The Medicom - Mafex - RAH Thread

I grabbed Black Suit Snyder Superman for $65 on sale, killer price. I'll use him to replace my Figuarts Superman in my Snyder-League display, I like the Figuarts figure more, but the black suit just looks right with the rest of the League, I liked the Snyder Cut, so this works for me.

I'm considering grabbing the 2.0 Snyder-League Batman, but Mafex prices are frakking insane! Everyone gives Bandai crap for rising Figuarts prices, and I agree, but damn, Mafex is far more egregious IMO. All I have is a KO Mafex Batman, the Figuarts Justice League Batman was absolute garbage and I gave mine to one of my cousin's kids, maybe I'll wait and see if I can get the Mafex 2.0 for cheaper after release. 

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I'm considering grabbing the 2.0 Snyder-League Batman, but Mafex prices are frakking insane! Everyone gives Bandai crap for rising Figuarts prices, and I agree, but damn, Mafex is far more egregious IMO. All I have is a KO Mafex Batman, the Figuarts Justice League Batman was absolute garbage and I gave mine to one of my cousin's kids, maybe I'll wait and see if I can get the Mafex 2.0 for cheaper after release. 

All these Japanese figures are really getting expensive. Figuarts, Figma, Mafex and the stuff from square arts are just too expensive these days. There’s a lot of stuff I like and even when I really like an item, I still hesitate over the prices. I definitely don’t like the Hasbro marvel stuff, but I kinda wish there was a middle ground on price and looks. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Big s said:

Probably to keep the sculpted detail 

Given the fabric nature of his cape I really disagree with the use of weird split plastic and arm holes.  Unless there are swappable arms to remove them.

I’d get an action figure of The Deep long before I’d shame my shelf with any Aquaman figures. That being said, I’m gonna skip it even though they seemed to have done a pretty good job on it

I love The Boys, it's a great show, and I'd love to collect these and a full lineup of The Seven, but these prices are insane. Coupled with the lack of accessories on most of these and it's a pass, I get Mafex is gonna Mafex, but these prices are insane. 

8 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I love The Boys, it's a great show, and I'd love to collect these and a full lineup of The Seven, but these prices are insane. Coupled with the lack of accessories on most of these and it's a pass, I get Mafex is gonna Mafex, but these prices are insane. 

I don’t actually buy many of the mafex figures due to price, so something has to be a favorite character done really well. I did buy Brown suit Wolverine and Gambit, but I probably won’t buy many other figures. That being said, if Hasbro would do a bit better in quality, looks and packaging I’d buy from them. For now, I’m stuck avoiding certain figures either due to being priced out from Japanese figures or being disappointed by American toys.

• 4 weeks later...

With all the odd X-Men popularity, I’m wondering why they still haven’t done a Rogue comic style figure yet and wouldn’t mind Nightcrawler now that he’s getting a slight bit more showtime