Official Tanmen Order Thread

Myersjessee

Last time I checked you were in CA...now talk about your long train ride! :p

Actually, I would bet he would love the help...carrying all the models we would want! :)

Grayson...I dont know...but he has an address...so Im thinking the next order I would ever make would be best made if someone could pick it up....

"Throw me the whip"

"Throw me the models!!! "

Edited by Myersjessee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks....holiday update. Santa Monkey got another call into Tanmen for us. Ill just include his text:

...Basically it was a short conversation. he said that he is sending you the money by the end of this month. So basically in the next 8 days he will be sending it out to you. He said that he still has computer problems and that is why he couldn't e-mail you. ...Robby/Monkey-Nugget

So...here is hoping we get our money back soon. The last package only took a little while to arrive, so I am thinking we should see somthing by the end of the first week in January....perhaps give him till the middle of January and see what happens.

Thanks again to Rob for your help on this!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well....here is the latest...no news update... :( Unfortatly, despite the fact I was supposed to have gotten an email by now, and we were supposed to have gotten a refund by now nothing....nada...zip. :angry:

I guess I just dont have the patience to deal with this guy...it's been a year...and our last email was 6 months ago.....had it not been for the time and persistence of another member in Japan who could communicate not only the Japanese language but the language of honor amongst modelers...well...I wonder if we would have seen anything by now. (Thanks Monkey Nugget! )

So...back to the same old story...Ill be sending another email to Tanmen. Ill keep it short and simple (since he doesn't have an english translator. Rob has voluntered to phone him again for a status. At this point WF is a month away....maybe he will have more money to pay us back then...or maybe some kits finished. Rob found this link which I found interesting...I have bablefished it for what that is worth (below)

The intersting thing to me is:

I dont see the Dragon at all on the list..even as a demo! :(

He mentions the SD VF11, SD Strike, and VF4...but with the initial comment "If the demand is many" Perhaps someone could translate better for me...I read into that they are not ready, but could be if he gets enough preorders...whats up with that?

Yet...through all this I read about the possibility of things like:

1/72 VF-3000 (advanced Valkyrie)

1/72 V-BR-2

1/72 VF-9 (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX M3)

And I find myself looking through my design works and looking at the designs longingly...he is a master sculpter...I just wish he was a better businessman. Well...here is hoping he gets back to us this time. As always...to the members stuck in limbo...my apologies...if I had known...well...we wouldn't be in this mess.

LINK

Wonder Festival 2004 Winter

Day and time 2004 February 22nd (day) 10:00 - 17:00

Place Tokyo international display room (Tokyo big sight) west exhibition ridge 1 2 hole + atriums

Sponsorship Wander - festival Executive Committee/(Inc.) oceanic hall

Dealer name UNCM

Table number Undecided

Sale contents Original garage kit, food Šß ƒIƒ}ƒP \100 city, member model magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Event exhibition schedule after the next time (while producing) character item *

Always all point it can exhibit being it does not limit, please acknowledge the exhibition schedule item beforehand with the condition and the like regarding "the copyright" acquisition of each event. In addition, the picture and the like of the item and also it is schedule of upload at the point in time when event participation has become secure in regard to the sale quantity and selling price etc..

Tank type item

1/144 E-79 (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg)

1/144 E-79bis (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg bis. )

1/144 short bulls (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg)

1/144 T69E3 (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg)

1/144 ƒIƒŠƒI[ƒ‹ (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg)

1/144 ƒIƒŠƒI[ƒ‹ long gun types (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg bis. )

1/144 ƒIƒŠƒI[ƒ‹ it is short gun type (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg bis. )

1/144 „I „R-152 (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg)

1/144 „Rc -122 „ƒ (ƒpƒ“ƒcƒ@[ƒtƒƒ“ƒg)

Gundam type item

1/1200 Ra ƒJƒCƒ‰ƒ€ (ƒVƒƒƒA of movement soldier Gundam counterattack)

1/1200 ƒy[ƒ‹ƒMcƒ“ƒg (movement soldier Gundam 0083)

1/1200 ƒTƒ‰ƒ~ƒX reforming (movement soldier Z Gundam)

1/120000 spaces colony side 3 (movement soldier Gundam)

It can exhibit with the progress of job, or is not possible or...

