Gundam.com

Boxer

Gundam Project > Gundam.com

Past tense, of course.

Before it went offline, didn't they close down the message board also due to them damn kids trolling the boards?

Those kids need to be taught a lesson! :angry:

Sadly I don't think that's far off from the truth...

...If you accept the notion that the 'barbarians' came from Gundamproject.com. Simmons had to axe the forums first because of the nonsense going on there, then the general site when things started to get messy.

Can you belive people actually still posted in those boards after they went down? There was one thread in one topic and I kid you not, there were people there still posting and talking about general things!

Yes, it is a shame. I knew some great people there. I always liked Gundam.com's MBs because it was a place for me to go. Ever since I've been drifting across the message boards looking for a place to chat. This is one of them. The Megatokyo boards are another. The last is over at Steel Battalion Central (Boxer there, too) but it's down for the moment...

Edited by Boxer

The general site was gone because Simmons was hired by Bandai to do Gundam work as a subcontractor. Their contract probably had a clause that prevented him from doing Gundam work for free so he figured he might as well take down whatever was already done, including Kieth Rhee's work.

Too bad he didn't pass the torch on to someone else like Keith did.

i think Macrossworld needs a redesign in order to better link the forums to the rest of the site. for instance, the forums could be within a general site template as a table (frames bad!). that way you could have some SSIs (like news, etc) on the side at all times.

just a thought

That is really a shame.

Because I recall Simmon's Gundamproject site had FAR MORE content, images, story, and informaiton than ANY OTHER GUNDAM SITE OUT THERE! Including Gundam.com. If they crushed Gundamproject just to have simmons do minimal work on some books that are out there (As for the 'guide'- it's a rehash of a magazine I have...) then I don't thikn it's worth it.

Sad, too. Because I've moved beyond gundam to other things- like Macross, and Eva...and Nadesico...

Not likely, unless they appease the massive fan horde of DBZ fans by making another GGundam...

Or if they dub and release Gundam Seed.

They could also try to put it on toonami, but of course nothing must topple the crowing series that is DBZ... [/sarcasm]

We need more Macross.

-NOS

Gah! Where do they find these kids?

Wrong. Robotech.com is much worse.

Heh, the last time I made one of my extremely infrequent visits to RT.com, I saw they had topics like 'Rick Hunter vs Luke Skywalker' and Superman vs Goku', so I turned around and left in a hurry :p

Graham

-NOS

Gah! Where do they find these kids?

Wrong. Robotech.com is much worse.

Heh, the last time I made one of my extremely infrequent visits to RT.com, I saw they had topics like 'Rick Hunter vs Luke Skywalker' and Superman vs Goku', so I turned around and left in a hurry :p

Graham

I would too! Look,what type of topics are these? Have these guys taken too much beating to the head?

Not likely, unless they appease the massive fan horde of DBZ fans by making another GGundam...

Or if they dub and release Gundam Seed.

They could also try to put it on toonami, but of course nothing must topple the crowing series that is DBZ... [/sarcasm]

We need more Macross.

Gundam Seed is coming to Toonami in April. News of its US release has been around since last year.

Graham

LMAO. Let's not forget to mention that teknoman person who does nothing but ask questions. At one point, he even wanted to know what Girls Gone Wild and Hooters were and why.

Here are some random acts of stupidity on that board:

A Robotech fan's comments on the Japanese

Does anyone know what this person's talking about?

This guy's so full of it. He claims to be the fan art king, but if you have membership access, you'll see how piss-poor all of his works are.

LMAO. Let's not forget to mention that teknoman person who does nothing but ask questions. At one point, he even wanted to know what Girls Gone Wild and Hooters were and why.

Here are some random acts of stupidity on that board:

A Robotech fan's comments on the Japanese

Does anyone know what this person's talking about?

This guy's so full of it. He claims to be the fan art king, but if you have membership access, you'll see how piss-poor all of his works are.

1)What did he say! Boy he'll taste my katana! :D:p

2)WEIRDO! :p

3)WANNABE! :p

LOL, RT.com is pretty funny, for a little while. Then it just gets stupid. It honestly makes G.com look like the dominion of some of the greatest minds in the universe.

You got that right!

Edited by Angel's Fury

He claims to be the fan art king, but if you have membership access, you'll see how piss-poor all of his works are.

That's cause its MGREXX. He's gotten his ass banned in a number of places....not the least of which is Robotech.com, repeatedly, and here at MacrossWorld if Im not mistaken.

BTW someone can make ANYTHING sound stupid if they want to.....its easy. People do it with religion and politics all the time. <_<

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

MGREXX has been banned more then 20 times if I recall during his entire time at Robotech.com. He gets banned, says he is sorry and is allowed to come back by Steve, he acts like an ass and gets banned again, repeat. Bah, I can't believe I defended the forums as long as I did back in the day. Its sometimes really sad to browse those forums, though there are a number of cool and high quality posters there but with all the rest of forum you wouldn't know that.

Going back to the Gundam.com forums, I had fun posting there, even though I had a major conflict with this guy named Demon Slayer Kash. Last year, there was a Coke vs. Pepsi thread. Naturally, I posted my anti-Pepsi Blue pic. Kash did not take it lightly and posted something that sounded like this:

"How dare you make fun of Pepsi Blue. DIE!"

I know it's a joke, but telling others to die is uncool; so I posted a complaint on it to the mods. Next thing I knew, Kash was cussing me out and grilling me with personal attacks not even related to the topic. In the process, he made himself look bad in front of the mods and everyone else.

I don't belive this!

The Steel Battalion boards i used to visit are shot too! Not only that, but the ENTIRE SITE FOLDED!!!!

Shesh, what is it with guide sites? At least MW seems stable for now...

First Gundamproject...now Steel Battalion Central...

Well actually now that I thick about Gundam.com days the thing that got me were the people who had only read the MAHQ reviews and thought that they were hot crap and new everything. So of course they went by the ratings on MAHQ to judge what was good and what wasn't. THOSE people pissed me off not the wingers.

You have no idea how much that annoys me. I've seen PLENTY of idiots making stupid statements about something based on having only read my reviews. I recall some kid saying once that Zeta was his favorite series of all because of my reviews, even though he'd never seen it. I still don't get it.

As for Gundam Project, Mark Simmons is the main man behind Gundam Official. If you look at the new content, it's basically Gundam Project Mk III. The UC timeline, the profiles, the glossary of terms...all of that is straight out of the old files of GP. I don't think Mark actually does the updating on Gundam Official, otherwise it'd probably be worked on at a more regular pace.

Steel Battalion was the best commercial Mech simulator TO DATE.

http://steel-battalion-clan.pippin.us

Used to be the page. Folded indefinately because of the expected increase in posters. Despite being expensive, SB had A LOT of fans that played the game. The next Sb game, Line of Contact, used the same controller but was the next game in the series. It also had internet-capable play, wheras Steel Battalion did not.

But now it's GONE! And I have no idea where everyone on that site went or are going to! SB had the GREATEST mech designs I have ever seen! They even top Macross!

GAh! ANd it was the DEFINATIVE guide to Steel Battalion! It had everything from walkthroughs to the Vertical Tank Guides and to the latest of the up-and-comming LoC (Even a countdown timer) now, like GUndamproject, it's gone...