Question about VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.) (2nd V

lichapel

Hi guys,

I want to buy the following valkyrie, VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.) (2nd Ver.), but I want to ask some questions about it first.

T1O95jXmdXXXcDbpZU_013505.jpg_600x600.jp

- Does it have the shoulders issue or the updated shoulder hinges?

- It does have the updated crotch locking mechanism?

Thank you

Edited by lichapel

Hi guys,

I want to buy the following valkyrie, VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.) (2nd Ver.), but I want to ask some questions about it first.

- Does it have the shoulders issue or the updated shoulder hinges?

- It does have the updated crotch locking mechanism?

Thank you

the answers you seek are on anymoon.com. he's got a spreadsheet.

Hi Global's Pipe Holder,

Do you transform and play with it often?

Or do you just display it without touching it at all?

Thank you

I don't transform or touch them too often, but Yamato did a very good job solving the problems about the shoulders. I have found my Max and Kaki (both displayed in battroid mode) a couple of times in the ground (blame the cat) and they don't show any signs of damage at all, not even cracks. They are really quite resistant!

Edited by Froy

May someone (who transforms his/her valkyrie often) confirm that "VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.)" has a smooth pin, and has no shoulder hinge problem. Please forgive me asking it, it is an expensive toy.

Thank you

It seems to be all anecdotal, anyway.

Some may have problem, some may not have the problem.

The "problems" are livable, imo. They almost always not as catastrophic as the disintegrating Yamato VF-0A shoulder-issues.

In my own case, all of my VF-1v2 do not have any shoulder hinge issue, and I manhandled them quite often. I have the first releases up to the last releases with the supposed "fixes" and stuff. I can't say the same with the others' VF-1v2, however.

It all depends on how you personally really handle your toys, afaict.

If in doubt, just don't buy it at all.

From the spreadsheet on anymoon.com, its a 2.0 safe.

That means it will have fine shoulders, it will have the rainbiw tinted canopy (i like it, can have quality control concerns)

It will have the original crotch locking mechanism which is more difficult until you master it.

I have three vf-1 which have the combination above, i have no issues transforming them. I do not however have that exact valkyrie.

I want to add that Destroid Armour Waxer and Bridge Bunny are titles given by the board. The actual username is in the bar above it.

Shhh! I'm enjoying his replies. Sounds like an alien visitor trying to blend in. :)

"Thank you very much, male human!"

Guest davidwhangchoi

May someone (who transforms his/her valkyrie often) confirm that "VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.)" has a smooth pin, and has no shoulder hinge problem. Please forgive me asking it, it is an expensive toy.

Thank you

yeah, i understand your fear. i had the same concerns and confusion. if you take a look at the anymoon.com list that Saburo linked it's pretty complete and reliable.

but to answer, your request for user experience, i have the exact one you're looking for and his shoulders are not cracked.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Actually, there were 2 versions of this V2. The first had the tinted canopy and old hip locking mechanism, and the reissue had a clear canopy with the updated hip locking mechanism (much like the 1/48s). Both should be safe for the shoulder pin.

Edited by Old Man

Hi Galactic Diva,

Thank you so much for your confirmation. I am very grateful.

So, one last question, does it has the smooth hinge pins, rather than the knurled hinge pins? Anyone can give me a confirmation?

I am not a rich guy who can afford an expensive toy like this, and $500 is enough for me to pay my rent for this month.

Thank you so very much in advance.

Hi Galactic Diva,

Thank you so much for your confirmation. I am very grateful.

So, one last question, does it has the smooth hinge pins, rather than the knurled hinge pins? Anyone can give me a confirmation?

I am not a rich guy who can afford an expensive toy like this, and $500 is enough for me to pay my rent for this month.

Thank you so very much in advance.

Hi, Cannon Fodder.

The Kaki-VF1A shouldn't really cost more than US$100 (it was ignored and bargain-binned the last time it was up at hlj), but I know scalpers have been jacking up the pricing on pretty much any 1/60v2 VF-1.

That said, try not to even get it if it will cost you $500.

Use that money for something else more important.

Wait around and maybe Arcadia will re-release it,

or Bandai may release the smaller 1/100 HiMetal-R version of it that will cost less than $150 from legitimate japan-based shops like HLJ.

---

almost forgot to use the salutation you're using...

Edited by treatment

To treatment:

Yes, it is better to wait for a new release than to be ripped off by a scalper. However, Yamato 1/60 version 2 models are the only version that did the backpack and the super parts correctly. The super parts are not attached to the backpack for version 2, this will greatly reduce the strain on the backpack. Version 2 is the best version, given that the shoulder problem had been improved by Yamato.

To no3ljm:

Sorry about the mistake, and thank you for telling me.

To anyone:

Can anyone confirm whether smooth shoulder hinge pins are used for VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.) (2nd Ver.)?

Edited by lichapel

To no3ljm:

Sorry about the mistake, and thank you for telling me.

To anyone:

Can anyone confirm whether smooth pin is used for VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.) (2nd Ver.)?

No worries. ;)

As for the smooth pin question, this is the first time I encounter this. I didn't know there was two kinds of pins used on either versions. The only shoulder problem I know is the plastic itself and not the pins. Anyways, correct me if I'm wrong guys. ^_^

To treatment:

Yes, it is better to wait for a new release than to be ripped off by a scalper. However, Yamato 1/60 version 2 models are the only version that did the backpack and the super parts correctly. The super parts are not attached to the backpack for version 2, this will greatly reduce the strain on the backpack. Version 2 is the best version, given that the shoulder problem had been improved by Yamato.

I understand why you would want it. I own one.

That said, it's kind of a moot point regarding the Super/Strike Parts since the Kaki-TV never wore a Super-Pack in the anime, and that Super/Strike Parts add-on is even more rare now than a VF-1 and I reckon commands an even more premium scalper-pricing.

To anyone:

Can anyone confirm whether smooth shoulder hinge pins are used for VF-1A Valkyrie (Hayao Kakizaki Custom) (TV ver.) (2nd Ver.)?

If you're really that interested, I insist that you check out the listing at Anymoon.com. It should provide the information you are querying.