1/1200 ƒOƒƒWƒ“ (movement soldier Gundam)

1/1200 ƒ€ƒTƒC(movement soldier Gundam)

NON scale space fortress SOLOMON (movement soldier Gundam)

If demand is many

1/1200 Albion(movement soldier Gundam 0083)

1/1200 Gray phantoms (movement soldier Gundam 0080)

1/1200 ƒTƒ‰ƒ~ƒX reforming(movement soldier Gundam 0083)

1/1200 ƒTƒ‰ƒ~ƒX (movement soldier Gundam)

1/120000 spaces colony "side 6" (movement soldier Gundam)

ƒ}ƒNƒƒX item

SD VF-1S strike Valkyrie (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX theater edition)

SD VF-1A/J/S super Valkyrie (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX)

SD VF-11B (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD VF-1A/J/S moth walk(super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX)

SD VF-1S strike Valkyrie moth walk(super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX theater edition)

SD YF-19 first pack (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD YF-21 first pack (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD VF-4 (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX flashback 2012)

SD VF-1D (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX)

SD VF-1D moth walk (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX)

1/72 VF-4 (ƒŠƒƒCƒN edition)(super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX flashback 2012)

It can exhibit with the progress of job, or is not possible or...

SD YF-19 moth walk(ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD YF-21 moth walk (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD VF-11B first pack (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD VF-11B moth walk (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD ƒ[ƒ“ƒgƒ‰[ƒfƒB air war pod (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX)

1/72 VF-3000 (advanced Valkyrie)

1/72 V-BR-2

1/72 VF-9 (super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX M3)

If demand is many

SD VF-1A/J/S Valkyrie fighter (Ver.1)(super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX)

SD VT-1 super ostrich(super spatial-temporal fortress ƒ}ƒNƒƒX theater edition)

SD YF-19 fighter (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

SD YF-21 fighter (ƒ}ƒNƒƒX plus)

The picture and the like production midwayis published to "AREA-Tanmen".

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I sent three or four email messages off in a few days to Tanmen asking for a status....and I got one! First email from him in 6 months..... Anyways..here is what it says...I can't translate it effectively...though it seems to say the Dragon is close and a lot of stuff about Iraq and tanks (it came with a picture of some resin tanks??? ) Anyways...if anyone can help translate it that would be appreciated.

Dear Jesse,

‚±‚ñ––‚ÍA

UNCONTEMPORARY MODELING

’·è‚Å‚·B

‚È‚©‚È‚©˜A—‚Å‚«‚¸‚É‚½‚¢‚Ö‚ñ\‚µ–ó‚ ‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB

‘΃EƒBƒ‹ƒXƒ\ƒtƒg‚𓱓ü‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚È‚ª‚çA‰½‚ç‚©‚̃vƒƒOƒ‰ƒ€UŒ‚‚É‚æ‚è2

‘ä‚ ‚éƒRƒ“ƒsƒ…[ƒ^‚Ì2‘ä‚Æ‚à‚ª“®‚©‚È‚­‚È‚Á‚Ä‚µ‚Ü‚Á‚½‚½‚ßAC•œ‚Ì‚½

‚ß‚É‚ ‚炽‚ß‚Ä3‘ä–Ú‚ðw“ü‚µ‚Ü‚µ‚½‚ª‚»‚ê‚à“®‚©‚È‚­‚È‚Á‚Ä‚µ‚Ü‚¢

iWindows‚̃ŒƒWƒXƒgƒŠƒtƒ@ƒCƒ‹‚ð”j‰ó‚·‚éƒEƒBƒ‹ƒX‚©ƒvƒƒOƒ‰ƒ€‚ðŽdŠ|

‚¯‚ç‚ꂽ‚悤‚Å‚·BjA‚‚¢æ“ú‚悤‚â‚­3‘ä–Ú‚¾‚¯‚ª•œ‹Œ‚Å‚«‚½ó‘Ô‚Å

‚·B

ƒ‚ƒfƒ‹ƒOƒ‰ƒtƒBƒbƒNƒXŽi2004”N2ŒŽ†No.231j‚ÉŒfÚ‚³‚ê‚Ü‚µ‚½‚ªAŒ»

ݻ쒆‚̃Rƒiƒ~»•iu1/144—¤ãŽ©‰q‘àƒVƒŠ[ƒYv‚ÌŒ´Œ^‚ð»ì‚µ‚Ä

‚¢‚Ü‚·i“Y•tƒtƒ@ƒCƒ‹A144jgsdf.jpgjBuŽ©‰q‘àv‚ÉŠÖŒW‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚邱‚Æ‚à‚ 

