yamato Queadluun-Rau... red only???

natgun

I'm sure its just meant to be a Millia (Miria... err... well forgive my spelling if I got either wrong)

depending on its popularity and if they get enough requests I'm sure they will release a green. Just like how there are now "Brown" Valks, before all that were really originally available (that I am aware of) were the Max/Mil/Hik/Roy versions.

May depend on how well Millia sells, but I would wager we'll see a Max and/or std Purple color.

ack! purple... lol I'm still in that confusion "Robotech/Macross" haze. I get them mixed up so easily :o In anycase I think if they do really well on the Millia version, then come out with other variations... hopefully! they will come out with the Destroids!! I heard that they have canceled them, anyone else hear that?

KNowing yamato, and how they like to milk all color posibilities, we'll see them in ANY color that showed in ANY macross episode, as well as ANY color scheme they think is cool (I.E. Low-Viz 1/48)

My estimation? 4-5 different color versions.

I'd say that's a very optimistic estimate. The 3 versions that have been talked about up to this point (red, blue, CF-purple) will be more than enough for Yamato to milk this mold. It's not like it's a VF-1. :rolleyes:

Edited by Draykov

ack! purple... lol I'm still in that confusion "Robotech/Macross" haze. I get them mixed up so easily :o In anycase I think if they do really well on the Millia version, then come out with other variations... hopefully! they will come out with the Destroids!! I heard that they have canceled them, anyone else hear that?

You may be thinking of HG's plan to rerelease the old Matchbox/HG/Exo-Squad 7" destroids. (I forget if Toynami was actually supposed to do the manufacturing.)

It was cancelled with an announcement that the molds had deteriorated. (People have expressed doubts about that claim, but we'll probably never know.)

Yamato has never announced any destroids other than a 1/60 Monster. No announcement regarding a cancellation, but the final release date also hasn't been announced.

I'm hoping for green myself. But I can settle for purple... I'm still undecided about Milia red but almost certain I'll pass on a blue (Max).

I think that since the design is based on DYRL?, a TV greenie may be a long shot. I'm trying to limit myself to the red Milia. Max and Milia 1/48s are going to drain me.

I'm hoping for green myself.  But I can settle for purple...  I'm still undecided about Milia red but almost certain I'll pass on a blue (Max).

I think that since the design is based on DYRL?, a TV greenie may be a long shot. I'm trying to limit myself to the red Milia. Max and Milia 1/48s are going to drain me.

they did make tv vf-1's sooooooo, Personally I wish they would just stick to 1 scale and make that one perfect

I'm hoping for green myself.  But I can settle for purple...  I'm still undecided about Milia red but almost certain I'll pass on a blue (Max).

they did make tv vf-1's sooooooo, Personally I wish they would just stick to 1 scale and make that one perfect

Yeah, but they were still a different version (VF-1J). You don't see any TV VF-1As running around...at least not any that aren't customs. I'm not saying it's impossible, but if there is any fine-tuning that needs to be done to change the appearance of the Q-Rau to make it conform to the TV version design, I don't think we'll see one. Actually, I'm really not sure what the differences are between the DYRL? and TV version besides color (if there are any) so who knows.

Edited by Draykov

Yeah, but they were still a different version (VF-1J). You don't see any TV VF-1As running around...at least not any that aren't customs. I'm not saying it's impossible, but if there is any fine-tuning that needs to be done to change the appearance of the Q-Rau to make it conform to the TV version design, I don't think we'll see one. Actually, I'm really not sure what the differences are between the DYRL? and TV version besides color (if there are any) so who knows.

mainly the antenna and the "eye" up front. the TV version i think looks more realistic, not too mention thats the one Im most familiar with

Yamato favors the DYRL colors b/c that's supposed to be the visual defiition of Space War I.

It's what Space War was really supposed to look like.

Maybe if the Q-Rau sells like crazy they'll come out with TV colors...but I doubt it. It's likely gonna be the red, blue and purple.

