VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Almost hate to say it, but I think I'm leaning towards going with the Mikimoto box after all.  It will be a tough decision.  I'm going to have to print out both and stare at them side by side.

Jasonc has a good idea though...

Maybe if I wasn't going to get a Mac+ box too, as well as inquiring myself about a Kenshin OVA box on the side.

BTW, if there is a high res pic of the SDF1 take off image from Blaine's box I would love a copy to use as a wallpaper please.  I need one without the Robotech title on it.

P.S. Don't forget to update the first page one too, Mechamaniac.

I'm working on tracking down a source for the SDF image now... I'll be happy to make you a wallpaper out of it once I've gotten it.

You da man!

Sweet.

Dangard Ace and Blaine 23's designs will added to the page Paul created for us. He will add pre-order and payment information for the case of your choice.

I saw a reference to this page earlier in the thread, but I did not find a link for it. Has it not been public yet?

Also, are we talking like weeks here or months or...

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned on an earlier page, but what's the forth side of the box going to be showing?

These boxes are four sided, in other words, you will have the images as shown, the bottom will be unfinished, and the last side will be open, gotta get the DVD's in there somehow ;)

OMG, they're both gorgeous. I do have to print both out and stare at them to decide.

Here's a thought: I know you wanted to concentrate on one series at a time, but I'm wondering if we couldn't take a look at teh Mac + designs now as well. Which SDF box I get is dependant on what the Mac + box looks like as they will be sitting side by side on the shelf. Know what I mean?

Here's a thought: I know you wanted to concentrate on one series at a time, but I'm wondering if we couldn't take a look at teh Mac + designs now as well. Which SDF box I get is dependant on what the Mac + box looks like as they will be sitting side by side on the shelf. Know what I mean?

Well, now that we have the SDF Designs pretty much sewn up, we can start (or continue as it were) on the Mac Plus design.

So far, we had only really agreed that we would use this image for the spine....

This image was created by Tony (XSTOYS) and he very graciously resized it for us at my request....

Here it is....

mplusbinding.jpg

As a possible side image.

mplusside.jpg

As a possible top image.

mplustop.jpg

Here's a thought:  I know you wanted to concentrate on one series at a time, but I'm wondering if we couldn't take a look at teh Mac + designs now as well.  Which SDF box I get is dependant on what the Mac + box looks like as they will be sitting side by side on the shelf.  Know what I mean?

OK, since we seem finalized on the two designs, and it looks like there will be enough takers of each I guess to qualify them(?) maybe we can start browsing M+ design ideas some. AS LONG AS there are people working toward getting the actual high res scans for the Macross box as well.

One thing for the M+ box, correct me if I'm mistaken, but it seems there are less actual good artbook images available to scan off of, so be sure to keep high res sources in mind when brewing up ideas. I'm sure there are lots of good pieces out there to work with, though CG and custom collages are always good to try again too.

I still think Sharon's cross needs to be somewhere, be it on the top or the spine. Somewhere. The top would be a perfect fit I would think.

I do like Mechamaniac's idea for the spine as well still. It's easily sized for 3 discs too. Thanks again to XSTOYS for adjusting the image.

post-4-1078544790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

One thing I do have to add is that I've never been a big fan of this pic, and since it's already on the center of the DVD cases I think we shouldn't use it on the box. Let's be more creative or find better artwork.

post-4-1078545272.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Forgive me if it's already been mentioned on an earlier page, but what's the forth side of the box going to be showing?

These boxes are four sided, in other words, you will have the images as shown, the bottom will be unfinished, and the last side will be open, gotta get the DVD's in there somehow ;)

Haha, I was thinking that it would open from the top like the Escaflowne DVD case.

Silly me :)

How about a screen grab from the DVD itself. I was always fond of this pic,

MP129.jpg

I have that one at 1113 x 654 @ 292 dpi. There is a little grain in the image though.

GENTLEMEN - START YOUR ORDERS! :D

Just follow the link below to get pricing information, and submit your order to Paul for the case of your choice.

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/Macross/macross.html

Once there are enough orders (20), we can proceed with the project. We will get the numbering etc down, before they go into production, but for now, please check the link, and indicate your willingness to go ahead with the project by placing your order with Paul.

Thanks for all of your interest!.

Ok, the reason I asked if we just use our current Animeigo cases with this box is simple...I really hate the original covers of the DVD cases themselves. The black color scheme lacks any imagination what so ever.

So here's what I'm thinking.

We make 9 new slip covers out of the great art that wasn't picked for the boxes. Better yet how about 2 sets of 9 art. If you order Dia guard Aces box design you still get blaine 23's art as inserts for your current cases. I'm currently working my way backward through this thread and I think will have more than enough arwork. I'll scan the original Animeigo covers to get the info off the back. Each of us could print them ourselves on photo quality paper and they'd look great.

What do you all think.

I may be a minority on it, but I kind of like the Animeigo cases, though if someone has alternative covers, I wouldn't object to someone posting downloadable links to them. If we like them we could just print them ourselves, and trim to fit.

Crap! I guess I should have started looking for pics from the start rather than work my way backward. I see garoquel has already started doing this. Sorry guys. Maybe I'll see if I can get copies from him or else I'll do my own.

Still think somebody should do it and post powerpoint files here on Macrossworld for everyone to download.

Crap! I guess I should have started looking for pics from the start rather than work my way backward. I see garoquel has already started doing this. Sorry guys. Maybe I'll see if I can get copies from him or else I'll do my own.

Still think somebody should do it and post powerpoint files here on Macrossworld for everyone to download.

Yep.. I think anybody that wants to replace their sleeve art should go with Garoquel's designs... one, I don't want to do that much work ;) , and two - his designs kick serious ass.

As for posting them for download, take it up with him - but I suggest you ask for PDF files, not powerpoint files. B))

As for posting them for download, take it up with him - but I suggest you ask for PDF files, not powerpoint files.  B))

Yeah, PDF is definately the way to go there.

After staring at the printout I made of the two designs off and on today, I have decided to go with the Mech box after all. Tough tough choice, but I think the Mech box will go better on my shelves, and has a good mix of everything. I love the Mikimoto artwork in the other one as well, so I'll just use my wallpaper grade version of that center image in my wallpaper pool. I'll send Paul my cash later in the week. Friday's payday.

Edited by Anubis

woohoo..glad to see my suggestion has gone to production. i'm even considering ordering both boxes. who's with me?

i agree i would love to see new insert artwork based on the fantastic work done by Garoquel's (his were the white background ones right?)

The m+ spine image is classic and should be locked down. the cross logo would like nice ontop (i agree with another post that the group shot image looks rather ugly).

Well, I just finished digging through my art collection, and here's what I've dug up so far...

SDF-1.jpg

SDF-1b.jpg

DYRL.jpg

Obviously, these are "mock ups" as I don't want to kill my webspace will 300dpi tifs ;) The first two pics were taken from mini-posters, so I couldn't fit the entire things on my flatbed. DA, can you combine multiple images into one? If so, then I'll just scan it in portions and let you re-assemble them.

Anyways, I'll keep looking for more pictures. Can you let us know what images you've got and what you still need?

If need be I can scan up to 11x17 or 12x18(I think) pics into tiff files on the color Xerox at my work.

Edited by Anubis