Star Wars Episode III Clip

Mr March

Lucas so far looks like he will redeem himself big time with this one. Obi-wan and Anakin look like they are going to light each other up. Lots of lightsaber combat outside of the grand fight as well.

It will indeed be a long wait until the movie arrives. I don't know if more teasers will make the wait worse or not during that time.

Which codec do you need to view the movie? I've downloaded the latest divx and xvid codecs to no avail. :huh:

I had to download it from two different sources. The first one the file was corrupt or something somehow. The other worked just fine.

From TheForce.Net:

EP3: Longest Fight in Cinema History

Sat, Jan 24, 04 11:38:41 PM EST

SG sends us the text of a sweet new interview with Nick Gillard the lightsaber master of Episode III. In an interview with today's Times Magazine (UK) he gives a few great previously unknown tidbits. Here's a clip of some of the best - including one awesome detail:

How do you set about concocting a light-sabre fight?

In the script it’ll say, “A thrilling light-sabre fight ensues.” That’s all you get. So then I talk to George Lucas and ask him how long the fight is and take it from there.

Where do you get your inspiration?

I got the Jedi style from all the great sword styles. Only about 12 people on Earth know it and can read the moves off the page. But I invented it, so I can beat them all, though Hayden Christiansen, who plays Darth Vader, is the toughest. The skill is mostly balance and having your feet in the right place. In the next film, Ewan [McGregor] has more than 1,000 moves, which are more complicated to learn than dialogue. The climactic fight scene is, at 12 minutes, the longest fight scene in cinema history.

12 minutes !?! :o:D

Sweetness.

I just hope we get to see Vader fight some at the end, as he makes his rounds so to speak. To not show Vader in action would be the equivalent BS of not showing Riker's new ship in ST: Nemesis IMO.

I agree, we need to see Vader in action even if only for a few seconds. Just leading troops into battle while the stormtroopers/clonetroopers are killling around him would be good. 12 minutes is a long time. It will be great if that is 12 mins straight and its not broken up with other scenes.

I doubt we see him do anything, as the fight takes place near the end of the film.

Agreed. Anakin's betrayal, and his near destruction at the hands of Obi Wan is not only the climax of Episode 3, but the entire Prequel Trilogy. But that's not to say that we won't see the pre-mechanical Vader lay the smackdown on the Jedi order. ;)

I don't care what else happens in ep III, I just wanna see Anakin, Mace or Obi Wan decapitate Jar Jar.

Graham

He should have had an accident in the first one.

Wow, this means we may see Storm Troopers actually shoot on target for once! :o Ditch the visor thingies: Bring on the real helmets.

Edited by Anubis