Valk color scheme variations.

DARTHTODD

Looking for some info on some valk color schemes and I'd like some help from the experts here. Here's the scoop: I have all the Yamato 1/60-1/72 scale color schemes that have been produced. So far I've customized my own VF-1S Hikaru. I enjoyed it and I want to do a bunch more (in 1/60 scale). I haven't seen very episodes from Macross and I was wodering how many different valk color schemes there are (only TV & DYRL) that have been shown on these episodes. My next one is a DYRL Max VF-1S. Other than this, what's out there, can I get a complete list? Pictures too would be great if possible. Sorry, I know that I've seen similar threads out there for this so I hope this request isn't annoying. Thanks.

I guess I can give a vague start and someone can follow-up with pics:

TV

Max VF-1A

Kakikazi VF-1A

VF-1J (Brown/CF) -- appeared during Hikuro's training

I'll try to scrounge up some pics.

Edited by Cannon Royale (aka Grand Cannon)

Back in the day, there was a site done by someone very cool (name espapes me). He basically had every color scheme ever seen in DYRL and TV. . . and they were all done very well. I haven't been able to find the site. But there were links on the old MW board (which is now down).

The site was very basic. As in, just an index of image files that you clicked on.

Each one looked like a schematic/line art. . . but there was one for each color scheme.

Is that site still around? Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks!

H

VF-1J (Brown/CF) -- appeared during Hikuro's training

Really? I know there's one in the first few eps. of SDFM, but I don't recall seeing a brown -1J then...

but then again, I may be mistaken - been so busy lately I haven't been able to watch my Macross DVDs much (sounds crazy, I know... :p )

A few more color schemes that appear in the show but aren't available in "off the shelf" Yamato Valks:

Virgin Road VF-1D (basically a VF-1D in Max's 1J color scheme, from the episode "Virgin Road")

Angel Birds VF-1A (exhibition team from the first episode; it's reasonable to assume there was also an Angel Birds VF-1D as discussed recently)

All three of these schemes (VR 1D; AB 1A; AB 1D) are available as Hasegawa models/decals

There's also a dark blue Valk in one episode--look in this thread.

That's all I can think of without going into esoterica like the Orguss Valk and the VEFR "Funny Chinese". Both appear in the TV show, but the Orguss Valk is a joke (not seriously meant to be part of the Macross universe). Oh, there's also a VF-1A with three head lasers somewhere, but that's an animation mistake. (It's not the same as the Robotech VF-1R, in spite of the superficial similarity.) All of these would require more than just color modifications.

So here's a list of what's been mentioned so far:

TV

Max VF-1A

Kakikazi VF-1A

VF-1J (Brown/CF)

VF-1D (similar to Max's 1J)

VF-1A angel birds

VF-1D angel birds

DYRL

Kakikazi VF-1A (green)

Max VF-1S

Hikaru VF-1S

Are there any other schemes that I'm missing? Any luck on the site that had pix of these? If not, I'll do my best searching for some. Thanks for all the help so far.

So here's a list of what's been mentioned so far:

TV

Max VF-1A

Kakikazi VF-1A

VF-1J (Brown/CF)

VF-1D (similar to Max's 1J)

VF-1A angel birds

VF-1D angel birds

DYRL

Kakikazi VF-1A (green)

Max VF-1S

Hikaru VF-1S

Are there any other schemes that I'm missing? Any luck on the site that had pix of these? If not, I'll do my best searching for some. Thanks for all the help so far.

Nope , BUT we could always come up with nice schemes like :

VF-1A Roy

VF-1S Millia

VF-1S Kakikazi

VF-1D Roy

VF-1J Low-vis

Vf-1S low-vis

That´s all I can think of roght now

There are two additional versions I know of:

TV

--VF-1A (green/white, similar to Max & Kakizake schemes; seen in "Grand Cannon" ep.)

--VF-1J (brown/white, can't remember ep.--Hikaru pilots Destroid, stops Zent. uprising)

Someone help me out with this one; I once downloaded a pic of "official" Bandai color schemes for the Valkyrie 1/72 models. Included in this pic was a VF-1J in color scheme like Max or Milia's, but in gray/white. Looked like a gull gray. I can't seem to find this pic anywhere online anymore. Seemed to be the "military/Navy" interpretation of a Valkyrie to me when I saw it. Has anyone else seen such a picture or version of VF-1J?

Edited by reddsun1

There are two additional versions I know of:

TV

--VF-1A (green/white, similar to Max & Kakizake schemes; seen in "Grand Cannon" ep.)

