15 hours ago, Chronocidal said:
  Hide contents

That's not the last bite of a great meal spoiling it, that's finding out the meal gave you e.coli, and the ambulance running over your dog on the way to the hospital.

Why do so many of these movies go out of their way to completely destroy the characters we were teased, and actually interested in seeing?

I honestly was pretty ambivalent to this movie to begin with, but that kind of thing just makes me aggressively disinterested.

I wouldn't say it was that bad.:D A bit of a sour feel to the ending? Yes. Movie killing? No.

But then again, I choose to think that...

Spoiler

...1989 Batman is "still out there, fighting evil in another dimension!"

26 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Ha! I get that reference.😆

Referencing a great movie that sadly failed in its theatrical run, to cope with the mediocrity of a pointless, mostly crappy, movie that will go down in history as one of the worst money losing flops ever made.  That's the one positive aspect of a lazy, poorly executed, multiverse so-called plot:  It offers endless possibilities for alternate, actually good, stories to exist, even if the end result is that everything becomes completely inconsequential.

33 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

Referencing a great movie that sadly failed in its theatrical run, to cope with the mediocrity of a pointless, mostly crappy, movie that will go down in history as one of the worst money losing flops ever made.  That's the one positive aspect of a lazy, poorly executed, multiverse so-called plot:  It offers endless possibilities for alternate, actually good, stories to exist, even if the end result is that everything becomes completely inconsequential.

Or, just trying to be humorous rather than thinking everything has to be a deep dive into a simple movie. Which was a good movie, though your miles may vary. Like it or not, it's not the end of the world.:D

32 minutes ago, Thom said:

Or, just trying to be humorous rather than thinking everything has to be a deep dive into a simple movie. Which was a good movie, though your miles may vary. Like it or not, it's not the end of the world.:D

Oh, I get the humorous reference and appreciate it... maybe my point came across as too serious or acerbic.  As for it being a good movie... mileage will most definitely vary, wildly so, since that assessment is entirely subjective, and people are totally entitled to like a, objectively or subjectively, bad movie or despise a, again objectively or subjectively, good movie.  It's all a matter of personal perspective and taste... one man's trash is another's treasure and vice-versa, and in the great scheme of things, entirely pointless to everyone except the studios, and their investors, pumping out money losings bombs, and driving once profitable IPs into the ground, in rapid-fire succession.

6 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Oh, I get the humorous reference and appreciate it... maybe my point came across as too serious or acerbic.  As for it being a good movie... mileage will most definitely vary, wildly so, since that assessment is entirely subjective, and people are totally entitled to like a, objectively or subjectively, bad movie or despise a, again objectively or subjectively, good movie.  It's all a matter of personal perspective and taste... one man's trash is another's treasure and vice-versa, and in the great scheme of things, entirely pointless to everyone except the studios, and their investors, pumping out money losings bombs, and driving once profitable IPs into the ground, in rapid-fire succession.

:drinks:

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

As for Ezra Miller I think he was outstanding in the film and if he can sort himself I'd like to see him in more films. I do believe in second chances however he is getting more than one, which is very generous in today's over-reactive cancel driven media environment.

He hasn’t been bad in every movie, I just don’t like his version of the Flash. It’s too annoying for me.

Shame it's not doing so well. It's a good movie.

Although, if this is mostly accurate, I think I would have liked this a lot better!

I hope Gunn creates a universe better than the old one, because that looked damn promising!

Edited by Thom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm odd-guy out and thought it was (without shame) pretty good! I had fun watching this movie. The only problem I had was that Batman and Supergirl were killed in the end. Repeatedly. It could have been saved with the original ending but they didn't do that either.

h well...

I just saw it.  I'm not saying that it was a great movie, but considering I had extremely low expectations, especially as I'm not a fan of Ezra Miller in general or Ezra Miller's Flash specifically (based on Justice League), I thought it was pretty good.  Aside from the awful CGI.

Yeah I didn't hate it as much as expected, but damn it looks awful. I've been watching the 4K screen grab videos on Youtube, and while Youtube compression is awful there's no denying the CGI is just frakking terrible. Like, tie-in movie video game awful at times. So many scenes look so bad, there's a CG Henry Cavill and Affleck at one point when some major conflict bits are happening and wow, people laughed at Cavill's CG lips and moustache-less face, wonder what they thought of some of the scenes in this movie, yikes. 

• 2 months later...

Once again, a perfectly good resolution using the events of the 'parent movie' was ignored just to kill off '89 Bats and Supergirl. Not that they're really dead though. I prefer to think of them as battling evil, in another reality!*

😁

*dimension.