Bandai DX VF-1A ANGELBIRDS [TWE]

no3Ljm

14 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I hadn't paid too much attention to this release...but looking at it carefully....Bandai really has taken many liberties with the "canon" livery...most of it is hidden when in fighter mode...unfortunately the worst, imo, is not...lol

You mean the gigantic logo and oversized cursive text they stamped everywhere? That stuff was the deal breaker for me. Ended up being a hard pass, but a painful one because I do like the scheme and wanted a 1/48 DX version. Wish they could have stuck with the more understated Hasegawa and Yamato livery. All they had to do was leave it alone. It was fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah well, personally I do not mind the additional liveries. I like the very white color used, not sure if this is the brightest white on a Chogokin VF-1 so far. The good thing about the Chogokin VF-1, is that it appears to be spared from new QC issues plaquing other Macross chogokin releases over the past couple of years.

VF-1AAB2NRMnt.jpg.18f608651cec9c699419e66485375d84.jpg

VF-1AAB5NRMnt.jpg.dfc5bd6d125eaafd0df06221ebc90fdf.jpg

ChogokinABNRM2nt.JPG.77b89c3ef1e537e13fb5af054b705e7c.JPG

On 3/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, ErikElvis said:

I thought I ordered this from somewhere but I’ll be damned if I can figure out where 

Hate when that happens.

I had that happen with the 31J. It didn't seem like it was coming. I checked the usual sites and couldn't find the preorder anywhere. I was like i guess i forgot to preorder it so i bought one off mandarake. A month later it shows up at the door. LOL! I wish i could remember who the order was placed with. It might have been Lunar. Can't remember for sure though.