--VF-1J (brown/white, can't remember ep.--Hikaru pilots Destroid, stops Zent. uprising)

Someone help me out with this one; I once downloaded a pic of "official" Bandai color schemes for the Valkyrie 1/72 models.  Included in this pic was a VF-1J in color scheme like Max or Milia's, but in gray/white.  Looked like a gull gray.  I can't seem to find this pic anywhere online anymore.  Seemed to be the "military/Navy" interpretation of a Valkyrie to me when I saw it.  Has anyone else seen such a picture or version of VF-1J?

Check here

Edited by Fatalist

Oh yeah , I rembered now.

You could also have the following:

Roy VF-1J

Kakikazi VF-1J

I had wondered why Yamato has not yet produced VF-1 Purple Team variants from the PS2 SDF Macross Game given the fact that they are close to BW , it would´ve been apropiate of them to produce varaints from the game as a way of marketing the game itself AND their toys. Though I don´t know how popular those purple valks would be based on the success of the game.

1) VF-1D (Orange/Tan)

2) VF-1A/J Cannon Fodder (Tan/White)

3) VF-1A/D (?) Trainer (Tan/White)

4) VF-1A Angel Birds

5) VF-1A Kakizaki (Tan/White)

6) VF-1A Max (White/Blue)

7) VF-1J Hikaru (Red/White)

8) VF-1J Max (Blue/White)

9) VF-1J Milia (Red/White

10) VF-1S Roy (White/Gold/Black)

11) VF-1? Hangar Deck (Blue/Gray)

I think that is all of them. I don't remember that Alaska one...

Back in the day, there was a site done by someone very cool (name espapes me). He basically had every color scheme ever seen in DYRL and TV. . . and they were all done very well. I haven't been able to find the site. But there were links on the old MW board (which is now down).

The site was very basic. As in, just an index of image files that you clicked on.

Each one looked like a schematic/line art. . . but there was one for each color scheme.

Is that site still around? Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks!

H

That has to be crazy canuck!!!To bad the site is down for a while already.

I saved some of his images though but they are bitmaps so i can't post eem here coz bmps are not permitted. PM me if you need them.

Virgin Road VF-1D (basically a VF-1D in Max's 1J color scheme, from the episode "Virgin Road")

are u refering to the ep in which max was in the zentradi warship and the blue plane just miraculously change to orange for a few secs?? animation err i reckon?

No, it's the episode "Virgin Road" (episode 25, RT name is "Wedding Bells"). Max and Millia fly a two-seater in Max's VF-1J blue color scheme. There has been a little controversy on MW as to whether the plane in question is a 1D or a 1J with the 1D cockpit attached, but nearly everyone believes it was a 1D.

I don't recall the color change you're referring to, but I do remember an animation error in the scene where Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki are fighting Britai. At first it looks like Kakizaki in his brown/white battroid is choking Britai from behind with his gunpod, but a second later the battroid turns into Max's blue/white 1A.

Edited by ewilen

Back in the day, there was a site done by someone very cool (name espapes me).  He basically had every color scheme ever seen in DYRL and TV. . . and they were all done very well.  I haven't been able to find the site.  But there were links on the old MW board (which is now down).

The site was very basic.  As in, just an index of image files that you clicked on.

Is that site still around?  Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks!

H

That has to be crazy canuck!!!To bad the site is down for a while already.

I saved some of his images though but they are bitmaps so i can't post eem here coz bmps are not permitted. PM me if you need them.

OT here, but does anyone know where Crazy Canuck is these days? His website with those templates were terrific both for reference and to design custom color schemes.

And does anyone remember the custom Yamato 1/60 VF-1J and 1S heads that he sold? (1S head was a big improvement on the Yamato one..) Good stuff!! I'd love to have a couple more of those! :)

CC...Where are you?!? :huh:

OT here, but does anyone know where Crazy Canuck is these days? His website with those templates were terrific both for reference and to design custom color schemes.

And does anyone remember the custom Yamato 1/60 VF-1J and 1S heads that he sold? (1S head was a big improvement on the Yamato one..) Good stuff!! I'd love to have a couple more of those! :)

CC...Where are you?!? :huh:

If anyone can locate him, I'd gladly host those images on my own site if he can no longer do so.

They ruled.

H

Those are them. . . except those are all blank (as I'm sure you're aware). Crazy Cannuck had actually colored those (very well!) for just about every possible scheme. . .

I'd love to find those!

But, thanks for the blanks. Those are cool too!

H

Edited by Hurin