Post Skywalker Saga Star Wars Movies and Projects

Topic will be automatically unlocked at 07:00 AM

2 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

How much of Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy'a work have you seen?

None, which is part of my point! Plus Sharmeen's resume doesn't look like it'll translate to a positively exciting STAR WARS experience. Getting Patty Jenkins's Rogue Squadron vibes with Sharmeen tbh.

15 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

None, which is part of my point! Plus Sharmeen's resume doesn't look like it'll translate to a positively exciting STAR WARS experience. Getting Patty Jenkins's Rogue Squadron vibes with Sharmeen tbh.

Fair point. But I would argue that the one thing Disney Star Wars hasn't suffered from is poor directors. When there's a failure or misfire, it's generally a story/script issue. I'm not overly concerned.

10 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Highly unlikely, given Lucas's track record. And whatever you think of the stories, the sequels were well casted, acted, and shot, and made very effective use of practical, in-camera effects. We would have gotten none of that with Lucas. They would have been a green-screen, CGI-fest mess.

Probably.. but I think I still would have taken that over what we got.  

For all of their problems, I can still appreciate the story of the prequel movies, independently of watching them.  I can't say anything like that about the sequels.

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Probably.. but I think I still would have taken that over what we got.  

For all of their problems, I can still appreciate the story of the prequel movies, independently of watching them.  I can't say anything like that about the sequels.

+1

I re-watch the prequels (including Phantom Menace) way more than the sequels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

21513AAF-39FB-4E95-BD5C-28EF1C611B68.jpeg

2 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

No thank you.

Same here. I had watched The Phantom Menace 4 times in the cinema when it first came out. I have watched TPM multiple times on VHS, DVD, Blue Ray and on D+. I have no intension of watching The Acolyte on D+ and I would walk out of the theatre if the cinema showed The Acolyte ahead of the main feature.

Edited by shazam

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

21513AAF-39FB-4E95-BD5C-28EF1C611B68.jpeg.09d3f2ae06b61938bdf99ae3dfd58bee.jpeg

Exclusive look at The Acolyte after the screening of Star Wars Episode I.

The sequels made me enjoy the prequels more....If I have nothing else going on I might go and watch this on the big screen again

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

21513AAF-39FB-4E95-BD5C-28EF1C611B68.jpeg.09d3f2ae06b61938bdf99ae3dfd58bee.jpeg

Exclusive look at The Acolyte after the screening of Star Wars Episode I.

To be honest, I’m not a fan of the prequels even if they were slightly better than the sequels ended up. Visually they’re hard to watch as well 

• azrael locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently Dawn Of The Jedi (a forthcoming SW movie ) will be written by Beau Willimon whom had previously written 3 episodes of Andor including the awesome episode "One Way Out".

I didn't know where else to post this..