Mass CG project ...

Aztek

WIP

After seeing Aztek pilot's chair , I started looking at colour in the cockpit and fitting the pilot

I still need to do work on the colours used inside the cockpit and the HUD.I also had to redo parts of the chair , ergonomics was way out

If there is any nice refrence that shows a HUD layout (Picture in the HUD)in colour please post it , I know DOC had a very nice one on the old thread.

If you have any suggestions let me know

post-5-1073917491_thumb.jpg

WOW!

You guys are doing some amazing stuf here! I like to keep checking in on this thread occasionally. It seems like all of you are getting better and better at this stuff.

Please keep up the good work!

B))

I dunno, the wear may be a little too uniform. Maybe more wear on the feat, hands and pivot areas. A few blast marks and it should be kosher. Remember, this is a HANDS ON utility destroid. That why SK gave it hands instead of cannons. They should be filthy right now ...

Good work Mechmaster , that Spartan looks great !

WOZ , nice !

WIP

I did a HUD "Display" - what do you think ? :unsure:

I am not sure of all the colours and if there is to much colour , this is quick render in rhino without the glass shown

Let me know - Thanks

post-5-1074511111_thumb.jpg

Niiiice

But...

That's not a HUD. It's an instrument panel. HUD (Heads Up Display) is the one that shows data (such as the artificial horizont) directly in front of the pilots head. Thus he does'nt have to move his head. B))

Good work Mechmaster , that Spartan looks great !

WOZ , nice !

WIP

I did a HUD "Display" - what do you think ? :unsure:

I am not sure of all the colours and if there is to much colour , this is quick render in rhino without the glass shown

Let me know - Thanks

Nice!!!! more references for my VF-4 model!!!

You're almost there Dok. It's nice - very convincing.

I think it is being let down by the harsh base metal specular value - its too strong. The other thing that caught my eye straight away is the apparent stretching on the nose cone seam where the radar would be. Will look better when you texture the gunpod too ;)

Could i get some C&C from you guys on my model so far. I've been working on the model for the last few weeks, still a few moreparts to finish and remodel.

your model looks pretty good, just seen a flaw: you have done the nose as cylindric, it is not. I suggest you to try to find a front view of a valkyrie and see the shape of the nose, it will give you ideas

Here's an update on my VF2SS , modeling it's not finished and it can't transform yet, but I wanted to see how it could look with texturing, so I began with the textures.

Also, since there's so much people doing VF1s, I decided to drop mine and focus on the 2SS .... I think doing yet another VF1 is pretty redundant.

Just hope some of you will lend me your VF1s models in the future, when they'll be needed for a little project...

and sorry for not being able to post more often, real life is taking all my time.

regards!

Hi Guys. . .

First, you're all very talented. I've been mesmerized by this thread for at least two hours now. . . and have finally reached the end.

All of your work is very impressive. . . but Datterboy. . . wow. . . that VF-1 is just. . . incredible. I'm speechless!

Question: can someone like me who has no "old-school" artistic talent (can't draw free-hand worth a damn) get into this stuff and do it well? Or does old-school talent cross over into 3D modeling and rendering?

If I did want to start experimenting, can someone direct me to a good beginner's resource?

Again. . . incredible work guys! Just astounding!

H

my half textured vf2ss

Man that is looking sweet...I love the design of the VF-2SS. One question: Is this model intended for a flight sim mod? It looks to be fairly low poly, but captures the look of the mecha quite well.

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

Edited by mechaninac

Question:  can someone like me who has no "old-school" artistic talent (can't draw free-hand worth a damn) get into this stuff and do it well?  Or does old-school talent cross over into 3D modeling and rendering?

If I did want to start experimenting, can someone direct me to a good beginner's resource?

Hello,

To your first question I'd have to say yes. If I can ray-trace anyone can. Check out my TRON thread here. I'm not up to doing meshes yet like most of the objects here but I'm just building my models from primatives (boxes, spheres, cones, etc.) just like they did for these two subjects in TRON itself. My thinking was start where the profesionals started 20 years ago. You can get POV-Ray for free here and I got started by just reading the documentation that came with it and I've had fun so far.

Enjoy,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

my half textured vf2ss

Man that is looking sweet...I live the design of the VF-2SS. One question: Is this model intended for a flight sim mod? It looks to be fairly low poly, but captures the look of the mecha quite well.

Looking forward to seeing this finished.

yes, I do all my models with low polygon count so they can be used in flight sims eventually.

Funny you should say that Chrono, I just started a "South Ataria" custom scenery and runway(S) for FS2004. I'm hoping I can eventually import my valk for flying around the SDF-1 on the island ...

Heheh :) I'm gonna have to get this YF-19 I'm flying textured... I finally got the final version of the exterior model (I think :rolleyes: ) done, and into the game. I spent most of today figuring out how to make various parts of the plane reflective.

Actually, I've got all the tools, plugins, etc for exporting the planes to FS2002/4, so if you can get me a mesh with all the control surfaces, landing gear, moving parts, etc. modeled and movable, and the various textures needed, I could probably have a roughly working FS model for you inside a week. I can't guarantee it will fly well, but I can at least get the model into the game so you can sit on the runway and test out the controls. :)

Well talking about valk sims, someone is working on one now. A realistic flight simulator designed for macross valkyries. Well their webpage hasnt been updated in a long time. But there has been some activity on the sourceforge page. this is really what everyone who talks about a valkerye flight sim really wants. Im really surprised that not that many people seem to know about it here.

Homepage

Sourceforge workpage

They have some alphas out. But they havent stated a windows port yet..hopefully they havent canned the sim.

I been trying to learn new rendering types

This render took 1/2 hours , it's and old model with many mistakes by the result looks ... :blink:

I hope you like it , I used a HDRI image with global illumination.

Tell me what you think about the effect. ( Maybe I shoud post this in the model kit building forum :D )

Mod ( Sorry for the big image)

post-5-1075972938_thumb.jpg