Clear Fast packs (Fullset)

Solscud007

Who wants em?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants em?

• Yeah I want all fast packs clear including strike cannon
    • No I will go with Yamato

Im having Rohby recast the 1/48 fast pack armor clear, past what Yamato is doing.

Yamato only offers the following

2x Nosecones

2x Leg covers

2x Booster hatches

Im going beyond that by taking apart my fast packs and offering them as the master. Including what yamato has done he will make the arm armor clear, the strike canon, the lower half of the booster as well as the rear calf of the leg armors.

I realize there is nothing beneath these parts however I think it looks rather half assed with just what Yamato is making. The picture in the Dengeki hobby looks strange with half the booster clear and half normal. Perhaps if it was a straight split down the middle one whole side clear and one whole side normal then that would be interesting but its not.

So if interested please poll.

I do not have an estimate on the price. Of course because the pieces are rather large it will increase the price of the mold material. But I estimate a price tag of 30-40 dollars. However this is based on the complexity compared to a Joke machine which is only 50 bucks.

Also note that the metal contacts for the boosters will have to be removed from your own fast packs and swapped into the clear set as well as screws and so forth.

Please do not expect these to be crystal clear. After careful inspection it appears the yamato versions are jsut the same thing as the regular fast packs produced with clear plastic. Due to the rough finish Yamato gave the Fast packs it is apparent that it will be in the molds and distort the ability of the clear plastic to be completely trasnparent.

So will be the same for Rohby's recast. As we know from his wonderful recasts the detail will be there down to the smallest imperfection of the original which will include the dull finish

Edited by Solscud007

A few votes, no comments.

Well, the Yamato offer is limited so it will expire, so whether or not Rohby does it now or later really does not matter. The notion of clear fastpacks from head to toe is quite appealing, but considering that the Joke Machine was 50, the amount of labor being put into it justified the price, and all those little pieces. Unless the material is more expensive than the labor, I'd think a $35 price range is decent given the relative ease of the cast compared to little JM parts and no asembly, and 45-50 for a complete recast where we wouldn't have to sacrafice any of our existing fast pack parts.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for saying a casting will be done before Yamato's campaign ends...

:Dat

I'd have to see how it looked all clear, but I think it could be cool.

I voted YES.

While he's at it, why not cast selected parts of the Valk itself in clear?. The airbrake hatch, and the nosecone may look neat too.

Hey, are pics in sigs allowed now?

Edited by Mechamaniac

Yeah what Solscud said, "looks half asz",. :lol: .thats the exact thing i said when i saw them in the mag...Good minds think alike, better minds initiate action ....good one Solscud...

Go Rohby>>>>>>>>>Cannot wait to see a full sets of armour>>>>>

Maybe he can also do regular resin so we can keep ours in mint conditions for those who wants to paint them.

I also asked him to do the missile tree. For replacement missiles and MIBs.

Poor guys gonna be busy for the rest of 2004 and it has only started... :)

Edited by >EXO<

I'm not seeing the point in this project...

Yamato is making clear versions of those select parts so you can see the underlying detail normally concealed by those parts. So they serve a purpose.

But to make the rest of the fast pack set clear also... What's the point? Just to make it clear for the sake of being clear?

And why stop there? Why not make the Valkyrie itself clear as well? :lol:

I'd be willing to buy one of those peices that holds the backpack and hatch thing in place for my 1J.

I have no FAST packs, but for some reason the hatch does not snap into place. I've examined it well, doesn't seem to be anything there that makes it snap...it's weird.

If Rohby does a set, I'll probably buy.

But I must admit that I agreed with Valkyrie even before I read his post.

What Yamato did make a tastefull business decision. Rather than create an entire clear set as a Gimmick, they made clear pieces of only the parts that conceal detail. This is the purpose of the clear parts, to show what's underneath. Why make the detail underneath clear? You wouldn't be able to see it as well and it would defeat the purpose that they had in mind for the clear parts in the first place.

I respect Yamato for not pumping out a lot of gimmicks to milk the molds for all they're worth. Like Takara does with their black version, then the ghost clear version, then whatever. Don't get me wrong, I like the transformers line but some reissues have been reissued a bit much. Only thing that comes close to this that Yamato has done is the Low Viz. But even then, it shows that they put some good design and thought into it instead of simply making another production valk in a different color plastic. Heck everybody loves the Low Viz. Anyway, I think this says a lot about Yamatos integrity.

I also don't like the idea of a Clear Fast Pack parts. It's kind of useless if they're not going to make the whole Fast Pack upgrades clear. They might as well make a clear VF-1 with internal parts.........then I might be interested in picking one up. B))

Hello,

I think that it would be cool to have a complete set of clear armor. The intent is to show off the interior detail, and as such the Strike Cannon may be lacking in that category.

However, last I heard, Rhoby was still working on the Joke Machine recast project, so perhaps he prefers to finish one project before beginning another.

I have not taken the time to contact him yet, because I am not sure how long it will be until my name comes up on the JM order list.

If anyone has any information, or received a JM from him recently, please post the latest news.

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Add me as a "yes" vote for a full set of clear armor. I'd love to have a few sets. They'd make for a nice display as is and would also be terrific fodder for use in creating some unique customs! :ph34r:

Hello,

I think that it would be cool to have a complete set of clear armor. The intent is to show off the interior detail, and as such the Strike Cannon may be lacking in that category.

However, last I heard, Rhoby was still working on the Joke Machine recast project, so perhaps he prefers to finish one project before beginning another.

I have not taken the time to contact him yet, because I am not sure how long it will be until my name comes up on the JM order list.

If anyone has any information, or received a JM from him recently, please post the latest news.

Sincerely,

Christopher 

Hi Chris!,

:) Don't worry...Rohby hasn't forgotten about you or the other people on his list waiting for their JM's. He just had a large amount of orders to fill and he mentioned that the molds also recently needed repairing (which I am certain contributed to the delay). But he did just get to my name on the list so it is coming along...and the end product is well worth the wait! B)) Hope this helps!!

Melissa