.jpeg.c1c384c8f5e791327523d46b3a2b8a62.jpeg

And Hikaru and Misa are holding hands. 🥰

• 3 weeks later...

Courtesy of Google Translate: preorders close on 31 March and it releases sometime in July. I'm fairly certain that all direct proxies used up their allocations almost immediately and the stores like Anime Export that act like proxies are largely sold out now, too. Folks in Japan still have a week to place orders; everyone else is probably out of luck at this point--until they start to show up on the secondary market (Yahoo Japan, Mandarake, etc.).

I hope it does really well with respect to sales, because I'd like to also own a VE-1 and Bandai is 75% of the way there with the VT-1 mold.

4 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Courtesy of Google Translate: preorders close on 31 March and it releases sometime in July. I'm fairly certain that all direct proxies used up their allocations almost immediately and the stores like Anime Export that act like proxies are largely sold out now, too. Folks in Japan still have a week to place orders; everyone else is probably out of luck at this point--until they start to show up on the secondary market (Yahoo Japan, Mandarake, etc.).

I hope it does really well with respect to sales, because I'd like to also own a VE-1 and Bandai is 75% of the way there with the VT-1 mold.

Thanks! But I also interpret from this that if the have large orders they may make a second batch!? Like they did with the VF-1S (Mechanical Edition)?

image.png.2a9e283a75f62c6e2bad0eb87312d3ba.png

I'm also with you on the VE-1... Although we only see it for a blink and miss second it would be my Holy Grail in 1/48th! 

and I'm very confident the will release it after the Ostrich, like they did with the High Metal-R version in 2018...

image.jpeg.456533e76fe837bc9c797ca6b18313ef.jpeg

image.jpeg.b1f1b9cea37a04007c413242ba8c32d0.jpeg

1 hour ago, grogall said:

Thanks! But I also interpret from this that if the have large orders they may make a second batch!? Like they did with the VF-1S (Mechanical Edition)?

Yes, that looks to be the case, based on the additional information you just shared (I hadn't gone to look at the listing). I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai included that language on all TWE items now, to give themselves the option to make additional batches based on demand. If they opened up a second VT-1 batch, that would be great news for collectors who missed out on the initial batch and would (hopefully) encourage Bandai to make the VE-1 because I think there would be enough demand for it.

For TWE items, I always thought 2nd or subsequent batches will only happen if the current PO batch is sold out before the closing date. If the VT-1 hasn't sold out yet by now, I won't expect they will by next week's closing date.. so slim chance there will be another batch for this.

10 hours ago, MKT said:

For TWE items, I always thought 2nd or subsequent batches will only happen if the current PO batch is sold out before the closing date. If the VT-1 hasn't sold out yet by now, I won't expect they will by next week's closing date.. so slim chance there will be another batch for this.

That's why I was thinking that it might be standard language that Bandai adds to all TWE listings now. We've seen additional batches when first batches sell out quickly, but it's unpredictable and I haven't yet seen one happen this late in the preorder window.