‚èuƒCƒ‰ƒN”hŒ­v‚ªŒˆ’肵‚½‚µ‚½Žž“_‚©‚çƒXƒPƒWƒ…[ƒ‹‚ª’è‚Ü‚ç‚È‚¢‚½‚ß

uƒ}ƒNƒƒXv‚ÉŒÀ‚炸ƒCƒxƒ“ƒgo•i—\’è‚ÌuƒLƒƒƒ‰ƒNƒ^[‚à‚Ìv‚Ì»ì‚Íi

‚ñ‚Å‚¢‚Ü‚¹‚ñB¡Œã‚àAƒCƒ‰ƒN‚É”hŒ­‚³‚ꂽŽ©‰q‘à‚ª–³Ž–‚É‹A‘‚·‚é‚Ü

‚Å󋵂͕ςí‚ç‚È‚¢‚ÆŽv‚¢‚Ü‚·B

u1/72 ƒhƒ‰ƒSƒ“‡Uv‚¾‚¯‚Í‚ ‚Æ”ŒÂ‚Ì•”•i‚ÅŠ®¬‚È‚Ì‚Å‹ß‚¢‚¤‚¿‚É”­‘—

‚Å‚«‚é‚ÆŽv‚¢‚Ü‚·‚ªA‚»‚Ì‘¼‚̃Lƒbƒg‚ÌŠ®¬ŽžŠú‚Í‚Ü‚Á‚½‚­–¢’è‚Æ‚È‚Á‚Ä

‚µ‚Ü‚Á‚½‚Ì‚Åu1/72 VF-4vAuSD VF-1SvAuSD VF-11Bv‚Ì‘ã‹àu\52,500_v

‚ÍuINTERNATIONAL POSTAL MONEY ORDERv‚ňê“x‚¨•Ô‚µ‚¢‚½‚µ‚Ü

‚·Buƒhƒ‰ƒSƒ“‡Uv‚Ì”­‘—‚ªuƒƒ“ƒ_[ƒtƒFƒXƒeƒBƒoƒ‹2004“~v‘OŒã‚É‚È‚é

‚ÆŽv‚¤‚Ì‚ÅA’x‚­‚Ä‚àuƒhƒ‰ƒSƒ“‡Uv‚ƈê‚É”­‘—‚µ‚Ü‚·B

–œ‚ªˆêAuƒuƒbƒVƒ…‘å“—Ìv‚ªÄ‘I‚³‚ê‚Ä¡Œã‚àuƒAƒƒŠƒJŒRv‚ªuƒCƒ‰ƒNv

‚É‹À‚葱‚¯‚é‚悤‚È‚çuŽ©‰q‘àv‚à‹A‚Á‚Ä—ˆ‚ç‚ê‚È‚¢‚Å‚µ‚傤‚©‚çAuƒ}

ƒNƒƒXŒnv‚̃AƒCƒeƒ€‚Í¡Œã‚à–¢Š®¬‚Ì‚Ü‚Ü‚Æ‚È‚é‚ÆŽv‚¢‚Ü‚·B

‚Æ‚¢‚¤‚±‚Æ‚ÅAŽæ‚è‹}‚¬‚²˜A—‚Ü‚ÅB

UNCONTEMPORARY MODELING

’·è ”üŽ¡

27 January,2004

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

UNCONTEMPORARY MODELING(UNCM)

§232-0051 _“Þ쌧‰¡•lŽs“ì‹æˆä“yƒ–’Jã’¬23-30

TEL/FAX 045-741-2734

e-mail uncm@nifty.com

tanmen@246.ne.jp

tanmen@q02.itscom.net

URL http://homepage2.nifty.com/uncm/index.htm

http://www.246.ne.jp/~tanmen/index.htm

http://home.p08.itscom.net/tanmen/index.html

Thanks Rob...well..All...here is the translation.

I am seriously sorry that I have not been able to contact you. I had 2

computers which were attacked by a virus. Both of them are down. I

repaired them but I was attacked by a virus again. I have bought another

computer, a total of 3 now. But it also obtained a virus. Iit seems that

the virus or program destroys the registry file of Windows). I have just

fixed the 3rd computer today. I have been very busy working on a project

for Konami and Model Graphics Magazine (2004 Feb No.231). The prototype of

the KONAMI product "1 / 144 Ground Self Defense Force series". (See

attached file, 144jgsdf.jpg). Because of this I have been unable to work on

other projects. Also related to the "Self-Defense Forces" -- Since a

schedule does not become settled from the time of "the Iraq dispatch" it was

determined not to make other items and to work on the project and not only

"MACROSS" And I cannot work on the project until the Self-Defense Forces

dispatched to Iraq continue comes back safely I think that a situation will

not change by then.

The "1 / 72 Dragon?" is almost complete. I only need to make a few parts

and it should be completed in the near future, and I will be able to send

them. I am not sure when the other kits will be completed, but I think I

can do it. But I have no idea when I can complete them.

Because I did not complete (?) the VF-4 1/72, SD VF-1S and SD VF-11B I will

send an International Postal Money Order for 52,500 yen after the

completeion of Wonder Festival. But if the Dragon II is not finished by

then, do you want to wait for me to send the IPMO or send them seperatly?

Should, "President Bush" be re-elected and in the future sends the "U.S.