Edited by wyrm

I like the red Milia Q-rau. Most people seem to like Milia's Red VF-1J. And that paint job is just as "unrealistic" as the red Q-rau.

but I wouldn't mind a green one as well. Yamato shouldn't even bother with the blue Max Q-rau. This rule of "well if a Max toy gets released then Milia has to be released too or vice versa" has to stop. They get divorced for crying out loud lol

KNowing yamato, and how they like to milk all color posibilities, we'll see them in ANY color that showed in ANY macross episode, as well as ANY color scheme they think is cool (I.E. Low-Viz 1/48)

Could be worse.

They could milk every visual style that appeared, forcing them to create "YF-1R" toys....

Or they could make Orguss Valkyrie toys.

This rule of "well if a Max toy gets released then Milia has to be released too or vice versa" has to stop. They get divorced for crying out loud lol

whining- The official sport of MacrossWorld :p:lol:

Sorry that isn't whining. Whining is that dumb BS about the velcro missing from the box in that other thread. I was kind of being tounge & cheek about what I said.

Yamato will be making a mistake if they release the Max blue Q-rau.

Max = low sales.

Yamato will be making a mistake if they release the Max blue Q-rau.

Max = low sales.

I agree that the Max sales probably won't be that strong. But it's probably for completists who simply love the M&M combo. There are people out there who are just big Max and Milia fans and collect everything of those two. It was the best duel in Macross TV and DYRL after all and they are the two ace pilots. People just buy into that kinda thing.

I personally won't buy the Max either. The problem here is that while the VF-1J Milia actually played a big part in the TV series, the Q-Rau Max hardly did a thing.

However, it's not a "mistake" for Yamato as you say...how can it possibly be a mistake when it's such minimal cost for Yamato? They'll easily make their money back and then some with sales just from the completist collectors. All it costs Yamato is some paint and a new box...minimal.

I'm looking forward to the Purple one though...and I'm hoping this "secret" that Graham is promising will be an enemy mech... :)

I'm looking forward to the Purple one though...and I'm hoping this "secret" that Graham is promising will be an enemy mech... :)

Hope you´re right.

I´m dreaming with the DYRL? Nousjadeul-Ger. The Glaug never appeared in DYRL?, only green Regults. And Yamato favors DYRL? over the series (although there are some valks from the series). So Yamato might try with the Nous Ger in the future.

Hope to be proved wrong and see a TV Regult or Glaug. But I´d KILL for a DYRL? Nousjadeul-Ger.

I´m hoping for an upscaled 1/60 YF-19.

I´m dreaming with the DYRL? Nousjadeul-Ger. The Glaug never appeared in DYRL?, only green Regults.

Really? The Regult was green??? In that first scene where Max is in the VF-1A? I could have sworn that they were the same colors as TV...though I'd have to say that some of the green ones that I've seen pictures of are cool too.

I definitely would love a Regult...but they need to be reasonably priced so it's affordable to buy several (maybe $50? Kinda doubtful huh?).

And Yamato favors DYRL? over the series (although there are some valks from the series). So Yamato might try with the Nous Ger in the future.

I'd definitely like to see a Nous-Ger...they played a larg part in DYRL and the Regults hardly did anything (cept get blown up).

Not to mention that the Nous-Ger DYRL? version were really sweet looking...I'm not a big fan of the tv version... <_<

Edited by wyrm

I´m dreaming with the DYRL? Nousjadeul-Ger. The Glaug never appeared in DYRL?, only green Regults.

Really? The Regult was green??? In that first scene where Max is in the VF-1A? I could have sworn that they were the same colors as TV...though I'd have to say that some of the green ones that I've seen pictures of are cool too.

Movie version was green.

http://mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross.htm

Movie version was green.

Aahhh you're right. Not that I doubted it. Just didn't notice it myself. It's such a small difference...I like the blue just cause I like blue...but the green has a more rugged look to it and definitely fits the whole atmosphere in DYRL?.

I just love the DYRL? Nous-Ger compared to the TV version though. The TV version just looks comical, whereas the DYRL? version looks like a mean killing machine.

C'mon Yamato...the Q-Rau is such a great step in the right direction...more enemy mechs!