Official Tanmen Order Thread

Myersjessee

Hear hear, also those of you not involved in the ordering debacle stop posting.

Understood, edited my posts, it's up to others to follow suit or not. Joking around is one thing, but not when people are anxiously waiting for an update. ;) My apologies.

On good point though, is that the forum tells you who posted to the thread last and when, without you even having to click on the thread. If it wasn't "Jesse" or "Rob" who posted, then that probably means there has not been an update.

I'll read and not post from this point forward.

PS: By the way, it's "here, here" as opposed to "hear, hear."

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Jesse has okay'd me to post the update directly into this thread.

So my wife just got off the phone with TANMEN. Sad to say he has not mailed the kits out yet. He told us that he was very busy working on Konami projects and was unable to get them to the Post Office on the promised day. When asked when he could do it he said that he didn't know. Of course that was unacceptable and my wife let him know just that. So here is basically what is going to happen. To help smooth this process along, (And being extremly frustrated) I told him to just send me the kits. I will in turn send them out promptly. He said he is going to send the resins and a refund check for the shipping. He can have them sent to me without having to leave his house. But to send it via EMS he has to take it to the Post Office, which according to him he hasn't had time. He will be sending them to me on the 20th of this month.

I hope that this is acceptable to all who are involved. I know that I really have no part in this but I would like to make sure this finishes okay.

Rob MN

Acceptable? at this point I'll take anything if the result ends in me getting my kit. Wow Rob thank you and thank your wife for helping us out, really appreciate it. You've really gone out of your way.

Regards,

Chad

P.S., are you guys registered anywhere for the baby, please let us know, really.

Edited by Grayson72

Rob... you AND your wife are wonderful... Thank you so much for all you've done...

And as Grayson said... please let us know if you are registered for your baby, I'm sure a lot of us would be happy to help you out for a change. :D

Yes Rob....THANKS! I like the baby idea...do you guys need anything else? Maybe we could all pitch in for a thank you gift.

And Rob... please don't be the nice guy and say that it's not neccessary for us to show our gratitude... "hurt old man feelings" :p:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Hello All,

Jesse has okay'd me to post the update directly into this thread.

So my wife just got off the phone with TANMEN. Sad to say he has not mailed the kits out yet. He told us that he was very busy working on Konami projects and was unable to get them to the Post Office on the promised day. When asked when he could do it he said that he didn't know. Of course that was unacceptable and my wife let him know just that. So here is basically what is going to happen. To help smooth this process along, (And being extremly frustrated) I told him to just send me the kits. I will in turn send them out promptly. He said he is going to send the resins and a refund check for the shipping. He can have them sent to me without having to leave his house. But to send it via EMS he has to take it to the Post Office, which according to him he hasn't had time. He will be sending them to me on the 20th of this month.

I hope that this is acceptable to all who are involved. I know that I really have no part in this but I would like to make sure this finishes okay.

Rob MN

Any update on what happened on the 20th?

No news...sorry. I spoke to Rob this morning. His wife (who is due in a week with their newborn) was going to try and call today or tomorrow. I pity Tanmen to cross a very pregnant woman! :o

Hopefully this will all end soon....I have still not heard directly from Tanmen at all...so I must again thank Monkey Nugget for all of us, or I suspect we would be all out in the cold and forgotten by now. Thanks Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here we are almost an entire month later, and still no word, no models and no restitution...

This is the most ridiculous situation I've ever had with purchasing anything from anyone...

As I'm sure that if anyone had any information they would have posted it... but.... does anyone have any information?? THanks.

My apologies for the lack of information. I am planning on calling him again to find out what is wrong..or what happened.

I want my wife to make the call as she can communicate with him without mis-understandings. She just got out of the Hospital from having our baby...so I am not going to ask her to do anythng right now. I hope you can understand.

Rob

Edited by Monkey-N

Monkey - don't worry about it man... Just do what you can, when you can... It's appreciated... I just post about once every month and a half or so just to vent my frustration....

Let us know when you have something....

Thanks again. :)

hello to all involved,

My wife just got off the phone with TANMEN in an hour long conversation. basically what it comes down to is he said he will send the models to me by next week. If by chance he does not follow through, I will have another call placed to him.

So I sincerely hope that he follows through. I know that he has been given many opportunites to fufill his comitment to those who purchased something. It is my sincere hope that this will be finished soon.

Rob

Yeah Rob, He is the nicest guy isnt he? And I dont even have any stake in this thread except to offer my pity to all of you. I love tanmen's work but what a slacker. He must not be a real japanese haha. But Rob is really great he always offers his help no matter how busy he is and I appreciate it so very much.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

I wasn't at home today and I got home late. However I do have a mail notice that I have received a box containg models. The return address was TANMEN. I have to wait until tomorrow to have them delivered again to my house.

I have yet to see them so I will keep everyone posted. :)

Rob MN

Edited by Monkey-N

UPDATE

I wasn't at home today and I got home late. However I do have a mail notice that I have received a box containg models. The return address was TANMEN. I have to wait until tomorrow to have them delivered again to my house.

I have yet to see them so I will keep everyone posted. :)

Rob MN

AWESOME NEWS ROB!!!! THANKS!!!

If those are finally our models I'm going to church on Sunday :lol:

lol... :D

Jesse:

Now... I kind of forgot what is supposed to happen with my missing model... I was the only one that ordered the VF-4... And I'm definitely not getting it..... so am I getting a Dragon II instead, or a refund... Sorry, but I really can't rememer. :unsure:

Thanks for the update Rob!!

Okay...so...here is the deal. Rob has the models...we have good news and bad. Bad news is the Dragons don't come with decals or instructions. Good news is they do have white metal. While I'm not eccstatic about that I'm happy we got something and we will try and work on getting decals and instructions for the kits.

Tanmen flaked out on us on one final item...shipping. His first emails clearly state we were buying shipping for everything, but now he doesn't agree with that. Anyways...Rob got the models, but no money to ship them to the US. So, I paid $90 out of my pocket to get them here to the US.

So...here is my plan. I have a box with the Dragon kits that everyone is owed. In addition I got Tanmen to send us some extra Dragon kits and some Catseye kits. (the later were going to be "2nds" as the molds were dying...I need to check them out for quality) I am going to be offering these kits to people who are owed models first. If they want them for compensation they will get them. Obviousley, if the kits are worth less then what they are owed they will still be owed money, and if the kits are worth more they will owe money back (which I will use to pay other people owed money) Any that are not wanted I will sell to cover the money owed back to people and the shipping charges to the US. I am not intending on making a profit here, just breaking even...but if we do happen to make extra money I will divy it up as best I can.

I have emailed with some people already...please don't bombarb me with PM's yet...I will be contacting the owed parties over PM this weekend first...once deals are finalized there I will post any kits that are remaining...if there are any remaining. Anyways...it seems like there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel...whew.

One final thought...if we make extra money selling the kits (I'm doubting we will...but maybe) I thought I might offer to send it to Rob for all his hard work and or maybe commision Anasazi to do some Dragon decals for the Dragon kit owners...just thoughts. I think it's possible we will make a couple hundred dollars...so while thats only like $5 a piece for us it might be enough to split between Rob and Anasazi as a gift and a work fee. Think about it...Ill update as things go.

Kits will most likely arrive end of next week...once I have them in hand Ill update again on quality and any quantity remaining.

Thanks.

OMG I don't believe it, after two years I'm gonna finally get my dragon model.

I really don't care about decals at this point I've got bags of those I can use, the ones he included in his other kits sucked anyway.

Don't anyone even mention the word recast.

Edited by Grayson72