Forces" to "Iraq". If it the occupation continues and the US troops stay

there, delaying the return of the "Self-Defense Forces" and they do not come

back, I do not think I can finsh the Macross items unless the SDF comes back

quickly.

Nagasaki

First..thanks again to Rob for the quick translation and all the help. 2nd....what to do...

Well...sounds like he has conceded to return all the money except what was put into the Dragon models, which sound like they will be done soon. I'm tempted to say I'm okay with that. It also sounds like if he fails to get the Dragons done in a timely fashion he will reimburse us for those. I can:

1) Insist on all the money now after WF. (inclusive of the Dragon kit money) I don't know if this will happen as he is not offering it as an option but I can try it.

2) Accept the money for all the kits but the Dragon and give him a time frame to please hit when sending it. Additionally, give him a time frame we would expect the Dragon in ( "If you can have the Dragon kits done by X we would be happy to wait for them, if not we would appreciate a refund... " )

Considering it sounds like he thinks this will be soon for the Dragon, we might be best to see if we can get this final kits and give him another month or two. I'm concerned because this story is different from the story he told me last email (6 months ago) and from all the phone conversations Rob has set up with him....but, hopefully this time he will come through as promised and this debacle may wrap up... I'm also concerned about the commments about Iraq..it almost sounds like he is threatening if Bush doesn't leav Iraq all bets are off? Could that be? Well...please give me some feedback before I respond to Tanmen.

Jesse

I really wan't the Dragon kit but I am tired of waiting on this guy. He sounds a litle flakey but there probably is something lost in translation. I can't be sure if the "Bush/SDF" thing isn't a joke. He could have been trying to make a pun in regards to SDF and Macross.

I say we try to get the Dragon kits and give him another three months. It has been about a year since he was paid for this stuff.

For those of us who didn't order a dragon but have something else on order, could we get a dragon instead? Any possibility of that happening? I know that it would be really tough to do since we're having so many problems already and I don't want to complicate it any more.

Well, I didn't order a Dragon, so option 2 doesn't affect me...

I am happy that the refund will be coming for the VF-4 I ordered though...

I don't have a recommendation as to what option should be taken, so I will let the people who ordered the Dragon decide...

Thanks for the update Jesse! :)

Sounds like your option 2 is a good plan.  But I would like some clarification on what the heck he's talking about with Iraq.  The presidential vote occurs farther than than 3 months out.

It sounds like as long as the jieitai (Japanese Self-Defense Forces "SDF") are currently deployed to Iraq, he will have his hands full with the commissioned Self-Defense Force related Konami products to be featured in Model Graphix, and thus will have no time to make anything relating to Macross.

Edited by imode

Okay...sounds like everyone thinks we should give him time for the Dragons, but request a completion time. As for the rest of the stuff, we will ask for our money back. Right? Can anyone right a nice note in Japanese for me? (I hate to keep bugging Monkey Nugget...but I am sure he will if we no one else can )

• 2 weeks later...

I composed a new note to Tanmen. Rob (Monkey Nugget) was nice enough to translate it for us ) Ill send it out this week. Basically, I try to demand, without being insulting, that he either give us a full refund right after WF, or he give us the models...and models need to be done by April. I did allow for if he can finish the Dragon we would like those. Ill let you know when he replies. If he does not by the end of Feb I will ask Rob to call him (again! )

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is wishful thinking, but do you think there is any chance of him finishing the VF-4, or am I just s**t out of luck?

If I'm outta luck, then a refund will be nice.

I would like to order a bunch of stuff from Tanmen...Is it to late to join the list of wants?

Thanks

God did you not read this trhread?

I did read the thread (not trhread)...

If you can wait patiently then so can I. I've seen his work he is awesome!!

man!

I'm really sorry guys. Read all the threads going on here.

It took over a year for him to complete the orders I had sent him. He is always very busy, Macross is not the biggest priority in getting complete.

Rob-thank you very much for offering the translation services!! You are a great friend to everyone here. :)

If there is anything I can do please let me know. Tanmen and I used to talk on a regular basis (1999-2001)-he was slow, but he didn't ever flake on me.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn!

Coby...you know...I agree....my only real problem with him is his communication. I think this is a very kind, patient group...but we also expect some amount of consideration. I shouldnt have to be calling him to get an update....a simple note in Japanese once every 2-3 months with a timeline we can count on would be fine. "Gentlemen, sorry for all the delays...I now hope to be finished by... etc"

I dont know...his work is amazing...I was looking at the Catseye last night in wonder...wow...what a kit...I just wish this had not been such a nightmare...he represented the order as taking about 3-6 months...ah well...enough of my rant. I am going to send off another note today...if I dont hear back in a week I will ask Rob to call for an update. Tanmen expected to act on something by now...lets see what he has done..